It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Need To See This!! Routine Traffic Stop Escalates Beyond Belief!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
wow....holy s**t....

see, the officer who initially stopped her was very good....he was calm, courteous, and professional. he wasn't rude, didn't use foul language, he was very proper in the way he was acting...that lady though....

first she argues about having to make a decision on what option she wants to go with on the citation, then she takes off, then after being stopped a SECOND time, she refuses to exit the car after being ordered to...then she argues about it. christ, by the 8:30 point, i would have tased her, pulled her out of the car, and arrested her...he was trying to be cool about everything, and she was being a crazy bitch...in this case, a bit of force would have been justified...

i think the other officers shooting at the van was a bit much...however, you need to take into account that an officer had just been assaulted by an occupant of the van, and now you've got runners...first instinct is to shoot, to stop them. i think they may have been trying to damage the van, or scare the driver into stopping...not sure on that one, but whatever, i still think the discharging of live rounds may have been a bit over the top..

the lady broke multiple laws, and should have been arrested before she had a chance to escalate it to the point it reached.

additionally, when the speed indicator on the dashcam flashed "88MPH", am i the only one who thought of back to the future? "When this baby hits eighty-eight miles an hour, you're gonna see some real s**t"

edit on 9-30-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Okay. But, is it true that if you get a ticket in New Mexico you have to declare, right there and then, with no take backs, like the officer said, whether you take the pay the ticket route, or the fight the ticket route? Is it true that if you refuse to decide that, you can be arrested? Is it true that there's no option to just sign for the ticket, like the lady was asking to do?

If that is not true of New Mexico law, then the woman had the right to resist, in my opinion, and drive to a more populated area.

edit on 30-9-2014 by windword because: no take backs

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Haven't watched the video, but to be beyond belief the police would have to murder the entire family, rape their corpses and dress in their skins.

Short of that, I would believe just about anything that the police do nowadays.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

hats off to the first officer. Very well done....

That family.... man....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Wow! I didn't see this before.

I've never heard of having to decide whether to fight the ticket the ticket or pay the fine, and sign to it, right then and there, in front of the cop, before. I've always just signed for the ticket and then either paid it and did traffic school or fought it.

The cop was threatening to arrest her and take her to a judge immediately if she didn't make a decision. The woman was clearly terrified of being arrested and abused in front of her children. From looking at the tape, it seems to me that she and her children were afraid the cop was going to rape her.

So, how did it turn out. Did the cop have the right to make her decide and commit and sign as to pay the fine or go to court, and was he right to say that if she didn't declare one way or the other, she'd be arrested?
You can't be serious, but I bet you are. I'm not fan of police brutality, but that was no where near evident here. Not even after they were apprehended.

This woman put everyone at risk and she should be put into an institution to see if she's sane. But of course this is turned into a racial incident. What else could be sued as a defense in this instance?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: windword

Wow! I didn't see this before.

I've never heard of having to decide whether to fight the ticket the ticket or pay the fine, and sign to it, right then and there, in front of the cop, before. I've always just signed for the ticket and then either paid it and did traffic school or fought it.

The cop was threatening to arrest her and take her to a judge immediately if she didn't make a decision. The woman was clearly terrified of being arrested and abused in front of her children. From looking at the tape, it seems to me that she and her children were afraid the cop was going to rape her.

So, how did it turn out. Did the cop have the right to make her decide and commit and sign as to pay the fine or go to court, and was he right to say that if she didn't declare one way or the other, she'd be arrested?

You can't be serious, but I bet you are. I'm not fan of police brutality, but that was no where near evident here. Not even after they were apprehended.

I didn't say anything about police brutality. I asked a simple question about New Mexico law. If you can't answer it say so and please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

edit on 3020140920141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

The mother of those kids was not only ignorant, she escalated the situation and caused undue stress on her young children. It was a speeding ticket for God's sake! The cop was letting her go with an expired license and she continued to make the situation worst than what it had to be. I think the first cop was actually showing restraint.

As for the other cop, what the hell was wrong with him shooting at a van filled with children? She wasn't armed she was just stupid! Cops should be held accountable for shooting at an unarmed person. I wonder if he would have been held accountable if he would have killed one of those little kids?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Cops should be held accountable for shooting at an unarmed person. I wonder if he would have been held accountable if he would have killed one of those little kids?

He was shooting at the tires. He was also held accountable.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I think the first cop was actually showing restraint.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell... he was damn near shoving a 'get outta jail free CARD right into her hands".

her Self and Her Actions throughout are/were deplorable... imho.

she was afforded Beyond every 'grace of the law' and still shunned the same, all the while.

she acted like a dumbass and deserves/deserved Everything that came/comes her way as a result of her actions.

sheesh.

put your family at risk for your own stupidity.

especially when the initial officer that pulled her over did everything he could to negate/mimimize what he was going to Have cite/charge her for/with.

dumb B ...

the whole time watching the vid, up until she actually exited the vehicle, I envisioned an elderly lady, unaware/unsure as to her surroundings, etc.

but to see that young lady satep out of the vehicle after all that BS...

you're on your own sister.

god freaking lawd....

guess forrest gump is/was right afterall... stupid is as stupid does. :derp: :derp:

That or Ron White, "Ya cain't fix Stoopid!!?"

:derp:

Me?

I'ma lie back down next to this here rock and wait for the next one to slither out from under.

:sheesh:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Man, that was pathetic.

In the first place, she's a total idiot and instigated it all from the get-go. I have no sympathy for her plight. Why didn't she just take the ticket in the first place, promising to show up in court 30 days later? If she wanted to contest it, she could then go to court and plead her case. Otherwise, she could have simply mailed in the $126. Instead, she decided to sit there and argue about it.

