It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
I just heard Anderson on the phone with the girlfriend,too. I was completely gobsmacked when she said the towels are in the plastic bag, but the soiled sheets are still on the bed!
How on earth did the local health official not help this woman and her family properly dispose of this material and disinfect her apartment.
Utterly negligent.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Humm, this doesn't sound right, it is known that many of these men that comes from Africa countries tent to have more than one women or "wife" I wonder, but occurs is just speculations, it could be that the "daughter" may have a large family.

I hope not, but so many children in the house, makes non sense.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
NBC Cameraman working in Ebola zone in Africa diagnosed with Ebola...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Not good.

here's a Link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Goody!!!!!! somebody that should have been in the hot, zone, that is ok he is gona get home and get fixxx.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Diagnosed in Africa, or the states?

ETA - thanks Gully for the link

edit on 2-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Interesting, if he is important to the network, maybe they will use their pull with the administration to get him flown to Atlanta to be cured... If not, he's f'd.

Keep an eye on that one.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

I posted in another thread - being flown back to states.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Not good.

here's a Link

Putting themselves in quarantine voluntarily just to be safe. THAT is the appropriate thing to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Looking back, did they ever actually say that the schoolchildren lived with in the apartment, or just that they were exposed?
It seems they have extended family in the area. There were 8 people living in the apartment. Duncan, his girlfriend, the son in his 20's, and a nephew (could be older too). It was not clear who else lives there.

The older daughter does not live in the apartment, and I think I caught in the interview that the daughter's children were being monitored.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That seems like the perfect thing to do. Fly another ebola patient back to the United States.

If i was in this position I would tell them to quarantine me there, and keep me away from US airports... Just saying. It seems like the opposite of what they should be doing.

Appreciate all the updates to this thread guys. Keep them coming! Lots of reasons to remain aware of the news pouring in about ebola. Not going full panic mode, but it is important to stay up to date.

I still can't understand why the US hasnt official halted travel to and from west/central Africa. That would eliminate further potential cases, imo. Just another head scratcher. Ebola rampant in certain parts of africa? Bam, stop the potential accidental spread from travelers right in its tracks. No more air travel there.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So based on the many contradicting stories and complete ineptitude regarding a highly publicized and deadly infectious disease which has been in the news for months now, I have a couple theories:

1.) This is a false flag event (I hope I'm allowed to say that) designed for nefarious reasons and scripted by writers who either didn't plan very well or are not in touch with society so currently they are attempting to keep the disintegrating story afloat.

2.) This is real and the preparedness drills didn't work. When given orders for workers to risk exposing themselves to a potential death sentence, those at the bottom of the chain of command simply walked off the job.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What I find interesting Is that is only bit and pieces when it comes to the other members of the family including the children, I mean how big is the apartment, that can house soo many people, including several adults and so many children.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have been reading this site for a few months now, I love it. Just joined because I have a question..

All I have heard repeatedly is that a person in not contagious until they have symptoms. I have looked for a more detailed explanation.Does that mean as soon as the fever starts? At a certain temperature?? What about when the headache begins?? Or are you contagious when the general body aches and tiredness begin? Nobody shows all symptoms at the same minute, right. Which ones are enough to make you contagious? How do they know being contagious doesn't begin the day before symptoms start?

At what point does someone like me, I live in Kentucky, I have 3 kids, ages 10, 7,and 4 start keeping kids home from school? When do I say we aren't leaving and no one is coming in? My husband is breadman for Sara-Lee. He is out and about in the stores in town all day. How would I protect my babies? Keep him separate from us?

I guess I'm wanting to be positive, but I want to know your opinions on how to keep us safe.
Thank you for your time,
Jillian

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

There is another interview on CNN now with the father of one of the children in quarantine in the apartment. The child is in middle school. The mother is Duncan's girlfriend, but the interviewee and the woman are no longer together.

The pieces are coming together. That accounts for one of the children living in the apartment.

The poor child must be terrified. His father seems justifiably scared.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well thanks for the information, I had no idea that is multiple families interconnected with the Liberian man and his GF, I can see now how the many contact with such an extended family could grow to 100 or more.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
I have been reading this site for a few months now, I love it. Just joined because I have a question..

