It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Need To See This!! Routine Traffic Stop Escalates Beyond Belief!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Sure it's powered in the front but again you still have the most control, so if it pulls, you can correct it.
If the back goes out and cause your car to then fish tail, you can not then control those tires, you can only hope you are able to correct and not over correct.
And i have personally seen a flip due to a blown out back tire.

Really both tires can cause a flip if you blow them out, hence why cops use spikes that slowly deflate the tires

edit on stWed, 01 Oct 2014 02:23:18 -0500America/Chicago1020141880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Exactly the back end causes you to spin, which if you over correct will cause you to flip.

Which do you have more control over? The front or the back

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There is no real control. You have seconds to either stop (which is a form of control) or not.

In a front end flat you can stop AFTER the car is pulled to which ever side created instant friction.

Back end, you can control all you want for the couple seconds you are applying the brakes.

I had a back blow out once and front blow out another time. The front end one nearly killed me and a woman driving next to me. The back, I just corrected a little while the car was slowing down. (and that was in snow).

edit on 10 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
That agrees with my numerous experiences, as well.
Rear tire blow-out will result in a drag/pull in the steering column...
I have seen rear tires entirely blown...and the vehicle driven for miles on a rim.
Nothing much left of the tire...but if it's front-wheel drive, the rear end is just being pulled-along anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well from everything I have read it seems they are both just as dangerous and it really depends on the driver and type of vehicle.
Vans are prone to flip and you would have a scared driver that now has a blow out not ideal conditions.

For sake of argument you guys can have this one and I'll say front could be more dangerous then the back.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I'd be willing to concede to you, Sremmos80
I considered it a questionable move, when first seeing it in the video, as well.
But...I thought/believed he was shooting at a rear tire, which he later claimed...and I thought that might have been a good move at the time (if he was confident that his shots would not elevate to the cab of the van).
Nevertheless - he was decommissioned over said action/s...and - in all prudence, that might have been the correct action, as well.
Heat of the moment...is a part of a cop's world.

BTW - those 'back-up' cops looked very unprepared for the situation that developed as soon as they arrived.
Do you know if they were Locals...or State?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

The shooter has already been fired, as he should be. It was a stupid move on the woman's part, but it was handled very poorly. Not as audacious as some of the activity we have seen from police - i would call this ignorance rather than the murderous thuggery and cowardly shooting of the walmart murder and the seatbelt shooting (all recent incidents).

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I am not convinced she actually tried to escape the first time, I think she was confused.
She pulled over as soon as he got behind her and she would've known he would catch her.

If the cops pulling up actually saw the people outside then they KNEW there were small children and they shouldn't have fired or chased. They had the woman's info an arrest warrant should have been put out and an apb. If someone is shooting at you and your kids you aren't going to stop.

The cop that did the shooting was fired for a reason.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Lol..

Lesson: pay da money.

Its pretty stupid that you have to make the decision right there but wt# that lady is stupid.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Perhaps it all boils down to white cop black woman?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

I think it boils down to retarded person finding bad consequences to their absurd /unfit behavior.
edit on 10 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Not one word of thanks/appreciation... ?
Just jab everyone that responds to your arguments/requests...then, avoid the facts, when presented, by calling "foul".
? ? ?

Oh boy! You want a parade? Great, you found something explaining the citation process. Something that was very critical of the process, by the way. My quotes were from your link. The desire for PDs to find a "bullet proof" citation process was discussed in YOUR link.

I don't care what a bunch of arm chair referees say THEY would have done, or what the woman should or should not have understood.

The cop was wrong here. All the cops were wrong here. I hope that woman sues, and wins a lot of money!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm right with the Police on this one.

• They did everything by the book.

• They stopped the vehicle and identified themselves

• They told the driver why they had stopped them.

• They gave options in a very clear and precise manor.

• When they refused to choose the office clearly said turn off your engine and wait

• When the driver took off they then took a more forceful approach

• When the officer felt threatened he drew his weapon (DID NOT FIRE)

• When the criminals jumped into the vehicle and took off the police officer attempted to shoot out the tires.

