It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
I was ISIL'd to pieces last week by MSM. The blackout about Ebola was indeed strange. And the candy coated pressers aren't helping IMHO.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: topdog81
Star. Thanks for this find. I sure haven't heard it on CNN.
Yes, I would want to know. It's good to know that United is releasing the list.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I live in Dallas. I also work at a high-volume, low-income clinic...not the most ideal place in this situation.

On the way to work this morning a man called in and said his wife works with the man's girlfriend. That she is a healthcare worker and she was in and out of work, leaving on lunch breaks to care for her sick partner and then returning to work to care for sick patients....there is no way she could avoid fluids or direct contact while she was home with him.

The guy who called into the radio was asking if his family should get tested. YES! your wife had contact with someone exposed.

This is my first post. Ill update as I hear anything new here local.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Of course he knew he was sick.

He decides to take his first trip to America after two people he had direct contact with died of Ebola.

Shaking my head.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lorat106

Thanks for the info. It is a clue as to how far and wide this virus can be spread.

Welcome to ATS

edit on 1-10-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow there are so many people I want to reply to I don't know where to begin.

First of all, as far as the number count goes, as a mother, I have watched some pretty intense influenza bugs sweep through the schools. Know how many the CDC counted? 0. Why? Because they tested some in the major city near us, and since these kids had the same symptoms, they assumed it was the same and treated it as such. Contrary to popular belief, they do not test everyone. Only one, once in a while to make sure they are still dealing with the same thing. It is too expensive to test everyone for the flu let alone an ebola test.

Second, as far as its ability to pass from one another, I will NOT believe anyone who tells me this is not very contagious while they are simultaneously showing images of people in space suits and oxygen tanks walking through disinfectant pans.

Third, they said in todays CNN article that they are not going to even attempt to go after everyone who came in contact with this person. They are also not going to try to keep them contained... why? They say it will drive people underground and be counterproductive to fighting a breakout... Proof that book smarts and common sense rarely exist together.

Finally, if you truly believe the above mentioned statements to which I am arguing, please continue to believe them. Don't let me and my silly out of the box arguments sway your beliefs. There will be more food, water, jobs, etc. for me when this is all over.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Geodude

To Edit or Not to Edit, that is the question...

That was the most outrageous piece of 1950's style Propaganda.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Paging Dr. Whatshisname

Speaking of all this, does anyone remember the name of that psycho Dr. who proposed spreading ebola to cure the world of overpopulation? I can't find it...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman guess they know what all those mass caskets are for in Atlanta, thousands stacked up waiting....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

It was linked and mentioned earlier in the thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
From what I've read, the Ebola patient had been exposed before he left Liberia, so his gf, if she was a health care worker, should have known better than to expose others.
Apparently, when the ambulance came to retrieve the patient, he was upchucking all over the front lawn, and the relatives were screaming in the background.

"His whole family was screaming. He got outside and he was throwing up all over the place," resident Mesud Osmanovic, 21, said on Wednesday, describing the chaotic scene before the man was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday where he is in serious condition.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Oi! HA I was afraid someone might say that. Time to sift through 28 pages... ug

Thanks
edit on OctWed, 01 Oct 2014 17:55:45 -050045.stpm454514p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: topdog81
United Airlines is disclosing passenger information for those that may have been in contact or shared a flight with the infected person. Essentially calling the CDC out in their double speak -

Here is the full statement from United Airlines including the flight numbers, as quoted from CBS news in Dallas-Fort Worth:

Here is the entire statement issued by United Airlines:

“The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has informed us that the patient said he flew part of his trip on United. However, without consent, we cannot divulge a traveler’s identity. The director of the CDC has stated there is “zero risk of transmission” on any flight on which the patient flew because he was not symptomatic until several days after his trip and could not have been contagious on the dates he traveled. While the CDC states it is unnecessary for it or the airline to contact others who were on the patient’s flights, United is providing information about the flights United believes the patient took, based on information provided by the CDC. We are ensuring our employees have this information and suggest that any customers who have concerns contact the experts at the CDC for further information.

Information on the Sept. 20 flights United believes the patient took is as follows:

· Brussels to Washington Dulles, Flight 951 and Washington Dulles to Dallas-Fort Worth, Flight 822.”

I know there are people here on ATS who know how to look up flights and determine what aircraft were used and what other flights they have been used on since.

Just in case...

Interesting that he flew to Washington DC first.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Of course he knew he was sick.

He decides to take his first trip to America after two people he had direct contact with died of Ebola.

Shaking my head.

Maybe I missed it but ebola wasn't stated as the cause of death of the people he had contact with in Liberia. Kinda seems odd that they would all die on the same day.

Mr. Duncan may have become infected after his landlord’s daughter fell gravely ill. On Sept 15, Mr. Duncan helped his landlord and his landlord’s son carry the stricken woman to the hospital, his neighbors and the woman’s parents said. She died the next day. Soon, the landlord’s son also became ill, and he died on Wednesday in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Two other residents in the neighborhood who may have had contact with the woman have also died. Their bodies were collected on Wednesday as well.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ok so PLEASE this post needs it's own thread.

I have been thinking that a thread needs to be started for just this type of first hand information sharing.

THIS is what ATS is truly about. In countless critical situation worldwide ATS has been there in the front lines passing information along that I would bet even the "officials" have garnered from.
edit on pm1031pmWed, 01 Oct 2014 18:03:56 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

Interesting that he flew to Washington DC first.

Hold the phone!! He went to Washington DC first? Shut the front door!!! Did he take a tour? Shake any hand after going to the bathroom and not washing??? Piss on anyone?? C'mon people, we need answers! This could really be gettin good.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is just a quick look into the crappy health system in the US. Medical care has become a business.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Thanks for posting the statement in it's entirety. The passenger's identity is out of the bag at this point. Regardless of the patient supposedly not being contagious at the time of air travel, it seems like a logical and prudent step to identify each person that shared a flight.

I'd certainly want to know.
edit on 1-10-2014 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What I have found talking about the Ebola case in Dallas (and I live in Central TX, with family in Ft Worth) people are quick to label you.

Example. I said something like "in a million years, I never would have thought Ebola would cross over to North America"
A simple statement, not blaming anyone. but I have been accused of 'the sky is falling, the sky is falling' or 'obama hater'. when I counter, no.. look at the evolution of this outbreak.. nope.. back to chicken little for me, or hating obama.

Are we that polarized that people no longer can think any other way but politically? Are people sticking their head in the sand so deep due to fear and/or being ignorant to facts?

I am really having a hard time understanding this mode of thinking.

Do I think a massive outbreak will happen here in America? No, but I do think several will become infected.
Do I think I am being paranoid? No, I call it being informed.

I guess having a simple understanding of basic biology makes me a wee bit fearful of this.

Is anyone else getting this type of stuff?

All I know is, the next 21 -28 days shall be very interesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Juuuust what i wanted 4 hours away from me. Patient effin zero in the American ebola outbreak. Fantastic. Was having a good week until i heard this. Thanks again god. You really keep it coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join