It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
On FB reading an article from the Blaze - www.theblaze.com... ent/

According to another report from Reuters, bodily fluids and items a patient has come into contact with must be sterilized or incinerated before being disposed of. Sean Kaufman, the president of an Atlanta biosafety firm, told Reuters this practice not only protects those handling the materials but helps ensure that they’re not used “for nefarious purposes.”

Nefarious purposes!? Ugh.... Burn the damn sheets on your back patio lady!
edit on 2-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Forgot the link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
CDC made to look bad on the news. Now CDC will go collect the contaminated materials. You know, the job they should do in a serious situation such as this.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Great updates with the charts by the way!!

I am curious about this statementfrom his cousin.
I want to pitch a thought or two at this....again I am just speculating but curious to see your thoughts on the matter!!!

Do you think if him or his family had been forth coming about his exposure on the 15th that the scenario would have been very different in terms of the hospitals response?
Also, and just let this idea simmer, I keep reading statement from his family asking why he isn't getting the zmap or the same treatment, etc.. Could it be possible that this went down the way it did because they wanted to look like they did all they could for everyone's safety? This man knew he had been exposed so why did he not go straight to the ER when he arrived on the 20th?? Perhaps, he was worried he would be sent back if he was not symptomatic? Maybe the plan all along was to do it the way they did because they assumed once he was symptomatic he would of course get the drug and what not. I dont know....but I can not for the life of me figure out why he did not tell the hospital staff what happened on the 15th. Maybe he did not even tell his family until the night the neighbors reported that Duncan was outside and his family was screaming as the EMT's arrived (www.chicagotribune.com...=1)

... all this seems very fishy to me in the respect that the news seems to completely ignore the fact that he did not reveal the info about being exposed directly on the 15th...to me that's a way different statement to make than "I just flew from Liberia".

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

And at what point can we consider these idiots terrorists?

I mean is she out at Walmart rubbing her hands on the fruit. Can it be construed as purposeful?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
CDC employees hanging around this forum - please get back to work and make a plan for dealing with this situation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

I mean is she out at Walmart rubbing her hands on the fruit. Can it be construed as purposeful?

I dunno its worrying enough that she probably knew .. i mean he held the pregnant womans leg and he knew she died of Ebola, i dont understand how as a country you can put yourselves at risk by hoping they stay put .. everyone who came in contact with this guy should be sitting in a ward right now , not told to go home and not come out.. we all know what human beings do when they are told not to do something..

Q

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernChick28
And watch out because I can see a lawsuit from them over this and the hospital handling of him. To be clear, he knew he had been exposed to Ebola, it should be illegal to come into this country with a fatal virus without contacting the CDC first. They might have been willing to save him with his wife and kids being citizens. But to come here and expose your family and countless others. They dont get to sue over this. He should never have come here.
As for whether he came because of this, see when the flight was booked. If after September 15, then it is pretty obvious. He should feel lucky not to be charged with bio terrorism and child endangerment.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I swear I think the title of this thread needs an edit. The CDC DID NOT mobilize. LOL!

The Director needs to be sacked.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
look at the huge amount of people who have been attending the playoffs and games. stadiums full of world travelers...

Edit to say, oh wait, they were not showing signs yet. But then think about the guy who drank a bit too much puking or had he dank too much?

edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 12:10:39 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I swear I think the title of this thread needs an edit. The CDC DID NOT mobilize. LOL!

The Director needs to be sacked.

yeah it needs to be change to Ebola mobilizes

Q

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

can we open a forum for this disease/pandemic?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

I was just talking to my Dallas family about the TX state fair happening (in Dallas). Not worth my life! No thank you!

Bigtex.com
edit on 2-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

This thread is in that forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

looks like you might get your wish

Liberian authorities to prosecute man infected with Ebola who brought disease to US, saying he lied on airport health questionnaire - @AP

Q

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Liberian authorities to prosecute man infected with Ebola who brought disease to US, saying he lied on airport health questionnaire - @AP

And THAT'S why we should ban travel from the region.
edit on 10/2/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Remember, this is the girlfriend that ran back and forth caretaking Patient Zero and her patients at the hospital.
edit on pm1031pmThu, 02 Oct 2014 12:17:30 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Patient Z's family could face criminal charges if they violate the Control Order.

Texas health officials have placed the Dallas family of a Liberian national infected with Ebola under quarantine and ordered them not to leave their home or have any contact with outsiders for 21 days without approval of the local or state health department.The "control order" also requires the family of Thomas Eric Duncan to be available to provide blood samples and agree to any testing required by public health officials. Officials said Thursday that the four or five family members could face criminal charges for violating the order, which was delivered to them in writing Wednesday evening.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

agree should have been done a long time ago .. its just insane its almost like someone wants this to happen

Q

link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

A preview of what we have to look forward to over the next few weeks, months or maybe even years.

The class divisions are about to get a lot wider.

I lived in Texas off and on for a few years and witnessed a lot of unsavory health issues, especially in the restaurants. A lot of the behind the scenes activities were carried out by undocumented workers with a lack of hygienic understanding, I would choose my restaurants carefully and paid a much higher price for doing so. My kids worked in the service industry when they were in school, I had plenty of first hand knowledge.

There were a lot of places I would not dream of walking into for shopping. There are some cultural differences evident in all public places down there that I found very alarming. Now we are dealing with a Liberian population in Dallas some of whom really should have stayed home (common sense) but for what ever reason found it unimportant. I wonder if the CDC considers the cultural differences in understanding certain responsibilities.

link   

originally posted by: SouthernChick28
As for whether he came because of this, see when the flight was booked. If after September 15, then it is pretty obvious. He should feel lucky not to be charged with bio terrorism and child endangerment.

I reeeallly want to know this.

*AFTER* it's all contained....

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join