It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
why?

Everything he does?

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations
Posted 4/1/2010 8:53 PM

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

The Obama administration has quietly scrapped plans to enact sweeping new federal quarantine regulations that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention touted four years ago as critical to protecting Americans from dangerous diseases spread by travelers. The regulations, proposed in 2005 during the Bush administration amid fears of avian flu, would have given the federal government additional powers to detain sick airline passengers and those exposed to certain diseases. They also would have expanded requirements for airlines to report ill passengers to the CDC and mandated that airlines collect and maintain contact information for fliers in case they later needed to be traced as part of an investigation into an outbreak. Airline and civil liberties groups, which had opposed the rules, praised their withdrawal.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Hearing Dr. Sanjay Gupta say all these 'miss-steps' are unacceptable is getting a little scary for us Dallas residents. Why are the officials here dropping the ball like this? It almost makes me think they planned it this way. I mean, are they really that inept at dealing with it? What happens when there's 3 more people who test positive for it? What then? More mistakes, more fumbles, more reassuring the public they have it all under control?

I do not think this was planned. I think what we are seeing are the first indications of stress fractures within a very dilapidated, albeit very well painted, society.

Society is like a gas cylinder, and the gasses within are like the natural entropic pressures that are always exerting themselves upon society, trying to collapse/burst it from within. The cylinder is designed to hold a certain pressure indefinitely; that is its function. Reinforcing that cylinder though, which while under pressure would be very difficult, time consuming, and expensive. It is much easier (reckless, and negligent) to simply allow the pressure to increase beyond the design capacity of the cylinder, and hope for the best.

After all, if a design pressure is 1000 psi, going to 1001 psi isnt likely to cause problems, right? Well then surely once we get comfortable at 1001, 1002 isnt much of a jump, and 1001 worked out OK... right? Nice... Onto 1003!

You see the progression, surely, and how a false sense of safety can be established in a dangerous and potentially deadly situation.

That is what we are noticing here: society is not designed to handle these kinds of internal pressures, and stress points are becoming visible within our cylinder where the pressure is pushing too hard, as more and more pressure is constantly being added non-stop.

Soon those stress points are going to become stress fractures, and I dont know if anyone has seen videos of gas cylinders exploding, but its effectively instantaneous. Once a fracture occurs in the wall of the over-pressurized vessel at the weakest point (which is essentially impossible to determine until after the fact), no matter how tiny, the entire cylinder is obliterated. Though fragments will remain, what was the cylinder in its totality is utterly destroyed.

Ebola is simply more gas forced into our cylinder we call society, which is already far beyond its design pressure. If Ebola gets out of control, which is easily possible, and perhaps already a forgone conclusion given the stress society is already under (making it inherently incapable of handling even more), our societal cylinder could easily catastrophically depressurize itself.

So to answer the bolded question: Yes, these people really are that inept... however their ineptitude is not a function of an individual, or a group, or even a whole institution; it is the function of both a society that itself is on the verge of collapse, and a society which is not willing to acknowledge that pernicious predicament its gotten itself into.

Ebola may prove to be the proverbial straw that broke this camels back.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
If the family attempts to leave, they too, should be treated like criminals.

People say stuff that they don't know what the ramifications are. Just think of how 'being treated like a criminal' should go. Would they be:
-cuffed by the police?
-thrown into a squad car?
-have fingerprints taken?
-get a mug shot?
-be in a lineup with other suspects?
-thrown into jail with other arrested people?

It helps to think things out before you speak. Sometimes that's hard, but putting the effort in beforehand is usually worth it.

Some do, but most people, even the 'enlightened ones' in ATS here - even in this thread- don't really see the scope of what's happening here. They think that they do, but they don't really see the big picture. Trust me, this is huge.

I posted the below back a few pages... Many read it and probably just thought- "that Christian is just rambling again"... The post got 0 stars, a sign to me. No my friends, it was not a ramble. Reposted below for your convenience:

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: ikonoklast

I have been following your chart page. Excellent work.

The next couple of months will be interesting.

Do you remember where you were when 9-11 happened? Same thing with Ebola in the US. Except that Ebola in the US comes in waves - wave after traumatic, destructive wave. Unfortunately, this is probably just the beginning.

Click on the links in my sig. They are there for just this purpose- to give you peace in times of trouble.

People need Jesus more than they know. We have Ebola, Entrovirus 68 in the country. God Forbid if that Venezuelan whatever virus pops up here as well. I want to say this in the nicest possible way: Wake up!

I can appreciate what you are trying to convey to this forum. I honestly do.

This is the most "awake" forum you could ever post in. We all "get it".

Some just don't subscribe to what you are trying to spread as gospel. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer or anything I'm just being honest.

I respect your messages in your signature....Even if I don't agree. No fault can ever be found in someone trying to spread their own message unless they are trying to shove it down ones throat.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

More signs of what we have know for quite a while, we have the most inept and incompetent government ever, that worries more about how much money they could pocket from the special interest during their terms than what they can accomplish to help the people as a legacy.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Not so sure it is ineptitude

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Your post while long is very deep, I agree, now I wonder about what has truly been the role of our government many enacted agencies to care for our "national security" is seems that the nation of greatness is the nation of incompetence.