Next, like a fool she took off, putting her and her entire family in jeopardy. I mean, talk about brain-dead!

Then, surprise-surprise, the cop chases her down and demands she get out of the van. Once AGAIN, foolishly aguing the matter, she decides to flee the scene. Like a moron, she AGAIN puts her entire family in great danger over a speeding ticket.

All the above could have been avoided had she used any sense or good judgement at all. But, she didn't.

Now, I understand the cop being pissed over lunacy and for fleeing the scene. But, instead of handling it properly, he then decides to follow her lead and open up a can of brain-farts of his own.

Regardless of what had just transpired, breaking out the van window wasn't exactly a smart move. All it accomplished was to push the crazy lady off the ledge and into the arms of total insanity.

God... And finally, instead of being the cooler heads and showing even the slightest inkling of reasonable judgement, the cops commence shooting at a carload of kids. It's like the Yosemite Sam Complex came over them.

This whole deal was a circus from beginning to end. Instead of one side being right or wrong, they were ALL wrong.

Whew...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I can't find anything to back up that the officer was acting legally when he initially told the woman that she had to sign, admitting guilt or sign saying that you are disputing the ticket. When he told the woman that he was already cutting her a break, was that to urge to admit to speeding when she wasn't?

When she told the officer that she was afraid to get out her car because they were in the middle of nowhere, after he already threatened to arrest her, if he was acting illegally in the first place, then she had a right to seek out a more populated location, where there would be witnesses.

www.dmv.org...-Your-Options

I can't find anything in this website that says you have to admit guilt, or set a court date to fight your ticket, during a traffic stop.

edit on 30-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well.. it was the woman being stupid she should have just taken the ticket, BUT even in a video where the cop is doing everything right the second they get into a group they go into complete idiocy. They had her info, let her go and put out a warrant for her arrest - simple. Instead you have an idiot cop firing blindly at a car full of kids. The one kid wasn't being bad he was just freaked out and trying to defend him mom which is natural. Then they caused a high speed case with kids involved while the mom was looking for some place safe to stop which is natural after being fired on. Cops shouldn't initiate highspeed chases unless the person is a danger to others.

So, yeah the woman was stupid or misunderstood, but the cops were dangerously stupid.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah.. where I live you don't sign anything. They give you a ticket and you pay or show up in court.

I didn't really get that either, maybe common other places.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Well.. she didn't put her kids in danger taking off the first time. I don't think she was trying to escape which is why it was low speed and she stopped again.

You have to agree that the cop firing on a car full of kids with ignorant and dismissal worthy I mean he had her info. All he had to do was let her go and then put out a warrant for her. Cops aren't supposed to do what was done in this video. I agree he seemed cool in the beginning although he was still being bull#ty with her demanding she make a decision. I think she got confused and was scared, maybe little experience with police. Then after shots being fired.. you have to just cut her a break for running. At that point she was looking for a safe public place to surrender for the sake of the kids.

All involved cops and civilians were acting like idiots.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yeah. I just got a speeding ticket from the CHP. I signed for receipt of the ticket, which is what this lady was asking to do. I didn't have to tell the officer that pulled me over whether or not I agreed with his decision to cite me. Hell no!

This woman wasn't arguing over the ticket, she was arguing over admitting guilt or setting a court date, and being told that she COULDN'T change her mind later! Is that legal in New Mexico? It's not a precedent on the state website.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
The mother of those kids was not only ignorant, she escalated the situation and caused undue stress on her young children. It was a speeding ticket for God's sake!

My theory is she knew that there was drug paraphernalia inside the van and she was terrified of going to jail...

Nothing else makes much sense.

Police arrested Farrell and her teen son after the chase. She faces charges of child abuse, fleeing and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia for two marijuana pipes found in her van.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I can't find anything newer on this story, but I didn't really try too hard.

A few very recent stories:

Appeals court judge suggests dismissing charges against Oriana Farrell
www.taosnews.com...

Oriana Ferrell, Mom Whose Van Full Of Kids Was Shot By Police, Breaks Silence
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Judge Paternoster, Oriana Farrell, a Smoking Gun? and a Gap in the Tape
www.taosfriction.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You need to view the video.

The problem was the woman acted like a moron. Who in their right mind would spend a second more than necessary, around a cop?

I must say, that cop was quite a nice man. And yes, the backup cop was trying to shoot out the tires, as mentioned in the radio reports to dispatch.

Again, try watching the video. The cop who fired at the tires was not in any way shape or form, the catalyst for the problem. That woman driver was abusing his good nature, times ten, which ruins it for everyone else.

The gunshots are not what propelled the lady on a high speed escape attempt. She was already fleeing, and cops are not going to allow that, ever, especially not twice. A lot of times they just execute anyone who walks away from them. But I think he was trying to nip it in the bud, to prevent the lady from endangering other lives, since it was apparent that she has a screw loose.

To the persons inside the vehicle being chased, well, those same gunshots will be interpreted as execution attempts by the KC (Killer Cops). So I can understand their problems with wanting to pull over, after that. We have seen these executions repeatedly, which ruins it, for everyone else.

I think you need to give this another viewing. It ain't very entertaining, but it might keep you occupied, and away from the political and religious genocide forums.

The cop gives her a huge break. Then, she won't shut the eff up. Who wants to sit around listening to that woman's claptrap all afternoon?
I felt as though I'd stepped into a loud factory, at break, where the only sounds were the jackal sounds of Jerry Springer, reverberating off matter at ear splitting levels, but that I could not stop watching, simply because I wanted to see whether she lived through it…

# 287
edit on 30-9-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Oh, thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join