It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Hospital Initially Let Ebola Patient Go With Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

A man with Ebola in Dallas was initially sent home from the hospital with antibiotics after seeking treatment for an unknown illness, officials said.

He had no symptoms when he left Liberia and began to show signs of the disease on Sept. 24, the CDC said. He sought care on Sept. 26, was hospitalized two days later at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and is critically ill, said CDC Director Thomas Frieden. The agency is working to identify anybody who had contact with the man and track them down, he said.

Dallas Hospital Initially Let Ebola Patient Go With Drugs

So he was left to spread Ebola for 2 days

After the patient sought medical care on Sept. 26 and was sent home with antibiotics, he returned in an ambulance to Texas Health Presbyterian two days later and was admitted, said Edward Goodman, an epidemiologist at the hospital. The ambulance workers and other health-care professionals who treated him are being monitored for symptoms, Goodman said.

At least exposing the ambulance and ER personnel, and I complain went i'm sent home with no antibiotics...

Time will tell how this is going to be a complete catastrophe or just a partial one, thanks ER personnel that send the guy home the first time.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by Indigent because: personnel is not personal :O, im smart enogh to rule a hospital

edit on 1-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Apparently,on the 26th,he informed them at the hospital,that he was from Liberia.Sick.Liberia.And he was sent home.All your superior medical infrastructure and technology won't save you,if stupid on this level is in charge of it.a reply to: Indigent

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Time will tell how this is going to be a complete catastrophe or just a partial one, thanks ER personal that send the guy home the first time.

It's a not a personnel problem, its an administrative problem. When SARS popped up, and Pig Flu, both had screening measures implemented at most hospitals. Upon entering the hospital (the one Im familiar with) everyone was asked (screened) to see whether or not they had recently travelled to affected regions.

The reason its administrative is because screening measures have to be implemented by hospital brass, as some of the workers might not even have time to follow the news or keep up to date on when where and what is going on around the world concerning pandemics or epidemics. Some of them work crazy long hours not allowing them the luxury of knowing everything going on in the world.

The WHO or CDC should have informed every hospital in the US to take screening measures (HUH They haven't???) as soon as Ebola made its first trip outside Africa. Which was awhile ago if Im not mistaken.)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
According to CNN, the ambulance that brought him to the Hospital was used for another two days, before they put it in quarantine. It just takes one unlucky patient in that ambulance to have been infected. You can only spread the virus after you show symptoms, which is between 2 to 21 days.

And if this unlucky person that got it from the ambulance, has had symptoms (a headache maybe), he could have spread it everywhere he went..

You suddenly have a network of infected people you just can't control.

They say he had contact with just a handful of people, which is BS in my opinion. He never left the House? He didn't go to a supermarket or at least got shown around by his folks?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Apparently,on the 26th,he informed them at the hospital,that he was from Liberia.Sick.Liberia.And he was sent home.All your superior medical infrastructure and technology won't save you,if stupid on this level is in charge of it.a reply to: Indigent

Common sense took a vacation and many people may wind up paying with their lives. I can't even believe that they haven't shut down travel coming and going from these regions to try and prevent it from popping up here to begin with. Too little, too late obviously and nobody seems to even be considering shutting it all down even now. I know they hate to put people out and all, but damn... putting them in the ground seems a bit more serious than putting a restriction on some travel plans.

I guess that line of thinking is why they make the big bucks and I don't.

edit on 10/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Its not stupid in charge, its CUNNING AND PURE EVIL LEADERSHIP. And people just vote them in, one or the other and they're ALL EVIL. Instead of getting the real master test of earth, community councils of citizens, unity, doing it from the grassroots up, stop blaming poor, always work for a balanced system that is abundance for all and does away with all their corruption and banking conglomerates. Really GROW UP. And then VOTE ONLY YOUR OWN PEOPLE. And make sure immediate laws made to be able to fire quickly anyone elected or any judge or police chief.

Because the hospital do what the government makes them do.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Common sense took a vacation and many people may wind up paying with their lives. I can't even believe that they haven't shut down travel coming and going from these regions to try and prevent it from popping up here to begin with. Too little, too late obviously and nobody seems to even be considering shutting it all down even now. I know they hate to put people out and all, but damn... putting them in the ground seems a bit more serious than putting a restriction on some travel plans.

I guess that line of thinking is why they make the big bucks and I don't.

