It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lorat106
My coworker just left, headed into Downtown dallas. She send me a text saying a tornado touched down in the area of this guys apartment complex. Traffic is stopped on the highways into southeast dallas. I'm not sure how this could effect the situation but YAY right?! -______- I'm stuck at work...

Are you serious!!? Please say no.

If you are - Hollywood wouldn't come up with something so unbelievable!

dang...

www.dfwinfo.com...

Maybe?

Need more info!
edit on 10/2/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Hearing Dr. Sanjay Gupta say all these 'miss-steps' are unacceptable is getting a little scary for us Dallas residents. Why are the officials here dropping the ball like this? It almost makes me think they planned it this way. I mean, are they really that inept at dealing with it? What happens when there's 3 more people who test positive for it? What then? More mistakes, more fumbles, more reassuring the public they have it all under control?

I swear I think it has something to do with the pampered and technological capacity of modern life. We think we're invincible.

The same thing happened here in ATL during the Snow/Ice storm last winter. Citizens were just agog and incredulous at all of the missteps and poor decision making despite tons of money and preparation.

One word: Hubris.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So this is where Mr. Duncan lived in Liberia? Looks so dismal. No wonder ebola is out of control over there, the cleanup crew handling the decontamination looks dangerously unprofessional. Seems that they have not even the most basic guidelines for handling such a situation.

Makes me so much more no comfortable knowing that I live in the good old U.S. of A., with our advanced practices and CDC and NIH and who can forget our medical men and women in uniform of the USPHSCC.

No way something like this would go down in Dallas... right?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Dallas Judge Says Move the Family

CNN) -- The quarantined partner of Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan should be moved with her family out of the Texas apartment where Duncan became sick with the virus and where his sweat-stained sheets were still on the bed, the Dallas County director of homeland security said. Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, also director of the county's Homeland Security and Emergency Management, said officials are working on that relocation after Duncan's girlfriend told CNN of being forced to live with distressing living conditions.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 2-10-2014 by drwill because: bleary-eyed

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Hon, I know is nothing but a conspiracy what I am going to say, but in my opinion the reason that now in our nation Ebola has been allowed to come in and possibly infect citizens is because big pharma have as today two vaccines ready, these vaccine will become the saviors of the nation and incredible profits for the corporate power behind them.

But that is just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lorat106
My coworker just left, headed into Downtown dallas. She send me a text saying a tornado touched down in the area of this guys apartment complex. Traffic is stopped on the highways into southeast dallas. I'm not sure how this could effect the situation but YAY right?! -______- I'm stuck at work...

There were high winds and a couple of people reported funnels but there's no confirmation of tornadoes. I think it's the high winds that were predicted. Scary enough, though. I stood on my balcony and watched it come through. 70 mph winds. Wow.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: SubTruth

You are right, I am a coward. Would I have helped, probably not without a hazmat suit. I am not gonna lie.

You are confusing cowardice with prudence.

It is prudent to not handle a body erupting with Ebola without an impermeable membrane between you and the body, not cowardly.

Likewise, TO handle a body erupting with Ebola without protection, is NOT courageous.

It is moronic.

edit on 10/2/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What a metaphor!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hon, I know is nothing but a conspiracy what I am going to say, but in my opinion the reason that now in our nation Ebola has been allowed to come in and possibly infect citizens is because big pharma have as today two vaccines ready, these vaccine will become the saviors of the nation and incredible profits for the corporate power behind them.

But that is just my opinion.

I really hope not. But the fact Rick Perry lives in Texas and embarrassed Obama over the Border Crisis I am ready to believe in even the wildest conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

About damn time.

Put them in a place where all of their waste and supplies can be contained and disposed of properly and, if they should become ill, they have proper treatment. Plus they can be securely monitored.

Think about what the CDC has been saying...not contagious until symptoms. So what!!?? We just leave them there until they DO have symptoms and then we move them?

It made zero sense and it was inhumane, particularly to the children..

link   
Onset of symptoms are 2-21 days. Average is 8-10.

He reported feeling symptoms on the 24th. Could have been earlier by a day.

"Patient One' would have a staggered onset of showing symptoms the 26th through the 17th of October.

We still have a window . And based on the stuff I'm hearing, it's likely "Patient One" will appear any day now.
edit on 2-10-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

link   
I did a search, but couldn't find this anywhere...but according to hospital officials it is "unlikely" that the patient admitted to Salt Lake City's Primary Children's Medical Center with concerning symptoms actually has the Ebola virus.

But still.....

SALT LAKE CITY — A patient with symptoms that "raised some concern for Ebola" was admitted into Primary Children's Hospital, officials announced Thursday.

The patient had recently traveled to a country in Africa where transmission of the Ebola virus has not yet been reported, according to Primary Children's Hospital's chief of pediatric infectious diseases, Dr. Andrew Pavia. He said the patient was admitted Wednesday.

"While we have determined it is unlikely that the patient has Ebola virus, Primary Children's has taken this opportunity to use the emergency plan that we have been working on for the past few months in order to provide the maximum protection to staff, patients, families, and the greater community in the event we do have a patient with an Ebola infection in the future," a statement from Primary Children's Hospital reads."

www.ksl.com... cid=topstory

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
Dallas Jude Says Move the Family

CNN) -- The quarantined partner of Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan should be moved with her family out of the Texas apartment where Duncan became sick with the virus and where his sweat-stained sheets were still on the bed, the Dallas County director of homeland security said. Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, also director of the county's Homeland Security and Emergency Management, said officials are working on that relocation after Duncan's girlfriend told CNN of being forced to live with distressing living conditions.

www.cnn.com...

Quarantine the complex, keep an eye on everyone for 21 days, THEN move the healthy hospitalize the sick in a special building and burn that complex to the ground.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ok, I am going to be cruel on this one, but hell how good was that man that the "GF" knowing that he came from a infected area of the world she opened her door with children in there for him to come and stay.

She either is "love blind or very stupid", still I agree that once it was found that the man had ebola she should have been removed from the place and put in another area with the other family members, the apartment should have been cleaned or condone for the time being.

Another stupid blunder of our nations, "authorities or like I been saying intentional

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter
Sanjay is back for a second round. He and Wolf are looking at the video. I feel so sorry for the guy who is power washing; he's doing his job. A shame that TPTB didn't, at least, give the man some goggles.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree, Kosmicjack, this should be treated like a biological weapon been released in Texas because due to the ebola deadly rate that is what it is

link   

I doubt that politics has anything to do with the medical crises being born in Dallas, politicians are to low in the feeding chain to have any say or influence.

You stay safe down there.

link   
The window for Patient One is still in play and October 4th through 6th are the dates to watch for.

I give the news 5 days until they discover Patient One. Just a little prediction.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think he has a lawsuit on his hands. Either the complex, the County, the CDC or all of the above. Side note, does everyone in Dallas have their heads up their rear ends? Do they watch the news - at all!?

Except Texasgirl of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: SubTruth

You are right, I am a coward. Would I have helped, probably not without a hazmat suit. I am not gonna lie. I like my life, and I want my children to have their mother.

I was actually talking about the family running "errands" though. Leaving their home after being warned to stay put. God only knows what is on the bottom of their shoes and clothes. They hadn't sanitized their house yet. They were fully aware that they had close contact with an ebola victim.

Wolf Blitzer and ACooper are discussing the dire living conditions in the quarantined woman's apartment. Neither journalist brought up the points you just listed--the family is sleeping on tainted linen, walking through lord knows what, and tracking it into the store (they broke quarantine, apparently, and went shopping).
edit on 2-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join