It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: drwill

And she is the primary caregiver to the kids during this quarantine.

The CDC's malfeasance or ineptitude has jeopardized these kids.

But then, she doesn't win any awards in my book either, sadly. She supposedly is a health care provider and was at work when her daughter took Duncan to the hospital the second time.

I hope her patients are under observation too...

Exactly!

Shouldn't this lady know better? Shouldn't she know that it's not a good idea to sleep on the same sheets as a man infected with a deadly and contagious disease? To know better than to expose her children?

To know better than to go to go to work and care for patients in the hospital after tending to her infected partner?

What am I missing here? Nothing seems to make sense? None of it does.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Dear gawd-- Ebola-nado.

On a serious note, I have never been a huge proponent of government driven conspiracy theories, because organizationally, they are large very dumb beasts. In theory, this conclusion can be proven if there is any truth to the lack of attention to detail being paid in this current situation 1> the gf living in a contaminated apartment with no assistance from the CDC.... 2> the power washing matter 3> what amounts to self imposed quarenteen for the next tier of possible infectees. All, some, one or neither things might turn out to be true. Sadly, we'll have no idea what is true until a few months from now when we see the final second level infection numbers(if any)-- and on the 3> point, the subsequent third level of infection that occurs in this outbreak.

Outbreaks are like a slow moving car crash whose truths do not reveal themselves until the dust settles a bit. We're about 15 days from that point

link   
I do not know how Dr. Friedan of the CDC can get on TV and say as many as 100 may have been exposed - and the President hasn't made any comments.
At some point the CDC is going to run out of people to band aid all of the potential vector points unless they get this crap on lock down.

I wish Dr. Fauci of NIH was in charge.

And General Honore of Katrina fame. LOL!

link   

I think I am a bit slow at getting some facts, here, the women works in the health field?, she could not tell that her man coming from an infected area could be sick? then she should had demanded that the hospital admit him, second she should have refuse going back the apartment and she should have gotten anybody in the apartment out, is soo much she could have done knowing the danger she was in, the children and other family members.

It makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is going from bad to worse.

Echoes of Katrina.

"We're from the Government and we're here to help!!"

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is a link for DFW weather updates.

www.wfaa.com... d&utm_medium=twitter
edit on 2-10-2014 by Justaposter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Something. Isn't. Adding. Up.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Only one work for that stupidly sloppy and nothing but incompetent officials

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Unfortunately I understood all too well. It just boggles my mind. I've been following ebola outbreaks since I read The Hotzone 20 years ago as a kid. Fast forward to the present, and it's hard to believe how fast the ball was dropped on such an historic first case for the USA.
edit on pm022014102014Thursday by adomol because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: k3d59

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
The CDC and this Administration have handled this so pathetically, one would think the ineptitude is by design.

???????

sorry if someone else has this, but I'm trying to watch the board and do several other things.
Someone else has questions apparently.
The Hill: Health Officials Clam Up

I watched the video at this link and for those of you who can't watch - the guy straight out says plain as can be that Health Officials are REFUSING TO SAY what is being done to prevent an outbreak.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I think I am a bit slow at getting some facts, here, the women works in the health field?, she could not tell that her man coming from an infected area could be sick? then she should had demanded that the hospital admit him, second she should have refuse going back the apartment and she should have gotten anybody in the apartment out, is soo much she could have done knowing the danger she was in, the children and other family members.

It makes no sense.

My sentiments exactly!

Something just isn't right with any of this story. I'm not delving into full blown conspiracy or anything (yet) but, none of this story makes sense!

Too many errors and mistakes on so many levels. Where is the common sense in any of the decisions made thus far?

Basic common sense!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
too bad these guys are not on the case.....

pretty soon donald sutherland is going to want to fire bomb dallas

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: adomol

So this is where Mr. Duncan lived in Liberia? Looks so dismal. No wonder ebola is out of control over there, the cleanup crew handling the decontamination looks dangerously unprofessional. Seems that they have not even the most basic guidelines for handling such a situation.

