It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Need To See This!! Routine Traffic Stop Escalates Beyond Belief!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Driving on an expired lisence is a fix it ticket, since you did not have your privilege taken away from you like a suspended one.
You can speculate all you want if she was high or not but she was not charged with it so the police don't think the same way you do.
She was 100% in the wrong I agree but just think you need to cool it with the stoned ass hat stuff.
She made a mistake, a rather large one.
Cause not every one can be as perfect as you

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I got caught on a suspended licence. I was taken in, held until my information was verified and had to have someone drive my car home. Fined and made to prove to the precinct that the officers worked for that I fixed it before a certain date or just go to court to have my privilege revoked. Depends on the state.

The cops were incredibly cool because I wasnt a jerk. Oh, I ran a stop sign and sped which caused me to get pulled over. None of that was mentioned on anything official or damning. They let me go, left my car where it was since I didnt have someone to call, it was 3 AM and they would have had to have it towed to impound. I drove my car home from they left it parked. AND They "over looked" what I had in my ashtray too...This was a little ways back too.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ya I had a very similar scenario, pulled over about 2 miles from my house and the cop just had my buddy come drive it home for me.
That is cutting a break, not writing a ticket is not really that big of a deal especially when it is a simple fix it ticket that cost a small fee and you mail in proof it has been taken care of.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't know what i'm more sickened by, the complete lack of understanding by some people on here of what really happened, or the fact that this woman is going around saying she's a victim...

He tried to arrest her, he had a dashcam, there was no anything that suggested he was doing anything other than arresting her.. then it has since come out that she had pot pipes in the car, which is probably WHY she went off the deep end, but her children had no right to assault the officer at all....

IN this case she caused the escalation, not the officer, and the one who shot, while exhibiting some poor judgement was most likely thinking of taking the tire out so that she couldn't go 100 miles an hour, like she ended up doing..

Sad but this time, the woman was wrong..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow what a bunch of @$holes on all sides, luckily no one was killed. The lady should not have acted the way she did and the officer obviously reached his limitl. Then you get Deputy d1p$hit just start shooting at the car.

Two things we need to do in this country IMO, reform lobbying and our police procedures.

We also obviously need to educate the public on how to act around cops and cops how to handle confrontation better in non hostile situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well damn!! Obviously I hit a nerve!! In no way am I perfect but the woman acted as if she was high as a kite!! That is only my opinion and why do I need to cool it with "the stoned stuff" Why so emotional about that...If i said impaired i guess that would be more PC for you! Honestly, i don't care what you do in your own life , Get as high as you want but don't go acting like a lunatic behind the wheel with your 5 kids in the back!!

Nice attempt at derailment

Pax

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

I absolutely 100% agree with you!! The cop did an excellent job at controlling himself! Certainly maintained more patience than i would have!! Nice Post!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I am saying it cause you have zero proof she was high, if she was so high and impaired, why did the cops not charge her with a crime?

She was in the wrong, no need to pile on the character assassination.

And you didn't hit any specific nerve other then I don't like to see people trash talk other people with no proof.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I am saying it cause you have zero proof she was high, if she was so high and impaired, why did the cops not charge her with a crime?

And you didn't hit any specific nerve other then I don't like to see people trash talk other people with no proof.

As one who has been high before, based on my experience it is my opinion that is exactly what she acted like! this would explain the repeating her self and unable to follow simple commands and the paranoia!! I have a right to my opinion just as you do! It is just that my opinion....if you disagree okay fine but you cannot silence one's opinion because you do not like it!! it called freedom of speech!!

pax
edit on 10/1/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am not trying you silence you, just saying that there is a difference between speculation, what you are doing, and facts of the case.
If she was as high as you keep speculating, I don't see how the cops would not charge her with it.
Once they found the pipes, I can almost guarantee they ran either field test or blood if not both.

It wasn't that she couldn't follow the simple command, she didn't agree with the idea of here being forced to make a decision on the action she would take on the ticket which I agree with.
After that I disagree with everything she did.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

originally posted by: Sremmos80

As one who has been high before, based on my experience it is my opinion that is exactly what she acted like! this would explain the repeating her self and unable to follow simple commands and the paranoia!! I have a right to my opinion just as you do! It is just that my opinion....if you disagree okay fine but you cannot silence one's opinion because you do not like it!! it called freedom of speech!!

pax

I honestly do not think she was high at the time of the incident, she seemed a little too jittery and tense to be as mellow as she would have been if she had just toked up. I could be wrong, but, my guess is she knew that if she was searched they would find the pipes, with kids in the car, bang goes from misdemeanor to felony immediately.. she definitely looked nervous and scared and I can guarantee it wasn't because she thought the cop was going to have his way with her..the kid's reaction as well (the teenage boy) a lot of people have said that it was just a boy protecting his mother, but he charged a police officer, an armed police officer, and didn't even blink an eye, if anyone was high, I would have guessed it was him (although we will never know as it seems he was released)..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wow,
That cop deserves a raise.
Good thing the woman wasnt pulled over in ferguson. they would have ended the confrontation quite differently
edit on 1-10-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
...Oh boy! You want a parade? ...

