It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Hospital Initially Let Ebola Patient Go With Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First US Ebola patient was in contact with schoolchildren now being monitored - Texas governor
RT

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

you beat me to that...also on the news they tested the 3 emts who took him to the hospital, all three tested negative...so that at least is good news.....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Let me just say that television has been warning us about this for five years. The Strain and Contagion come to mind, let alone 28 days Later, 28 weeks Later, and even Outbreak. I look at things like that as a test run on the populace ignorance.

Now, as far as Ebola...ITS BEEN HERE. It just didn't get to the states, its been out there. What we have is a combination of dishonesty from our government, corporations, and news outlets to provoke fear and panic so they can declare marshall law, or some other restrictive repressive bull#.

Ebola, is looking just like the AIDS Pandemic to me. People are going on and on about "countries not giving Africa help" but face facts - AFRICA HAS BEEN THE TESTING GROUND FOR THESE AGENTS SINCE DAY ONE. Like AIDS, Ebola has been specifically targeted for a certain demographic, and like AIDS it will mutate in kind with a little help from the lab.

If people think this just "happened", they need to check the Tuskeegee Experiment, and look at the protocols behind the AIDS drugs in the 1960s first.

Wash rinse and repeat people. Chill out.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First they say ebola is 'clear and present danger' so much American troops have been sent to Africa to 'fight' it.

Then Ebola comes here, and they sent them home with the proverbial 'take two of these, and call me in the morning'.

They need to get their effing story straight.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

you beat me to that...also on the news they tested the 3 emts who took him to the hospital, all three tested negative...so that at least is good news.....
If YOU Listened To The NEW Conference FROM THE Texas Governor And More YOU WOULDN'T Have Heard THE Dr Say That Testing Negative Early IN THE Virus Is LIKE A False negative. My auto correct went crazy but I'm not fixing it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Take it from a health care professional who's had many years experience in the hospitals: He was probably discharged hime from the ER due to some ER doc following a "pathway" like chart to tell him what to do, what not to do, etc. based on the patients symptoms. You don't meet certain criteria? You are not admitted. Period. Regardless if you are sick AND just flew in from the Ebola epicenter, or not.

Welcome to our joke of a healthcare industry, in the most powerful nation in the world...I bet he knew he had been exposed and had the means to fly here to the US, thinking if he could just get over here, he could beat it and survive.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I am a lab tech (and I prefer reference lab work over hospital work), but doesn't the ER usually stabilize someone and then send them home (whenever possible)?

I suspect we need to revise our hospital protocals.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
This is so true. I know about a situation where a (now) bankrupt hospital corporation sold out to another one. The former still has pending lawsuits from ER physicians who admitted patients that were actually sick but didn't tick off the boxes. The latter has an in-hospital crew who searches for ways to discharge ill patients. I have no reason to believe that these corporations will suddenly develop a conscience or be motivated to save lives.

And according to reports on msm, the patient repeatedly told the health care workers that he was from Liberia. It didn't matter.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
First off, does this really surprise anyone who has ever been to the ER???

Second, if Ebola is here they are not worried because it would be the American version which is a lot better than the African version... no worries right? The only reason it spread so fast in Africa was because they are dirty and uneducated. Right? ITs not contagious they keep saying.

oh my gawd please hear the sarcasm in that

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

My dad's cancer was diagnosed on October 2000, but the HMO didn't tell him because they were bankrupt and didn't want to treat him for it. They went out of business December 31, 2000. In April 2001, my father's new doctor diagnosed it after an infection would not go away. He died a year and a half later.

I don't trust the medical system for nothin'.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Prevention Is Better Than Cure, oftten said via the world of Nedical staff, yet rarely practiced till it all goes wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
My mother was sent home twice from the ER, and she had a pulmonary embolism. No HMO involved; just a doctor who thought my mom was being dramatic (she always is that way). But Drama Queens get sick, too. I'm so sorry about your dad. One can hope that karma is keeping notes.

As for the medical system, we've just witnessed how it broke down with its first case of Ebola. It was almost elementary, a fill in the blank case, so easy a caveman could diagnose it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
But but...the Governor says we should be confident in the professionals...

Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Dallas Ebola patient: Professionals on every level in the chain of command know what to do; says public should have confidence professionals will succeed in mission

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
But but...the Governor says we should be confident in the professionals...

Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Dallas Ebola patient: Professionals on every level in the chain of command know what to do; says public should have confidence professionals will succeed in mission

Lol. Yeah because the "professionals" are gods.

They never make mistakes and know everything.

Oh wait a minute!!
edit on 201410America/Chicago10pm10pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 12:22:45 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

As bad as the hospital's reaction was, the entity I am really pissed of as hell at is our govt.

For issuing a visa to a resident of an Ebola affected area!! This should not be happening in the first place!!

Those countries should be quarantined!

Perhaps I am a bit too close to be objective, as I live in Dallas, but I felt that the countries should have been quarantined long ago.

This guy obviously came here to escape the plague ridden country, and was aware that he may be infected. He then risked many peoples lives, through ignorance and stupidity, by making contact with his friends and family here. Including children for crying out loud!!

This is inexcusable...everyone is all wound up about the secret service and yet no one questions how this jerk was let into the country in the first place!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

For issuing a visa to a resident of an Ebola affected area!! This should not be happening in the first place!!

Deny them a visa because they come from a Region where there's Ebola?? Seriously? So you propose you should be denied a visa since you are now from a Region with Ebola!

no one questions how this jerk was let into the country in the first place!!

With a plane and a visa like every other human being like him..

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Haven't read thru the thread yet so maybe it's already been said, but WTH did they give him antibiotics for? Was there an obvious bacterial infection?

People who request antibiotics for vital illnesses and the doctors who prescribe them should be fined, at minimum. Those who don't take their full course should be quarantined for life.

Antibiotics DO NOTHING FOR VIRAL INFECTIONS.

Those who continue to their overuse and misuse are a far bigger threat to society than all illegal drugs, terrorism and nuclear weapons combined.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Great points there, however, I personally believe the answer is, YES. Dallas should be quarantined as well as any place the patient's contactees have traveled to. At least for 3 weeks. If it spread to others who have spread it already, then it's too late for quarantine anyhow.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I wonder if race and insurance or lack of insurance had anything to do with how he was treated the first time

I was wondering the same thing about the insurance issue. The fact that he was an African, who likely didn't speak the language, didn't work in his favor.

a reply to: Elton

doesn't the ER usually stabilize someone and then send them home

I seem to recall recently seeing a sign outside of a local ER that said exactly that. Especially if the patient didn't have insurance. Apparently that is the extent of their legal culpability.

Given that Patient Z was an alien visitor to the US, without any financial means, I think it is quite likely he didn't have any health insurance.

Dex

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

The WHO or CDC should have informed every hospital in the US to take screening measures (HUH They haven't???) as soon as Ebola made its first trip outside Africa. Which was awhile ago if Im not mistaken.)

IIRC, the CDC has been warning hospitals for at least the last month or so to be prepared for an Ebola infection. Including how to screen for the disease and isolate patients infected with it.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I read about it here on ATS first, before it hit the MSM.

I've seen a lot of people discussing how a major outbreak couldn't happen in the US because of the nation's superior infrastructure and advanced healthcare system. And this type of scenario was exactly what I feared. Either greed, or stupidity, was going to allow the disease spread.

Now the next nightmare is the poor middle-class person who can't take the time off from work, or pay the exorbitant co-pay of an ER visit. They'll be on their deathbed before they consent to go, after they have already infected a number of people with whom they have come in contact.

Dex

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join