It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

If Ebola takes hold in any major metro area many folks will resort to taking care of their loved ones themselves. Imagine the horror of walking into an overwhelmed hospital emergency room with coughing, sneezing, sweating patients and knowing that your number won't come up for a good two hours.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Well, if the entire crisis had been handled correctly, they would have only had to do it for these people. Or - scratch that - if we had canceled flights, no one.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If that's the case, they would need designated field hospitals for people who had exposure.

No way should we be mixing low risk with high risk patients.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Two hours! Ha! If you are lucky.

I think we are going to start seeing those plastic tents being set up in front of ERs real soon....

a reply to: Witness2008

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

The difference I see is that this patient came from Liberia where he was directly in contact with dead and dying Ebola victims. He came to the States ASAP and within days presented symptoms of Ebola and sought care. He was treated and released at a urgent care facility.

This is where the "hmmmm" moment hits for me. His nephew then calls CDC and says he thinks his Uncle has Ebola and was misdiagnosed and "gets the ball rolling" as they say. Which in a hutshell means the family knew the man had Ebola

Most people would visit a doctor and if given meds and sent home would return to the doctor if the situation got worse. These people didn't. They were aware of what was happening and the failure of the first visit to get treatment must have really shocked the hell out of them.

No plan survive contact with the enemy as the saying goes.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I sure hope they get this contained. If by chance Ebola makes it way into a jail or a penitentiary, the rate of infection would probably increase exponentially.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Mayor of Dallas is on CNN now, totally crawfishing...It's the blind leading the blind.

Heads will roll over this.

How long until they bring in the National Guard?

People have got to be abandoning the area, right? Would anyone want to stay at the complex? In those schools? At that hospital?

If it had been managed well, sure, maybe. But knowing it has been utterly mismanaged? And that there are possibly 100 vectors, some unidentified?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

My guess this is the chance to get rid of the bottom feeders, the people who take their children into ER's across America and allow them to lick the floors, wallow around on the floors without shoes and leaf through magazines and books while waiting to be seen... and then off to McDonalds playhouses...

OMG you are spot on. I provided non-emergency medical transport for medicaid clients. One young mother of a 2 yr old didn't care for motherly advice. Her son had an appointment at the hospital, she asked for my assistance. When her name was called she let that baby crawl down the long hallway to the examining room. I offered to carry him but she said no he needed the exercise.

Two nurses were waiting at the end of the hall with horrified looks on their faces. One quickly came to meet us telling the mom to pick the baby up/the floors were dirty. The mom thought their reaction was funny, laughed it off but the nurses kept looking at each other then at me. I guess they thought I was family. I told them I was just the driver, tried to warn her but she's the mom. The nurses lectured her but it did no good. I saw this odd behavior from her as well as others constantly.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

right and this is nothing new, they 'see' the shiny floors fee from debris and ass-ume they are clean???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OMG! CNN reporting that it's logical that Duncan did not know he had Ebola when he left Liberia. Really!!?

But he did know he carried a dying woman to the hospital.

Then he got on a plane and came to the U.S.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He may not have known he HAD it yet, but i bet you my last dollar he suspected it was coming!

a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

I may be burned at the stake for saying this, but a hospital is the last place I would seek help.

I'm always learning of new breakthroughs in prevention and treatment, and take the holistic and natural routes to health very seriously, probably because of my ever growing phobia of hospitals.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Doodle19815

I may be burned at the stake for saying this, but a hospital is the last place I would seek help.

I'm always learning of new breakthroughs in prevention and treatment, and take the holistic and natural routes to health very seriously, probably because of my ever growing phobia of hospitals.

Look, do what you want with regards to your own health. But if you get Ebola and expose other people to it, that's very irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I won't strike the match.

I avoid hospitals when and if at all possible. MERSA is just one reason. I try to stay on top of any illnesses in the family, or go to the docs office if needed.

I despise ERs.

a reply to: Witness2008

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Mayor of Dallas is on CNN now, totally crawfishing...It's the blind leading the blind.

Heads will roll over this.

You would think. But the health system seems to be nothing much more then a money making system. You saw how bad the situation was handled. From what we have seen in using the system over recent years, this is status quo. A handful of people getting rich while doing as little as possible. People are like cattle being run through and treated as the insurance companies say. Really sad.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: windowpane

Anderson Cooper exclusive with partner of Mr. Duncan CNN now. The sheets and towels haven't been cleaned. She doesn't know what to do with them. She has not slept in the bed since Tuesday. She did place towels in plastic bags. CDC is worthless. Beyond stupid!
The daughter of the women who helped care for Duncan and who called 911 then rode to hospital with him is NOT under quarantine or any restriction.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windowpane

And How would I not be exposing others to it by making my way through a crowded city then into a hospital? When I have the simplistic of systems (which has been many years since) I stay in and away from other folks.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernChick28

CDC budget, money well spent. Maybe it's been secretly outsourced.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
According to breitbart news the Texas department of corrections has implemented its emergency ebola action plan on Wednesday.

Source

The directive was sent to all division leaders in the Texas prison system warning wardens and other prison official to be on the lookout for any symptoms of the deadly disease. TDCJ supervisors were requested to observe both the inmate population and corrections workers

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
so much moving so fast , boards are getting clogged up with every tiny bit of info so i will post here on the thread i consider to have the most valuable info

Texas Department of State Health Services order to quarantine Ebola family put in place because they violated request to stay home - @janetstjames

twitter link

stay at home pls!!! omg

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join