An ebola pandemic will means anarchy, despotism and with a nation that have more guns than any other nation per capital, the government no matter how much they will try, it will lose control when it comes to the population that already are fed up with what has been going on for so long.

I have to agree, we live in an illusion of safety that now we now it really doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I have been angry since the news broke out that travelling from oversea infected areas to the US are still on going.

Very understandable. It just doesn't make sense does it?

Although, in one sense it does. A handful of people are likely to get rich, a larger boatload are likely to die.

It's a win/win for a small group of people.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It isn't that the way it always has been, for the greatest good of the few, while the masses die as the consequence, I think I am starting to get too deep on all this ebola, I apologize for the rambling.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Okay, I've been reading about this for hours now.

They say he may have had contact with 80 to 100 people? I'd say it is more like hundreds or thousands that have been exposed, possibly.

His family. Every person in his apartment building. Every person his family came in contact with, including patients of the girlfriend. Patients families. Other nurses and doctors and THEIR patients.

The vomit apparently has been on the sidewalk since Sunday? Add Anyone who accidentally walked in it. People who cleaned it up. Animals and birds that ate it or walked in it and the people they came in contact with. Apparently dogs can carry the virus but not show symptoms.

Seriously, I'm sure I'm going overboard, but only 100? Really??

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
why?

Everything he does?

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations
Posted 4/1/2010 8:53 PM

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

The Obama administration has quietly scrapped plans to enact sweeping new federal quarantine regulations that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention touted four years ago as critical to protecting Americans from dangerous diseases spread by travelers. The regulations, proposed in 2005 during the Bush administration amid fears of avian flu, would have given the federal government additional powers to detain sick airline passengers and those exposed to certain diseases. They also would have expanded requirements for airlines to report ill passengers to the CDC and mandated that airlines collect and maintain contact information for fliers in case they later needed to be traced as part of an investigation into an outbreak. Airline and civil liberties groups, which had opposed the rules, praised their withdrawal.

The dots continue to connect.

This situation causes me fear....for my family...my children and loved ones. Above the fear though is pure and utter

ANGER!!!

I'm no longer afraid as much as I am PISSED OFF!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Did you or anyone here really have any reason to believe that our government would perform well in an actual domestic crisis?

Seriously people, they delegate everything, hope that people do what needs to be done, then sit back and wait to see what happens. If it all goes badly, those at the top will find people to blame, demand their resignations, or fire them, while assuring the people that they have taken measures to put new people in place who can fix the problem.

They don't care about anyone, except themselves, and their agendas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The ONLY saving grace about the sidewalk is, it cooked in the TX sun. Ebola apparently doesn't do so well in heat. But, could someone really not throw a gallon of bleach on that mess. That picture of the pressure washers just gives me chills, and not in a good way.

a reply to: tport17

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It isn't that the way it always has been, for the greatest good of the few, while the masses die as the consequence, I think I am starting to get too deep on all this ebola, I apologize for the rambling.

I think I'm right there with you. No apologies necessary at all.

You're absolutely right...the status quo is getting too old for the common folk to deal with and accept as the norm much longer.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey everyone, just a heads up, there's a Blog Talk Radio show that you might want to listen in or call in to. I'm in no way affiliated with any of it, just thought I'd post here for your information.

Together, we'll cover all sides of the issues with reason and facts so our listeners can make the best decision for themselves, and we'll even delve into some of the stranger ideas. Conspiracy theories are often interesting and even enticing because they carry elements of facts that are reassembled for sensationalism. CS21 goal is to identify the facts and separate the truth from the outright lies.

Common Sense for the 21st century

Topic: Ebola: Decontaminating Yourself from the Scare Tactics

7 p.m. central

www.blogtalkradio.com...
edit on PM103120141001pm2531pm by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Did you or anyone here really have any reason to believe that our government would perform well in an actual domestic crisis?

Seriously people, they delegate everything, hope that people do what needs to be done, then sit back and wait to see what happens. If it all goes badly, those at the top will find people to blame, demand their resignations, or fire them, while assuring the people that they have taken measures to put new people in place who can fix the problem.

They don't care about anyone, except themselves, and their agendas.

Then it becomes: Rinse and Repeat.

Over and over again.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815
I hope this is just my imagination going wild...but I can't help but wonder who--and what--walked through that biohazard before the sun came out.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I hear ya!

A good thread on the clean up crew - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815
Thanks for the head's up. I hope the OP Tweets about this to Media bigmouths!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Actually with all the tax dollars that goes into our national security and defense, I would not expect less.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper CNN, just did a phone interview with Duncan's girlfriend.

He was sick since Tuesday. That is 6 days he was contagious.

It sounds like the 8 school children they are monitoring "might" not be hers. Her children are older. She has a son in his 20s who lives with her, and a daughter who does not. The daughter is the one who called for an ambulance. She came to give him tea while mom was at work and found him shaking and very ill.

Some of the younger children might be grandchildren - children of the daughter.
edit on 10/2/14 by BlueAjah because: added last sentence

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join