It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast
I was waiting for that! Seriously! :-0
Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Last night, during CNN's mega-Ebola thread, I swear I detected key phrases that had been used in these threads,
and they were popping out of the mouths of CNN anchors, from Erin to Anderson the Keebler Elf.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't forget about the one in HA. If you read the double speak in the article it seems highly probable that's Ebola but they aren't permitted to admit it. Probably same thing in the Iowa case. I also recall someone dropping an anon tip about one in NM iirc. It's in this thread. So there are more you can bet your bottom dollar. They are not handling this like they should. It's almost intentional. By the end of 10/21/14 I predict 7 admitted to but probably 20 times that running around.

From everything I've seen about this thing it is way more contagious than a cold. I'm not sure if it's a lack of an immune response or if it's actually more contagious than they want to admit. According to the DR. That predicted this in 06 it's not yet air borne but highly infectious. (He did not advocate for it's intentional use but said it will happen because of us.)

I recall skunk ops bases in Africa. The lethality combined with contagiousness is too high to happen naturally imo. Especially when combined with it's resistance to cold which it shouldn't be, I ignorantly assume.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Anyone still wondering why the US government ordered 160,000 hazmat suits?
edit on 2-10-2014 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Denver Post

He will be prosecuted when he returns to Liberia. Which will be grounds for asylum in the States. Couple that with a couple million from the lawsuit against the hospital and the CDC.

Like I said - the best thing that ever happened to them - if they survive.

But t's means he also lied coming in to the U. S. We do ask ppl if they have been around infectious disease going through customs, right? He should not get HIPPA protection or asylum.
The media gm has the grounds for making us feel for him. He helped a pregnant lady, etc. Now it is being said they thought her condition was related to the pregnancy. B. S.! What about her brother and others who helped treat her dying before he left? They lived in the same apartment complex. Pregnancy complications do not include bloody eyes. The Liberians know all of this and that is why he will be prosecuted. He has earned it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernChick28

it was posted in the story that they were turned away at the hospital because no room in the ebola ward so he must have known he was exposed to it

edit on 2-10-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yeah, the story is totally falling apart, IMHO. Saw an interview with the brother, he dodged the question as to whether Duncan knew.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: lynn112

From day one, the msm spin has been hard at work to squash any real and timely news.

This from your link is an example:

The rumors come just a day after the first Ebola case was confirmed in Texas after a person traveled from Africa back to the U.S. and later had symptoms of the disease.

Play on words, to buy time they (msm)implied that the patient was American coming back from Africa, not Afican escaping to America.

Antar - I do think you have hit on a crucial point. It was absolutely portrayed that way until late last night. Reports were using terms like the patient "returned to the U.S." via Brussels and Washington Dulles.

No. He came here via Brussels and Washington Dulles.
edit on 10/2/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
The link may or may not be a good one, but here goes.
Also, the return flight is pretty meaningless, imho. Someone earlier mentioned that a flight would cost nearly 7K.

Thomas Duncan flew from Monrovia (ROB) to Brussels (BRU) on Brussels Airlines flight 1247 (SN1247) which departed ROB on Thurs. Sept. 18 and arrived in BRU early moring Fri. Sept. 19. He did not depart BRU until the next day aboard United Airlines flight (UA951) which arrived at Dulles (IAD) the same day. He had a round-trip ticket, which was purchased on Sept. 2 from an IATA accredited travel agency in Lagos, Nigeria. It appears his ticket was purchased by a company named “Silson Global Business Liberia Ltd.”. His return flight was scheduled to depart Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on Oct. 19. The return flight was scheduled for DFW-IAD-BRU-FNA (FNA is Lungi Intl Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone).

gotnews.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: SouthernChick28

it was posted in the story that they were turned away at the hospital because no room in the ebola ward so he must have known he was exposed to it

Which story, can you provide a link? The ebola ward was full ???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

The family of the woman, Marthalene Williams, 19, took her by taxi to a hospital with Mr. Duncan’s help after failing to get an ambulance. Ms. Williams was turned away for lack of space in the hospital’s Ebola treatment ward, the family said, and they took her back home in the evening, hours before she died.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So what's the president doing today? Why is he not informing the public about this potentially devastating virus or at least make a statement, if l was pres I'd be reassuring the public at the very least.