All I have heard repeatedly is that a person in not contagious until they have symptoms. I have looked for a more detailed explanation.Does that mean as soon as the fever starts? At a certain temperature?? What about when the headache begins?? Or are you contagious when the general body aches and tiredness begin? Nobody shows all symptoms at the same minute, right. Which ones are enough to make you contagious? How do they know being contagious doesn't begin the day before symptoms start?

At what point does someone like me, I live in Kentucky, I have 3 kids, ages 10, 7,and 4 start keeping kids home from school? When do I say we aren't leaving and no one is coming in? My husband is breadman for Sara-Lee. He is out and about in the stores in town all day. How would I protect my babies? Keep him separate from us?

I guess I'm wanting to be positive, but I want to know your opinions on how to keep us safe.
Thank you for your time,
Jillian

It says here that it can be spread during he incubation period : Source

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The 100 would likely also include health care workers who had contact with him, ambulance drivers, friends, etc.
But as you said, with an extended family, and a close-knit Liberian community in the area, I am sure there were joyful reunions and get-togethers when he first arrived in the US.

The girlfriend said Tuesday he was just mildly sick with a headache and fever. So, he might have still be socializing.

Hopefully they did not miss anyone that should be monitored.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Scientist Working on Gov't Ebola Drug Joked About Culling Population with GMO Virus

www.youtube.com...

Debate Grows Over Use of Experimental, Untested Drugs

A debate is now growing over the use of experimental drugs to combat the Ebola outbreak. As noted by WebMD,19 an experimental treatment called ZMapp, formulated in January, is based on genetically engineered tobacco leaves. The drug is a joint venture between Mapp Biopharmaceutical and Kentucky Bioprocessing, and is being developed in collaboration with LeafBio of San Diego, Defyrus Inc. of Canada, the US government, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.20

The two American aid workers who contracted Ebola both received this drug, despite the fact that it's only been tested in monkeys. The scientists working on the drug haven't even published the initial findings of their research, and the drug has not gone through the FDA drug approval process yet.

"Making the serum is slow, in part, because the plants must be grown for several weeks before they are 'infected' with a type of protein. 'Basically the plants act like a photocopier of the proteins,' WebMD explains.21 Once they're infected... it takes a week for the plants to make enough of the protein to harvest and distill into a useable drug... [T]he compound... is a combination of three antibodies that are thought to help in two ways.

One of the antibodies alerts the immune system to infected cells so they can be destroyed... the other two antibodies probably prevent the virus from making more copies of itself. 'We're still trying to figure out exactly how it works,' [Erica Ollmann Saphire, Ph.D., professor of immunology at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA] says. 'But it seems to neutralize the virus.'"

Dr. Kent Brantly is said to have recovered after receiving the drug, Thomas Geisbert, MD, professor of infectious disease at The University of Texas Galveston Medical Branch, who has studied the Ebola virus for more than 25 years, urges everyone to be cautious about interpreting the effect of the drug. It may or may not have had anything to do with Brantly's recovery. There are still many unanswered questions about the safety and efficacy of this genetically engineered plant-vaccine. As noted by Dr. Ollmann above, they don't even understand how it works yet!

articles.mercola.com...

Take it as you will...

Be very wary of the under tested meds and vaccines...
edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 20:11:06 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 20:26:30 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Oh WOW! That is the first time I saw this any place. It goes against everything we have been told.

If this is true, we are in DEEP trouble. I worry for the children and their schoolmates!

edit to add:

ebola.emedtv.com...

The Ebola incubation period is the period between infection with the virus and the appearance of symptoms associated with the disease. The incubation period can be as short as 2 days or as long as 21 days. A person is still contagious during this time.
After four to six days on average, symptoms of Ebola can begin. The period between the transmission of the virus and the start of symptoms is called the incubation period. For Ebola, the incubation period can be as short as 2 days or as long as 21 days.

Is a Person Contagious During the Ebola Incubation Period?
Even if a person exhibits no signs or symptoms of Ebola, he or she can still spread the virus during the incubation period. Once symptoms begin, the person can remain contagious for about three more weeks.

edit on 10/2/14 by BlueAjah because: added quote

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join