Oh...no - please don't. It was really nothing.
But - thanks for the offer.

...Great, you found something explaining the citation process. Something that was very critical of the process, by the way. My quotes were from your link. The desire for PDs to find a "bullet proof" citation process was discussed in YOUR link. ...

I don't know... ... ...you asked the same question at least 9 times (being in virtually every comment you offered) prior to my parade-worthy endeavors...
For your convenience, here they are, should you have forgotten...

Most people would assume that 'the answer' was important to you.

And, by the way, I did not argue for or against the process...
In fact, I took no position on the right-or-wrong-fulness of 'the process'.
I did, however, reference experiences of my own in other states, where the same 'citation process' is/was employed.

Regards.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Well, now...that went smoothly.
If a cop was carrying something like a short piece of angle iron with teeth on it he could set it in front of a tire and make escape impossible.

That is actually a great idea! It seems like they would have introduced something like that by now. One for the front of the tire and one for the back of the tire, so they can't back up, either.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
Guess we'll disagree on these points.
If, though, you watch the video again, you'll see that the only "child" outside the vehicle in a time-frame that would have allowed the approaching 'back-up cars' any visual...was the son that had just attempted to accost the arresting officer.
The "young" child had been thrown/slung inside the van, by the mother long before, and the elder daughter had fled into the vehicle, as well.
We (those watching the video) can see what happened.
The best information the backup officers probably had, was the vehicle & driver description/s, and knowledge that the driver had refused to cooperate, by fleeing the scene (the first traffic stop).
Officer Rambo may have had terrorists on his mind - or drug smugglers - or any number of other scenarios that might normally explain someone acting as irrationally as the van's driver was acting... May have played out the scenario in his mind thousands of times - - - "What would I do?" - - -
Could be a real good guy most of the time...but, a real good guy that shouldn't be authorized to carry a firearm, and think he has the right to use it under any kind of circumstance that the rest of us are prohibited from.
Then again...who knows?

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Look, I don't get thanked for contributing to a conversation in a thread very often, nor do I expect it, nor do I complain when I don't get thanked. And, I didn't feel as though I was lashing out at or trashing anyone.

I don't believe that it's acceptable to require a citizen to surrender their right to due process, to NOT self incriminate themselves or forfeit the equal protection provided by the 14th Amendment because some PoDunk town needs to pay for Barney Fife's bullets with speed trap money.

People's personal opinions of how stupid the woman was, and how they, in hindsight would have handled it, has nothing to do with fact that she was being denied her constitutional rights which she was requesting. It's illegal to coerce or threaten a citizen into a plea, which is exactly what was happening.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Fortunately, you and I are allowed to hold our opinions.
Be Well.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Makes me absolutely sick to see how some people will try and defend pieces of ***t like this and make excuses for them.
In fact, the vast majority of these 'Cops gone bad' type videos seem to revolve around pieces of filth creating a bad situation for themselves and then some cop(s) who are in difficult situations every day (and still human!) suddenly getting the blame shoved onto them.
No wonder some of them end up so twisted they just lose it one day and shoot wildly like the psycho cop in the seatbelt pullover video! And that's sadly when an actual innocent person gets hurt.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

PUBLISHED: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Oriana Farrell, who is under a court order to stay in New Mexico pending the resolution of charges she faces related to an incident in which a State Police officer fired at her van, now faces an arrest warrant from Tennessee.

Authorities in Bartlett, Tenn., issued the warrant on Monday with a $500 bond for failure to appear to answer a speeding ticket issued there on Sept. 5, according to officials at the Bartlett City Court.

www.abqjournal.com...

Oh.... That was a bit of a pickle wasn't it..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This cop was very polite and tried to help this uncivilized idiot. I think the cop should've tased her the second time he pulled her over and she refused to get out. I was wondering what the boy got out for and made his way to the cop the first time, then, it became obvious when the boy attacked the officer the second time. At that point, the officer had every right to kill him. I would've. These are idiots who think that they'll do as they please and that laws do not apply to them. Now, they'll be in prison where they belong. The cops were right in this case and far more lenient than I would've been if I were a cop.

The cop was even willing not to charge her with driving on expired and she still acted like that. Some nerve. This was a family of psychos. This cop should be given a medal for his patience.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join