It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
But they quarantined the ambulance drivers? or am I wrong?
You are correct. The ambulance drivers are quarantined in their homes.

Uh-oh, I don't like the sound of this quote from the NY Times.

Mr. Duncan may have become infected after his landlord's daughter fell gravely ill. On Sept 15, Mr. Duncan helped his landlord and his landlord's son carry the stricken woman to the hospital, his neighbors and the woman's parents said. She died the next day.
Soon, the landlord's son also became ill, and he died on Wednesday in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Two other residents in the neighborhood who may have had contact with the woman have also died. Their bodies were collected on Wednesday, as well.

'Smelling something fishy, here. Is it just me?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

took her by taxi to a hospital with Mr. Duncan’s help on Sept. 15

she died hours later, around 3 a.m.

So, Mr. Duncan knew he had been exposed and chose to join his GF in America......
I don't think I would have made that choice.

We're supposed to have faith that the CDC is well prepared and on top of this, but it took 2 days to decontaminate the ambulance that was used?

Asking people to stay home because they have been exposed isn't very comforting.
We're told this disease keeps mutating, so how long before it mutates to an airborne variety? And, will they even tell us if it does?

I think Big Pharma, the healthcare industry and a lot of stockholders will be buying new yachts soon......

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What I want to know is did he not go anywhere? They said he was sent home with a prescription for antibiotics. Generally don't people who are sick go from the doctor to some kind of pharmacy to get their prescription filled? What about the people there.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

The real numbers are that the reported numbers are anywhere between 50%-20% of actual cases.

Meaning that the reality on the ground is 2-5 times worse:

Reported Cases / Deaths (as of 25 September 2014)[3][4][5][6]
Total: 6,808 / 3,159
Liberia: 3,564 / 1,922[6]
Sierra Leone: 2,120 / 564[4]
Guinea: 1,103 / 668[5]
Nigeria: 20 / 8[3]
Senegal: 1 / 0[3]
United States: 1 / 0[2]

wiki

Potential actual cases: 13616 - 34040

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Text Red just saw an article that states he DID tell them he was from an area that had ebola

so this guy had to know he was exposed to ebola from the lady he helped to the hospital in his country before coming here.

obviously he didn't tell the docs here and

apparently they didn't ask him where he was from or where he traveled the first time at the hospital here in the usa(which leads me to believe he didn't volunteer the info)because they released him with antibiotics....

the 3 emt's from the ambulance tested negative...but, he exposed some school children who are being kept at home for the time being.

human nature is going to do us in....

edit on 1-10-2014 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 1-10-2014 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 1-10-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Oh thanks, another gift from you, my friend.

34000 people! I don't even want to try and wrap my head around that. And the bodies...

I read in one of the other links that people are reluctant to believe the people who are trying to educate people about this. They won't listen to them, they fear them. They won't use the soap being passed out for fear that it is contaminated! Geesh!

Thank the dear lord I live in a first world country. At least I have access to food and clean water. (Which I will be promptly stocking up on.) I pray for all these people affected.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So it begins here now. Mortality rate 50-90%. It makes me curious as to the reason for all those Fema camps. Then,,it all starts to come together. Along with the funding of vicious killers to begin the "NEW" ethnic cleansing through brutal and horrifying means, there comes along death from an invisible enemy that only kills to grow and multiply until every host is destroyed or it has completely burned itself out. OH,,,don't forget that this nasty virus has been mutating,,,,getting stronger each time until whatever it's goal is, is reached. I'm kinda thinking,,ummm,,,it wants to be airborne! It doesn't just want to kill 50-90% of us,,,,,,it wants to kill ALL of us!
If there is an agenda for this to continue it's course while making it look like the C.D.C, doctors and nurses are trying to do everything they can to stop it,,up to half, if not more, of everyone in the United States will die!

The Madness Continues

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First and last post here, but I thought I'd just post this link for those that want to take a look that shows Ebola can be transmssible even when asymptomatic,contrary to what the CDC would have people believe,no matter how much of an anomaly or a fluke it is,it's still possible www.msf.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: nugget1
obviously he didn't tell the docs here and

apparently they didn't ask him where he was from or where he traveled the first time at the hospital here in the usa(which leads me to believe he didn't volunteer the info)because they released him with antibiotics....

Just wanted to let you know that Mr. Duncan did, in fact, inform the hospital on his 1st visit.

Dr. Mark Lester, executive vice president of the Texas Health Resources System, said the hospital staff had been instructed to ask patients about their travel history, following the advice of federal authorities.

That checklist, he said, was utilized by a nurse and the patient volunteered that he had just come from Liberia. “Regretfully that information was not fully communicated” to the full medical team, Dr. Lester said.

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Up to 18 exposed:
link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They can ask some people all the questions they want. There are some people out there in the African community that will not admit to anything because of the stigma of this disease.

I don't have any link. But I saw a gentleman on CNN earlier talking about this. Trying to get the word out to these people that they must come forward and tell the truth.