If you want to know who endangered the children it was the driver travelling at 100mph across the central reservation and onto the wrong side of the road!

Korg.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The mother endangered her Children, not the Cops. She had multiple chances, but she thought she would the 'smart' thing and drive off. Twice! They're lucky they didn't get shot at on the scene, especially when the Kid thought he could just grab the Cop.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think I might be the only one who believes the officer that shot out the tire did the right thing.

The amount of lives the driver put at risk while fleeing from the police outweighs the risk of shooting out the tire. He wanted to prevent a pursuit, not shoot anyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I think I might be the only one who believes the officer that shot out the tire did the right thing.

The amount of lives the driver put at risk while fleeing from the police outweighs the risk of shooting out the tire. He wanted to prevent a pursuit, not shoot anyone.

You're not the only one....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
that is one patient cop!!
unless there's something we are not aware of (there seems to be a question of the integrity of the tape) the mom should have just opted to pay the fine in the time given and signed the ticket (if she had taken it to court they probably would have included the suspended license also!) but no couldn't have that she has to act crazy and drive through town 80 miles an hour weaving around the traffic! By what I read I kind of think she got off on the charges?? So we still have to worry about this crazy driver being on the road?
I am also kind of concerned about me. I found myself laughing my tail off about halfway through the video!
I've never had to chose how I wanted to handle things when I got a ticket either.That kind of struck me as odd. To me that is a stupid way to do things. I mean the cop is on a busy highway which is dangerous why not make it as quick as possible?
Matter of fact I've had a cop ask me why I didn't pull over right away and that was the reason I gave him. There was a big parking lot down the road and I thought he'd be much safer there! Didn't deny I was speeding or anything like that just didn't want to see a cop get smushed by one of the semis going 50 down the road! Wonder if they'd freak out and shoot my tires out for being that concerned for their well being now?

oh and you also have to consider this
the women was acting quite odd! I mean come on who sits and argues like that then drives off and goes through that kind of crap over a speeding ticket? the cops were probably asking themselves that very question also and well some of the possibilities might have set off an alarm or two! I mean she wasn't acting in any way sane which means just about anything would be possible

edit on 1-10-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
that is one patient cop!!
unless there's something we are not aware of (there seems to be a question of the integrity of the tape) the mom should have just opted to pay the fine in the time given and signed the ticket (if she had taken it to court they probably would have included the suspended license also!)

The police man did point that out to them, and said I'm trying to help you out.

It just goes to show you how many people out there have very low IQs, it's frankly scary that we have people like this on our roads!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

My theory is she knew that there was drug paraphernalia inside the van and she was terrified of going to jail...

That would make sense, but why would she push the envelope when the cop didn't even want to search her car? She could have just said she was going to pay the fine, and the cop would have never known about the drug paraphernalia. I think it was just in her nature to act the way she did. Some people just walk around with a chip on their shoulder.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I am not convinced she actually tried to escape the first time, I think she was confused.
    She pulled over as soon as he got behind her and she would've known he would catch her.
  • null

• This made me laugh!! She was NOT CONFUSED!! To ME SHE WAS REACTING LIKE SHE WAS STONED OUT OF HER MIND!
    Bottom line that is probably why she kept repeating herself in a very confused manner!! And then refused to get out of the car!! Paranoia big time!!!! Do not make excuses for this woman whom exercised NO Judgement at all of a very simple situation!! Was I the only one that so the male child go after the cop?? I mean this was a comedy of errors brought on by the idiot stoned drivers behavior!!!

I believe the cops did everything right and gave her many chances to do the right thing!! She was too stupid and out of it to even realize the break she was getting!! For the record: you cannot drive on an expired license!! EXPIRED MEANS NOT VALID which translates to NO license!!

If she gets off on these charges it is a tragedy!! She should have to pay numerous fines, attend many classes including parenting, and i don't know what else!! But it comes down to...RIGHT VS. WRONG according to law which are the rules that govern our society!!

Great comments everyone!! Thank you!!

Pax

edit on 10/1/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join