Travel has not been restricted from the countries with Ebola because the majority of them are black. The liberals/progressives/Democrats (Obama) would rather see millions of americans die than be seen as racist for stopping travel from a black country to the US. The would especially rather see an epidemic than profile where someone is from if they are black, that is just too racist for them to take.

edit on 8Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:51:46 -0500am100110amk013 by grandmakdw because: highlight

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I think its harder than that, people can travel through Europe too, usually is even cheaper, are you going to stop all international flights?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: grandmakdw

I think its harder than that, people can travel through Europe too, usually is even cheaper, are you going to stop all international flights?

It would be a start at least. Many countries have already banned flights from Ebola infected countries to their countries.

Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Gambia and Kenya have banned flights from there.

British Airways and Air France has stopped flights to and from those countries.

The US is too concerned with how it would "look" (because our current government is obsessed with seeing racism in everything).

We are so obsessed with political correctness that we are unwilling to do something that has nothing to do with racism - keep people from infected countries from traveling to the US in any way we are able to humanely do so.

edit on 9Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:08:38 -0500am100110amk013 by grandmakdw because: highlight

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He was actually contagious for four days before he was isolated. Ebola is contagious as soon as the patient is symptomatic.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

They probably thought Liberia was in Europe haha

Someone else has it...
edit on 1-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Oh my.. did he have kids and did they go to school? What an absolute blunder by the hospital.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

There was no blunder. Rothschild's, Windsors and Rockefellers, and all their subsiduaries and minions rolling on the floor with laughter right now.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I have a feeling that will be a learning experience for everyone. From now on anyone coming in with those symptoms will be asked if they have traveled abroad recently and looked at more closely. I don't know how much we can really blame the people in the Dallas ER for not knowing right off the bat he had Ebola, it's not like they had ever seen it before or anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wonder if race and insurance or lack of insurance had anything to do with how he was treated the first time, and why he was sent home from the ER. Thinking out loud and speculating. This makes no sense at all, and little by little information is starting to come out about the whole thing. I was laying in bed just waking up this morning, and I thought on the radio I heard them say they were "trying to locate the FAMILY" to test them". I was half asleep though and can't be sure.

And then again simple geography and paying attention to current events plays a part. It's now football season and well, you know important stuff like that. This might actually wake a few people up, though to what is happening.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
Let's hope Patient Z had his (useless) antibiotic prescription filled via the pharmacy's drive-thru window.
Even if a family member took care of the prescription, who knows if he/she had been infected or how long the
virus took to present symptoms? And pharmacies are notorious for taking their time, encouraging customers to "look around the store" while they wait.
On another thread, it was mentioned that a journalist had traveled from the infected region, and while her temp had been checked before she boarded the flight, the buck stopped there, and when she got off the plane, no one checked anything. So comforting. I know that studies have shown quarantine/closing borders won't stop the spread...I get it, I understand, but wouldn't a more cautious approach at airports slow down the spread? It couldn't hurt--for now--right? Any studies on that? (I ask rhetorically.)
EDITED to add: In the past, I have seen silver haired grannies being scrutinized and searched by the TSA in airports.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Hellas
Let's hope Patient Z had his (useless) antibiotic prescription filled via the pharmacy's drive-thru window.
Even if a family member took care of the prescription, who knows if he/she had been infected or how long the
virus took to present symptoms? And pharmacies are notorious for taking their time, encouraging customers to "look around the store" while they wait.
On another thread, it was mentioned that a journalist had traveled from the infected region, and while her temp had been checked before she boarded the flight, the buck stopped there, and when she got off the plane, no one checked anything. So comforting. I know that studies have shown quarantine doesn't stop the spread...I get it, I understand, but wouldn't a firmer approach at airports slow down the spread? It couldn't hurt--for now--right? Any studies on that? (I ask rhetorically.)

So they check people for fever. How effective is that if the person has taken some Tylenol and suppressed it?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten
I hate to think this, much less write it, but the hay is in the barn. Patient Z arrived in the US, our own Typhoid Mary, and the hospital (I understand the facility had just done an in-service about Ebola?? Can't confirm) turned him away.
Two precious days were lost as Patient Z had the potential to infect others. On CNN (tv) this morning, Sanjay said it is possible that this same scenario is being played out in other emergency rooms in the US.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Completely unacceptable. Emergency rooms need to stop assuming and start testing.

I almost lost my life because of an ER mistake day before yesterday...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Why oh why am I not surprised in the slightest.

I bet "lessons will be learned"....... NOT.

And on top of that, they wonder why antibiotics are becoming useless. When they prescribe them to people with viruses.

edit on 201410America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 01 Oct 2014 12:32:00 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join