It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Right, and where is the link in this thread that stated that high political officials were also on that plane with Patient zero? It is understandable that people are afraid and want to bolt, and just because they have money for bribes out does not clear them from being a carrier.
edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 12:21:05 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bella2256

Thanks.

There are a lot of things about this we may never know. For example, we don't know when he bought the plane tickets to come to America. Was it before he had any reason to think he was exposed to Ebola, or afterwards?

Dallas Morning News is reporting (in a somewhat out of date infographic):

Sept. 4
Thomas Eric Duncan of Monrovia, Liberia, abruptly quits his job as a driver for Safeway Cargo, the Liberian customs clearance agent for FedEx.

That sounds like a dream job for someone living in Liberia. Maybe he was already planning to travel to the US and was not planning on going back? I saw news somewhere that said his visa was just for a visit, not for immigration but that Liberians are high on the list of people who commonly overstay visas (i.e., fade into the crowd and stay in the USA illegally).

And now the Associated Press just announced on Twitter:

The Associated PressVerified account ‏@AP
BREAKING: Liberia officials say they will prosecute man who brought Ebola to US for lying on health form.

Not clear yet what he lied about.

ETA: AP has more on their website

DALLAS (AP) -- Liberia plans to prosecute the airline passenger who brought Ebola into the U.S., alleging that he lied on a health questionnaire about not having any contact with an infected person, authorities said Thursday.

Thomas Eric Duncan filled out a series of questions at the airport about his health and activities in the weeks before his flight. On a Sept. 19 form obtained by The Associated Press, he answered no to all of them.

Among other questions, the form asked whether Duncan had cared for an Ebola patient or touched the body of anyone who had died in an area affected by Ebola.

edit on 2-10-2014 by ikonoklast because: Added addition AP info

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Denver Post

He will be prosecuted when he returns to Liberia. Which will be grounds for asylum in the States. Couple that with a couple million from the lawsuit against the hospital and the CDC.

Like I said - the best thing that ever happened to them - if they survive.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

And How would I not be exposing others to it by making my way through a crowded city then into a hospital? When I have the simplistic of systems (which has been many years since) I stay in and away from other folks.

Even if you stayed home completely alone you could still spread it. Unless you went outside, burned your garbage while vomiting/crapping your pants, people/animals could come in contact with it.

Hate to sound callous but If you were to die alone your rotting corpse/infected garbage etc. left in your house would be a huge bio hazard. Animals, neighbors, homeless types or criminals might come in, find you. Neighbors/family would report it but criminals not so much. Probably not until they're vomiting/crapping their pants and images of you finally gets the better of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: antar

I was just talking to my Dallas family about the TX state fair happening (in Dallas). Not worth my life! No thank you!

Bigtex.com

OMGoodness, are you SERIOUS!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i said it at the start of this thread and on another threads,

Stock up NOW , if you go with the rush you will be endangered and find it difficult

it does not hurt to be prepared. and you will need to be prepared... just a hunch

Q

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Unfortunately, yes.

It is going on right now. Sweating bodies bumping into each other everywhere on the fairgrounds. Fair rides, food, trash, bathrooms....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Hate to sound callous but If you were to die alone your rotting corpse/infected garbage etc. left in your house would be a huge bio hazard. Animals, neighbors, homeless types or criminals might come in, find you. Neighbors/family would report it but criminals not so much. Probably not until they're vomiting/crapping their pants and images of you finally gets the better of them.

LOL. Then you can blame me for Armageddon. I promise that I won't let it go that far.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that there is also a patient in Iowa with suspected ebola in quarantine but its being kept hush hush.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Oh wow..

mind.is.blown.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousWombat

Care to hint at who that good authority is?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousWombat
I have it on good authority that there is also a patient in Iowa with suspected ebola in quarantine but its being kept hush hush.

www.kcci.com...

This story says the Health officials in Iowa deny that there is a case there.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be the 2nd patient? I thought the first one arrived in Atlanta???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousWombat

I believe you, this is why we NEED a new forum for this serious issue. People WILL and do step up when there is a platform for them in a safe environment such as ATS.

Have a thread for Ebola Whistleblowers , Breaking news feeds, general discussion and thoughts, even an ATS think tank for solutions.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan
Wouldn't this be the 2nd patient? I thought the first one arrived in Atlanta???

Have you noticed the glaring difference in the handling of the first ebola patient, treated with the utmost care and precaution in Atlanta, and the negligent care that Mr. Duncan has received so far? One location is treated as holy ground, the other not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

From day one, the msm spin has been hard at work to squash any real and timely news.

This from your link is an example:

The rumors come just a day after the first Ebola case was confirmed in Texas after a person traveled from Africa back to the U.S. and later had symptoms of the disease.

Play on words, to buy time they (msm)implied that the patient was American coming back from Africa, not Afican escaping to America.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Now that we have a first official diagnosis of Ebola, it's likely possible that anyone suspected of having the virus prior to official confirmation or those that were kept under the radar from public knowledge will now multiply.

The cats out of the bag. Perhaps now we'll see if any or none at all were being held secretly from public scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Funny how something like this doesn't get done until after the malfeasance of authorities becomes big news:

Texas health official says food is being delivered to 4 people held in quarantine in Ebola investigation; apartment is being cleaned - @Reuters

SOURCE: Breaking News

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

It's an absolute joke. It's like CNN is reading ATS and forwarding links to the CDC. LOL!

I guess I'm glad for at least that?

Now if someone will put the President on their email chain.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal
I wonder if you are on to something. According to reports, Patient Z's family contacted the CDC to complain about the Dallas hospital. The hospital had not reported the case to the CDC at that time. Could it be that the chain was broken at that time? The CDC had lost control of the situation. Here was a family with a large social support group in the community. No way to control that many. I'm sure the CDC had sent memos to hospitals, instructing them to report suspected cases. Didn't happen that way. But if it had, if the patient had been admitted, if he hadn't been sent home, would we be discussing it? Would we even know?
Just wondering out loud.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join