It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Hospital Initially Let Ebola Patient Go With Drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Now the next nightmare is the poor middle-class person who can't take the time off from work, or pay the exorbitant co-pay of an ER visit. They'll be on their deathbed before they consent to go, after they have already infected a number of people with whom they have come in contact.

I was thinking that, or corrupt officials trying to cover their asses. Checking a box saying "not infected" simply to protect their ass somewhere down the line. Or some other manner of bumbling bureaucratic nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

No. I propose a quarantine of the area.

You know...that thing you do to prevent diseases from spreading?

Here in Dallas they asked the potentially infected family (who was sleeping on his sweat drenched sheets, which were still there as of yesterday or today) to remain in their home to avoid the possibility of infecting others. The ignorants did not, even going so far as sending the potentially infected kids to school. So, the state is now enforcing a quarantine.

Or is it ok with you that irressponsible and ignorant people infect your family with a deadly virus?

Cause it is certainly not ok with me.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
...Dallas should be quarantined as well as any place the patient's contactees have traveled to. At least for 3 weeks. If it spread to others who have spread it already, then it's too late for quarantine anyhow.

originally posted by: bbracken677

Here in Dallas they asked the potentially infected family (who was sleeping on his sweat drenched sheets, which were still there as of yesterday or today) to remain in their home to avoid the possibility of infecting others. The ignorants did not, even going so far as sending the potentially infected kids to school. So, the state is now enforcing a quarantine.

Or is it ok with you that irressponsible and ignorant people infect your family with a deadly virus?

There are also people who support even the quarantine of individuals who get the flu during flu season, as well as forced vaccinations. Consider this:

news source: thehill.com...

The Hill is reporting that the 4 people who were in close contact with Ebola patient Thomas Duncan (including his girlfriend) are under armed guard now in Dallas Texas because they violated quarantine orders that don't expire until October 19. I'm assuming the armed guard means if they try to leave again they can be shot and killed, legally, despite committing no real crime.

The woman, Louise Troh, has this perspective on the forced quarantine: "Who wants to be locked up? I'm not sick with Ebola...leave me alone, leave my kids alone." You can see there is a degree of ignorance on her part if she said this, particularly given it can take more than two weeks for the virus to incubate to the point that symptoms of Ebola are manifested. Yet, I can't help but feel that her rights are being violated. If, as the media has said repeatedly, Ebola can only infect a person through close contact with bodily fluids, unlike the more common influenza virus, which is possible to spread through the air, then why the lock down?-- and with an armed guard?

Makes me think the officials in Texas just want the public to believe they have everything under control (with guns).

edit on 3-10-2014 by Petros312 because: I'm a perfectionist

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Them are doing this.
so you think this is why its spreading.
but they will be the ones spreading it!

its called culling the hurd!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

I understand your rights comment, but what about my right to not be infected by a moron who refuses to do the right thing?

Obviously, the bozo in the hospital exercised his rights of freedom and has likely infected others, quite possibly even children.

One's rights end when they violate another's.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Cause it is certainly not ok with me.

Sh*t happens. Even "intelligent" people do dumb things.
Thats life. Is that Okay with me? No.
Is there a single damn thing I can do about it? No.

If I spent my time worrying about the ignorant people Id have no time left for myself.

But yeah, be afraid... BE VERY AFRAID.
Its the american nightmare to always be scared.
You could always run for the hills and build a bunker.
Or you can use rationality and not emotion and wait and see how things pan out first.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 12:22:57 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join