I think he has to much confidence for the professionals on the ground, but hey, just blame it on lack of intelligence coming in.

So what's the president doing, he's campaigning, really...unbelievable.

Source

CHICAGO (WLS) -- President Barack Obama is giving a speech on the economy at Northwestern University and lending support to Governor Pat Quinn and other Democrats during his short visit in Chicago

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
So what's the president doing today? Why is he not informing the public about this potentially devastating virus or at least make a statement, if l was pres I'd be reassuring the public at the very least.

I think he has to much confidence for the professionals on the ground, but hey, just blame it on lack of intelligence coming in.

Source

CHICAGO (WLS) -- President Barack Obama is giving a speech on the economy at Northwestern University and lending support to Governor Pat Quinn and other Democrats during his short visit in Chicago

With all the ongoing crises he's had to deal with I think this new threat is too much for him to handle right now. He is probably the ostrich sticking his head in the sand. It's kind of sad, especially since the country needs reassuring from our leader.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ikonoklast

It's an absolute joke. It's like CNN is reading ATS and forwarding links to the CDC. LOL!

I guess I'm glad for at least that?

Now if someone will put the President on their email chain.

I think someone is definitely reading ATS. And they would be foolish not to, ATS is usually a much better news source in situations like this. But I suspect they read ATS and other social media mostly to see which way the social wind is blowing, and only a little for info they've missed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Are you surprised by this?

Lets not get started on all the ways he is incompetent.

Apparently, the family had to buy food which is why they were at the store. Today they figured out how to keep them at home... go do their shopping.
what a brilliant idea. Wonder why no one thought they would need food to eat. We are screwed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Source

He's gonna feast at a Gala

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Yeah, me too. You're welcome.

=====

On a sidenote to everyone, a bit more has come out about Duncan suddenly quitting his job. From

ABC News:

Duncan's former boss in Monrovia, Liberia, said the patient had been his driver for the last year or two until he abruptly left his job in early September.

"I really don’t know," why he left, Henry Brunson, general manager of Safeway Cargo, told ABC News. "He didn’t resign. He just left the office. He just walked away.”

Brunson didn't know where Duncan went until he saw him on the news as the Ebola patient in Dallas, Texas.

Seems like there must be more about Duncan walking away from his job that we don't know.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
OMG! CNN reporting that it's logical that Duncan did not know he had Ebola when he left Liberia. Really!!?

But he did know he carried a dying woman to the hospital.

Then he got on a plane and came to the U.S.

I am wondering how long he had his ticket to come to Dallas? With him being from one of the countries with the highest incidence of Ebola and death rates, you would think if he was so far, so good he would have stayed as far away from the infected as possible knowing that he was leaving the area in the near future??

Sorry I missed the post earlier that he did buy the ticket Sept 2nd. So he knew well in advance then.
edit on 10/2/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
umm. If you are on facebook, look for WFAA

That is the Dallas ABC news.

HD Chopper 8 caught this image of crews cleaning the sidewalk outside the Ivy Apartments, where the Ebola patient was staying before being taken to the hospital.

www.facebook.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

bare with me, I am learning how to link things, and haven't moved on to pictures yet.

dang it.. try this, not a direct clicky

www.facebook.com...

edit on 2-10-2014 by Justaposter because: link didn't work.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter
umm. If you are on facebook, look for WFAA

That is the Dallas ABC news.

HD Chopper 8 caught this image of crews cleaning the sidewalk outside the Ivy Apartments, where the Ebola patient was staying before being taken to the hospital.

www.facebook.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

bare with me, I am learning how to link things, and haven't moved on to pictures yet.

dang it.. try this, not a direct clicky

www.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join