It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So shall we expect this to be arriving as well

Reeling from Ebola, WHO warns of MERS risk to Africa

(Reuters) - Vulnerable countries, especially in Africa, need to defend themselves against the possible seasonal spread of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in the first half of 2015, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday.

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Basic numbers:

Liberia Population: 4.4 Million
Confirmed Ebola Cases: 3,458
% of population infected: 0.0008%

USA Population: 318 Million
Confirmed Ebola Cases: 1
% of population infected: 0.0000%

Number comparison:

.0008 of USA population would be 255,000 people. Talk about bringing down a healthcare system.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: blakwrot

The health care system was taken down many moons ago. It's just another corporate money making machine now with little to no regard for public health. Ebola will just be another cash cow for shareholders.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Never let a good opportunity go to waste, that is the way of America all for business corporate power.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i wonder if people will be surprised when this is all over and there is nowhere near the death toll numbers they are projecting and trying to freak us out with.

people are going to get sick. people are going to die. thousands of them.
then, its going to pass just like h1n1 and there will be something else to take its place.

there will be something else the media spreads the doom about.
there will be something else that ats'ers will discuss and debate and throw out all their numbers and reasons as to why this new thing will be so much worse than the last thing.

rinse and repeat

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
thanks, I did go back and fixed it, did an update highlighted in red to correct my mistake

originally posted by: Olivine

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: nugget1
obviously he didn't tell the docs here and

apparently they didn't ask him where he was from or where he traveled the first time at the hospital here in the usa(which leads me to believe he didn't volunteer the info)because they released him with antibiotics....

Just wanted to let you know that Mr. Duncan did, in fact, inform the hospital on his 1st visit.

Dr. Mark Lester, executive vice president of the Texas Health Resources System, said the hospital staff had been instructed to ask patients about their travel history, following the advice of federal authorities.

That checklist, he said, was utilized by a nurse and the patient volunteered that he had just come from Liberia. “Regretfully that information was not fully communicated” to the full medical team, Dr. Lester said.

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America?

Why did O think it was “unlikely”? He was probably referencing this study picked up by Vox in early September estimating that the chances that someone carrying the virus would get on a plane to the U.S. undetected were only as high as 18 percent (and as low as one percent). Why that is, I don’t know. Ebola screening at airports relies mainly on thermometer readings; it’s easy to imagine someone who’d contracted the disease the day before his flight showing no symptoms, fever included, when he went to board his plane. (Which is pretty much what happened with the Dallas patient.) Even if O had some scientific reason to think the odds were against Ebola coming here, though, why emphasize that in his comments to the public? Matthews is correct: In his haste to reassure people that they have nothing to fear, Obama’s now given them reason to think “If he was wrong about the likelihood of Ebola reaching America, could he be wrong about the risk of an outbreak too?” It reminds me, in an odd way, of his famous “red line” comment about Assad and WMD. Why risk your credibility by saying something, however well intentioned, that you didn’t actually have to say?

hotair.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

It's transmitted by touch, direct skin-to-skin contact. The doctor from Samaritan's Purse was trying to say this all along, ever since they gave testimony to a special House Committee in July.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
So shall we expect this to be arriving as well

Reeling from Ebola, WHO warns of MERS risk to Africa

(Reuters) - Vulnerable countries, especially in Africa, need to defend themselves against the possible seasonal spread of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in the first half of 2015, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday.

link

Just what we need, more disease, it makes me just want to drink to blot it all out.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I am suspicious of this whole thing.

Allowing free travel to and from infected countries seems terribly negligent, or perhaps very calculating by just a few interested parties.

The surge in market value of a few Pharma companies before the CDC announced the infection.

Troop deployment to Western Africa? They need to look like they are doing something. The CDC should have done what was needed and met the demands of medical teams way back to the beginning of the year.

Here we are again, being manipulated like a commodity by the corporatocracy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I agree, but we just let it happen and nobody question anything, we the common people and the poor people in countries like Africa pay the price for greed.

Meanwhile the propaganda work the people to the point that they will bend over for the "saviors".

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windwaker

It's transmitted by touch, direct skin-to-skin contact. The doctor from Samaritan's Purse was trying to say this all along, ever since they gave testimony to a special House Committee in July.
It's transmitted through bodily fluids, which (yes) can include touch. I was alluding to the fact that the guy was in close contact with some dying people in an area that is hard hit by the disease, and he had to know he'd been exposed to something nasty before he got on that plane.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apparently the people that came in contact with the infected person were put in "quarantine" in their own home

HOWEVER

They can still go to the store, mall, and other public places.

Doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Shouldn't you guys be at the store getting canned goods and water rather than posting?

There isn't that much time. Don't waste it!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
My worst fears.
This just gets worse and worse.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It makes perfect sense. Allow the spread of the virus so they can pull out the antivirals and vaccines.

They control our water, food, finances, and speech..... why not our health?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Considering Hajj season is here, there's good chance Ebola could spread internationally since there are 1.7 million foreign pilgrims coming from all parts of the world to Mecca.

IMO, this is a perfect chance to cause a worldwide epidemic.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Which is most likely the exact reason he jumped on a plane to the States. He wasn't going to be evacuated here and he didn't want to die.

Best option in his mind? Jump a flight before symptoms show and let the doctors in the States take care of the rest.

I am sure beyond doubt there is a reason that all information about the man and his family here in the states is being suppressed. Nothing people in charge fear worse than a backlash and Texas is a state that would do it.

A man cut a woman's head off last week. The next day we knew all about him and his family was on the TV giving interviews. This guy just happened to get sick through no fault of his own and it's a blackout.

Just doesn't seem right does it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok I am back, this thread has been on my thoughts and words since I left earlier. Just saying how great it is to have such intelligent and amazing members to discuss this with. You are the cream of the WWW.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
United Airlines is disclosing information for those that may have been in contact or shared a flight with the infected person. Essentially calling the CDC out in their double speak -

United Airlines on Dallas Ebola patient: CDC 'has informed us that the patient said he flew part of his trip on United'; 'While the CDC states it is unnecessary for it or the airline to contact others who were on the patient's flights, United is providing information about the flights United believes the patient took, based on information provided by the CDC' - statement

www.breakingnews.com...

Why wouldn't it be of the utmost importance to contact other people that shared a flight with the patient!

edit on 1-10-2014 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join