It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

That is more prof that the Liberian man knew he was sick and so his entire family here in the US.

edit on 2-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn
Just found this tidbit. It's in reference to the nephew who contacted the CDC and the TX Dept of Health to try to get his uncle, Thomas Eric Duncan. I was under the impression that the nephew was in Texas... he was in Kannapolis, NC when he made his calls. Just posting this here on the off chance that it becomes important at a later time when we all have a little more time to digest all of this and start trying to piece together the puzzle, because like many others, there's something afoot here that I cannot put my finger on just yet.

But Kannapolis resident Josephus Weeks, Duncan's newphew, said doctors still weren't treating him like a potential Ebola patient.

That's when he made the call to the Centers for Disease Control to get help for his uncle more than a thousand miles away.

NBC Charlotte Link

wait what?!

I swear this story gets more and more strange with each passing moment.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

I also thought he was in TX! Wow, he was one concerned nephew. And, he knew his Unc had Ebola from the other side of the states!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
If the family attempts to leave, they too, should be treated like criminals.

People say stuff that they don't know what the ramifications are. Just think of how 'being treated like a criminal' should go. Would they be:
-cuffed by the police?
-thrown into a squad car?
-have fingerprints taken?
-get a mug shot?
-be in a lineup with other suspects?
-thrown into jail with other arrested people?

It helps to think things out before you speak. Sometimes that's hard, but putting the effort in beforehand is usually worth it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

I agree, they should be treated like if they were carrying a possible biological weapon that can kill many people, so they should be in isolation until cleared.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: texasgirl

To back more what I said, in the day that the case in Texas was announced the stock market on the companies behind the vaccine we up and yesterday the news announced that big pharma was hurrying up the vaccine trials in Africa while already one of the vaccine is been tested in Bethesda.

I am sure that as more people get sick they will be begging for a vaccine regardless of testing or no

I'd volunteer. So what?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I am pretty sure you will not be the only one to volunteer.

Even I will no be thinking twice if people starts to get sick in my neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mishandling of U.S. Ebola patient prompts CDC alert to hospitals
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Just found this tidbit. It's in reference to the nephew who contacted the CDC and the TX Dept of Health to try to get his uncle, Thomas Eric Duncan, to a hospital for possible Ebola exposure (that we now know is a full blown case). I was under the impression that the nephew was in Texas... he was in Kannapolis, NC when he made his calls. Just posting this here on the off chance that it becomes important at a later time when we all have a little more time to digest all of this and start trying to piece together the puzzle, because like many others, there's something afoot here that I cannot put my finger on just yet.

But Kannapolis resident Josephus Weeks, Duncan's newphew, said doctors still weren't treating him like a potential Ebola patient.

That's when he made the call to the Centers for Disease Control to get help for his uncle more than a thousand miles away.

NBC Charlotte Link

What?!?!? In this interview ( link ) with Duncans half brother Wolf asks the half brother if he is worried about his son (who would be Duncans nephew) since he's "quarantined inside that apartment which really hasn't been cleaned up since your half-brother was spending the nights there sweating and potentially leaving some very contagious material in that apartment?" So what give are there 2 nephews???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: adomol
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Unfortunately I understood all too well. It just boggles my mind. I've been following ebola outbreaks since I read The Hotzone 20 years ago as a kid. Fast forward to the present, and it's hard to believe how fast the ball was dropped on such an historic first case for the USA.

No kidding the ball was dropped.

My mind has been boggled since I first read that they sent the guy home after his first visit to the hospital. It's been downhill ever since.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

As usual, somebody have to be the fall guy and the government is not taking the blame, specially when they still are allowing travel of people from infested countries into the US.

Despicable.

link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

If the family attempts to leave, they too, should be treated like criminals.

People say stuff that they don't know what the ramifications are. Just think of how 'being treated like a criminal' should go. Would they be:
-cuffed by the police?
-thrown into a squad car?
-have fingerprints taken?
-get a mug shot?
-be in a lineup with other suspects?
-thrown into jail with other arrested people?

It helps to think things out before you speak. Sometimes that's hard, but putting the effort in beforehand is usually worth it.

Some do, but most people, even the 'enlightened ones' in ATS here - even in this thread- don't really see the scope of what's happening here. They think that they do, but they don't really see the big picture. Trust me, this is huge.

I posted the below back a few pages... Many read it and probably just thought- "that Christian is just rambling again"... The post got 0 stars, a sign to me. No my friends, it was not a ramble. Reposted below for your convenience:

originally posted by: MarkJS

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: ikonoklast

I have been following your chart page. Excellent work.

The next couple of months will be interesting.

Do you remember where you were when 9-11 happened? Same thing with Ebola in the US. Except that Ebola in the US comes in waves - wave after traumatic, destructive wave. Unfortunately, this is probably just the beginning.

Click on the links in my sig. They are there for just this purpose- to give you peace in times of trouble.

People need Jesus more than they know. We have Ebola, Entrovirus 68 in the country. God Forbid if that Venezuelan whatever virus pops up here as well. I want to say this in the nicest but also in the most direct possible way: Wake up!

edit on 2/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: k3d59

The CDC and this Administration have handled this so pathetically, one would think the ineptitude is by design.

???????

sorry if someone else has this, but I'm trying to watch the board and do several other things.
Someone else has questions apparently.
The Hill: Health Officials Clam Up

I watched the video at this link and for those of you who can't watch - the guy straight out says plain as can be that Health Officials are REFUSING TO SAY what is being done to prevent an outbreak.

Silence translates into: "Nothing".

edit on 10/2/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: drwill

Side note, does everyone in Dallas have their heads up their rear ends? Do they watch the news - at all!?

It's football season here. People don't get excited about anything unless it's football (or other sports) related.

People will start noticing when they announce, "someone on the 'Local Team' has been in contact with the Ebola patient."

Until then, not so much.

edit on 10/2/14 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Just found this tidbit. It's in reference to the nephew who contacted the CDC and the TX Dept of Health to try to get his uncle, Thomas Eric Duncan, to a hospital for possible Ebola exposure (that we now know is a full blown case). I was under the impression that the nephew was in Texas... he was in Kannapolis, NC when he made his calls. Just posting this here on the off chance that it becomes important at a later time when we all have a little more time to digest all of this and start trying to piece together the puzzle, because like many others, there's something afoot here that I cannot put my finger on just yet.

NBC Charlotte Link

Something is definitely rotten in Dallas folks.

This story is getting beyond ridiculous.

Somebody in that family, if not all, knew that this man was infected.

I'm starting to get very angry.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad
Here is a twitter link to a news station in the Dallas area, showing what their chopper caught of people cleaning outside the Ivy apartments - notice no protective gear. What were they cleaning? Who knows. If it was the vomit, we are #ed.

twitter.com...

I also screenshotted it here, in case they are forced to take the picture down:

oi58.tinypic.com...

I've already alerted the media. I doubt they'll say anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I have been angry since the news broke out that travelling from oversea infected areas to the US are still on going.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

You are being way off topic with that mumbo jumbo in this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

You got me, I have no idea either! Like I said, this may (or may not) become another piece in this crazy mixed up puzzle of total incompetence we have on display before us.

Like I said (and Doodle also), I was under the impression the nephew that called this in was in TX. If Brian Williams on the evening news had not made a passing comment about it, I would not have gone in search of more info on it.

Thanks for your CNN link... so there we have something else to track down possibly.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
He could be a Political Actor.

His face in the pictures we have seen of him seem intense and deeply reflective of sadness and despair.

The place that they take his family to is also concerning as I doubt it will be a hospital. Is this when the FEMA camps open for business?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join