Makes me so much more no comfortable knowing that I live in the good old U.S. of A., with our advanced practices and CDC and NIH and who can forget our medical men and women in uniform of the USPHSCC.

No way something like this would go down in Dallas... right?

They are better equipt in Liberia!!!!!

OMG

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ATTENTION ANY MEDIA, GOVERNMENT AGENT, OR THINK TANK ANALYST MONITORING THIS THREAD

We all know you're here reading, there were several verifications of it throughout the Fukushima Monster thread we have seen possibly already with this thread.

Please remind the CDC of the following:

If the patient with illness compatible to EVD develops symptoms while on an aircraft, contact tracing must be made according to the Risk assessment guidelines for diseases transmitted on aircraft (RAGIDA) protocol1, which indicates contact tracing of all those passengers seated within 4 rows ahead and 4 rows behind, as well as the crew on board. If the cleaning of the aircraft is performed by unprotected personnel, they should be considered as contacts. Contacts should be assessed in a designated area within the airport according to the airport contingency plan.

Whether you're cleaning the inside of a plane that has transported a symptomatic Ebola victim, or a sidewalk that has had vomit spewed all over it, the same conditions obtain:

BSL-4 precautions are necessary to ensure the least likelihood of indirect contact transmission.

Ebola virus disease (EVD), implications of introduction in the Americas

The link keeps changing, but if you google the title of the link you can download the original for yourself.

Apologies to the members and the mods but this is an extremely important topic and I felt that the Caps were necessary to capture the proper attention.
edit on 2-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Media taking their talking points from ATS, very wise decision on their parts. It may in the end save them.

Very classy touch.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
too bad these guys are not on the case.....

pretty soon donald sutherland is going to want to fire bomb dallas

These guys are more likely to be the ones to show up:

link   
Just found this tidbit. It's in reference to the nephew who contacted the CDC and the TX Dept of Health to try to get his uncle, Thomas Eric Duncan, to a hospital for possible Ebola exposure (that we now know is a full blown case). I was under the impression that the nephew was in Texas... he was in Kannapolis, NC when he made his calls. Just posting this here on the off chance that it becomes important at a later time when we all have a little more time to digest all of this and start trying to piece together the puzzle, because like many others, there's something afoot here that I cannot put my finger on just yet.

But Kannapolis resident Josephus Weeks, Duncan's newphew, said doctors still weren't treating him like a potential Ebola patient.

That's when he made the call to the Centers for Disease Control to get help for his uncle more than a thousand miles away.

NBC Charlotte Link
edit on 2-10-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
ATTENTION ANY MEDIA, GOVERNMENT AGENT, OR THINK TANK ANALYST MONITORING THIS THREAD

We all know you're here reading, there were several verifications of it throughout the Fukushima Monster thread we have seen possibly already with this thread.

Please remind the CDC of the following:

If the patient with illness compatible to EVD develops symptoms while on an aircraft, contact tracing must be made according to the Risk assessment guidelines for diseases transmitted on aircraft (RAGIDA) protocol1, which indicates contact tracing of all those passengers seated within 4 rows ahead and 4 rows behind, as well as the crew on board. If the cleaning of the aircraft is performed by unprotected personnel, they should be considered as contacts. Contacts should be assessed in a designated area within the airport according to the airport contingency plan.

Whether you're cleaning the inside of a plane that has transported a symptomatic Ebola victim, or a sidewalk that has had vomit spewed all over it, the same conditions obtain:

BSL-4 precautions are necessary to ensure the least likelihood of indirect contact transmission.

Ebola virus disease (EVD), implications of introduction in the Americas

The link keeps changing, but if you google the title of the link you can download the original for yourself.

Apologies to the members and the mods but this is an extremely important topic and I felt that the Caps were necessary to capture the proper attention.

Edited to Add: Should this be a thread? Just sayin'.
edit on 2-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

link   

You forgot to tell them that they need to get their heads out of the corporate arses and start thinking for themselves, their families, children and the rest of us regular common tax payers and do what is the right thing.

We need whistle blowers to come out and tell the truth.

link   

you are awesome, thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join