It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Need To See This!! Routine Traffic Stop Escalates Beyond Belief!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just found this clip but it was dated December 19, 2013.. Ya'll have got to see this! In this situation, what would you do? This woman and her entire family are truly out of their mind!! What do ya think ATS??

Thanks for your time!
Pax

edit on 9/30/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Honestly the first officer seemed like he was being alright...cut them a break for expired license and wrote em a ticket for something else...the problem was the dip# cop or cops who started shooting...there was no reason to fire on that vehicle from behind...none whatsoever...to fire through the back of a dirty window and why even fire in the first place? With all that the driver was an idiot as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah cops shooting at kids is completely normal for meraca!!!!

Idiots

This was massively covered on ATS

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This was posted and discussed at length on ATS here nearly a year ago ... a simple search of the words "woman" "van" "cop" would have brought that post up.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I completely agree with your synopsis! But what in the hell was this woman thinking?? and then the kid to get out of the car and attack the officer?? They should never have fired on the van with 5 kids inside! Was he trying to shoot the tires out? I still do NOT understand this women's thinking....As if she had a mental condition!!

Pax

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Sorry missed it!! But thanks for the heads up!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

So sue me!! I missed it!! No big deal!

Pax

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This has actually been in the news just recently as well...

See links below:

Appeals court judge suggests dismissing charges against Oriana Farrell
www.taosnews.com...

Oriana Ferrell, Mom Whose Van Full Of Kids Was Shot By Police, Breaks Silence
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Judge Paternoster, Oriana Farrell, a Smoking Gun? and a Gap in the Tape
www.taosfriction.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thank you for this additional information I will check it out!

pax

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Honestly, the only thing about this video that is beyond belief is that a minivan was going 100mph.

She should've just signed the damn ticket

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

That is what I mean!!! The woman brought every bit of this on herself including endangering her own children! Personally the cop demonstrated more patience than I would have!

pax

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

yes sign the ticket

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
........and they all descend into lunacy over a $130.00 speeding ticket.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That whole family needs to be and probably will be incarcerated for a long time. She turned a 126 dollar ticket into what i count to be 7 felonies and countless misdemeanors and traffic violations. Felony evasion, reckless endangerment (multiple counts one for each child), assault on a police officer are the seven felonies i counted but i am sure there is more.

The road side is not the place to argue a ticket, thats why we have court rooms she had 2 choices sign the ticket or go see the judge immediately whats so hard about this. And this is even after the fact the cop cut her a break on the expired license, what a fool.

On a side not the African American cop who arrived on scene last was dead wrong in shooting his firearm. Deadly force is only allowable to save someone from deadly force being used against them or to protect themselves. This woman running with a van full of children does not meet this criteria as far as i am concerned, she did pose a danger to the children however the cop posed more danger by unloading without a clear line of sight toward the suspect. Evading arrest is not enough threat to shoot someone.

On a side note the young cop did a great job at trying to diffuse the situation and biding his time before backup arrived before escalating the situation he knew was going to be ugly.

Edit
I viewed the links after posting and as it turns out the state agrees with me that the officer should have never fired and he was terminated.
edit on 9/30/2014 by Immune because: reviewed links posted as i typed

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, now...that went smoothly.
If a cop was carrying something like a short piece of angle iron with teeth on it he could set it in front of a tire and make escape impossible.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

....or something. In my state (or maybe city, not sure) we have "no chase" laws, when there are children involved.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Wow! I didn't see this before.

I've never heard of having to decide whether to fight the ticket the ticket or pay the fine, and sign to it, right then and there, in front of the cop, before. I've always just signed for the ticket and then either paid it and did traffic school or fought it.

The cop was threatening to arrest her and take her to a judge immediately if she didn't make a decision. The woman was clearly terrified of being arrested and abused in front of her children. From looking at the tape, it seems to me that she and her children were afraid the cop was going to rape her.

So, how did it turn out. Did the cop have the right to make her decide and commit and sign as to pay the fine or go to court, and was he right to say that if she didn't declare one way or the other, she'd be arrested?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

They put one of the cops relatives on the grand jury so it will be thrown out of court soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The follow up

www.ocalapost.com...
Oriana Farrell jailed – New Mexico State Police Officer fired for firing at a van full of kids

Officer Montoya was placed on administrative leave with pay earlier this week following an investigation into the shooting, which took place outside the northern New Mexico tourist town of Taos. However, Lieutenant Emmanuel Gutierrez, a State Police spokesman, said he confirmed with State Police Chief Pete Kassetas that Officer Elias Montoya is no longer employed by the department. Montoya’s termination was effective at 5 p.m. on December 6, 2013.

Montoya wrote in a police report, “I aimed at the left rear tire in an attempt to immobilize the vehicle.”

Oriana and her son were arrested in front of a hotel after the chase came to an end. She faces charges of Child Abuse, Fleeing and Eluding, Resisting Arrest, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia for a pair of marijuana pipes that authorities say were in the van.

I can't find anything newer on this story, but I didn't really try too hard.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
nice to see a thread with officers actually doing their job, to serve ad protect.

the initial officer did everything he could to minimalize the situation, EVEN after she pulled away and tok off from the initial pullover.... should be commended.

what happened after that? well... anyone in that minivan should feel lucky to be alive.

how the hoeel are police to know the intentions of these type idiots.

the guy gave her every. ABSOLUTELY EVERY available chance/option to avoid going downtoiwn.

what's she do.... close the doors/windows and take off...

even then he merely wanted to get her out of the vehicle and take into custody, as per the law, she attempted evading. simple, but.... no.... couldn't have that. gotta get the kids/whole family involved.

the only thing i saw, throughout, was leo's doing things as they should.

attempting to minimize until they no longer had a choice.

i know that's not a 'popular' mindset here on the boards, but it is what it is.

Jon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join