The way this is playing out before my own eye's, Man, this could turn into a real mess.

If I was in the Dallas area, I don't think I would be waiting for the government to tell me what to do. I would be getting out of dodge. (if I had the chance too)

I am very far away from this problem. But we will be sitting down tonight at dinner and having a very serious conversation. We all work with the public.

edit on 1-10-2014 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: singlepost

*throws hands up in the air*

That's it, I'm done clicking links. What an emotional story for that little boy. He will never forget his time spent there.

Now, where do I buy a vial of his blood?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We live in a first world country with indoor plumbing and running water. Something many places in Africa lacks.

Ebola is passed in bodily fluids starting with the onset of symptoms (including vomiting and diarrhea). Every time he used those first world conveniences was he not shedding Ebola into the public waste system? With 4-5 days of symptoms before he was admitted into the hospital, how much of the virus is now in the Dallas waterways? Now people are "self" quarantining" themselves until symptoms appear. Will they also add to that viral soup beneath Dallas?

It was brought up earlier in the thread and has been tickling my brain ever since.....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No to worry the cure is here

1 October 2014 Last updated at 14:59 ET

ShareFacebookTwitter.Ebola vaccines 'being fast-tracked'

Two experimental vaccines are being fast tracked for use in the Ebola outbreak, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

Safety trials are under way in the UK and US but will be expanded to 10 sites in Africa, Europe and North America.

Manufacturers are working on producing more doses, with the goal of "a very significant increase in scale during the first half of 2015", said the WHO.

Trials to assess whether experimental vaccines work could begin in January.

However, a number of challenges remain - including the ethics of running clinical trials and how to choose who receives the vaccines.

One vaccine - made by GlaxoSmithKline - is already being tested in a handful of healthy human volunteers. Another vaccine - developed by Canada - could start initial safety testing in the US this month.

The UN Agency said in a statement: "Both companies are working to augment their manufacturing capacity. The goal is a very significant increase in scale during the first half of 2015."

www.bbc.com...

Ain't that peachy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ahem,

So that blood really worked!! Well, not necessarily. You see, there's more at work here than just the blood transfusion. The authors of the paper  indicated that those 8 patients not only received blood transfusions, they got better supportive care, and with Ebola supportive care may keep you alive just enough for your body to fight the virus on it's own. In fact, another paper published in 1999, by Sadek et al (5), found that with Ebola, the longer you live the better your chances of survival. Sound obtuse? Well, they made a timeline for patients that included time of symptom onset and time of death or survival and it revealed a striking correlation between length of disease and survival: "In general, patients who survived the disease for at least 1 week had a probability of survival of 30%. The rate increased to ~70% for those who survived the first 2 weeks beyond the onset of symptoms." So when were the blood transfusions done? Well, they were done on day 10 post symptom onset. So those patients already had an increased probability of survival. 

Ebola Convalescent Serum: It's No Magic Bullet

I know. I know...

I'm a lttle ray o sunshine.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did the Dallas Ebola Patient Change Planes at Heathrow?

Fears are growing that the Ebola victim currently in quarantine in Dallas, Texas, could travelled via London's Heathrow airport on his way to the U.S.The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the federal agency in charge of public health, has refused to release the flight information for the patient, claiming 'It's just not necessary'.

But Liberia's ministry of information revealed the patient travelled through Brussels on his way to the U.S...There are no direct flights from there to Dallas, so he would have made at least one more transfer. He left Monrovia on Friday, September 19, and arrived in Dallas the following day. American Airlines run regular non-stop flights from Heathrow to Dallas Fort Worth every Saturday.The CDC insisted anyone who shared a flight with the infected man had nothing to fear. 'The ill person did not exhibit symptoms of Ebola during the flights from West Africa and CDC does not recommend that people on the same commercial airline flights undergo monitoring, as Ebola is only contagious if the person is experiencing active symptoms,' the agency said in a statement.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ml#ixzz3EvetefeF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Good point -

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days. Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4 C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70 C. Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz3EvenMrcq

www.naturalnews.com...#

I can only hope our water treatment plants can fight it. Though I know that flushed water still goes somewhere.

I will be doubly stocking up on bottled water, and boiling all else.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
CNN: Ambulance Used To Transport Ebola Patient Was In Use For Two Days After He Was Transported To Hospital…

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: singlepost
First and last post here, but I thought I'd just post this link for those that want to take a look that shows Ebola can be transmssible even when asymptomatic,contrary to what the CDC would have people believe,no matter how much of an anomaly or a fluke it is,it's still possible www.msf.org...

I was thinking about this....some people get sick a lot some people never get sick and others are in between, some people have other diseases that make them more prone to catching something.....2 people catch the same thing, one is very ill and the other shows no or no symptoms......the one with the really high tolerance with not a lot of symptoms could spread this.....just have to wait and see how this plays out......

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Interesting last paragraph in that article:

Doctors in Saudi Arabia are also taking precautions as 40 years old man returning from Sierra Leone was recently identified carrying the Ebola virus. The man is in critical condition.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join