It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I am sure that the CDC could not be so stupid unless heavily pay by the pharma pushing the vaccine, they have to be working behind close doors to localize all the people that were in the plane list to make sure they are not infected.

Because let face it, to tell in the news that it could be a hidden travelling infectious person among you will bring a mass hysteria.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Does not sound like a Liberian name?

OK team, get to the people searches and find out who he is...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Remember many Liberian are decedent of America slaves in the US that migrated to Liberia as exile when they became free slaves, so the name they have are mostly Christian names given to them by the slave owners and they have keep them within the families.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My prayers and empathy have already gone out to the CDC workers and investigators, to the healthcare providers now and in the future who will be working on this. It would be terrible to have this on ones shoulders.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I can only imagine knocking on somebody's door to inform them that they could be infected with ebola, that have to be the most frightening thing for the person been contacted.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They decontaminated the ambulance that was used to take him (back) to hospital, but only after they'd used it for two days to carry other patients. So apparently it took that long for the info to go up the chain then down again that "Hey, our Ebola patient was brought in by ambulance. Maybe we should decon it?"

Just brilliant, hey? Two days.

The ambulance crew is now under obs, apparently. As for the other places you asked about, I've no idea. I don't think they've said a whole lot about that yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

All the Airport personnel, the ones who clean the Planes and rest rooms, people traveling within the same planes at different junctions, a true and realistic search (obtaining samples) could get long legs, longer than they could handle.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I am pretty sure that if anybody got infected by the man from Liberia they will be showing symptoms by the end of the week.

I am very sad if children are involved specially school children and their classmates.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

And not so much for themselves either, I mean the first thought in anyone's mind would be who they may have infected.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I despise a the way the government works, but I would not be surprised if the man power is already on top of it, more than we realized.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I dont know you know? About the time I think they should be on top of things they surprise me with the bureaucratic stupidity and compartmentalization of major events to the point that the right hand does not see what the left is doing.

When push comes to shove we give them way too much power and that is why they strive for such secrecy, to hide their blunders and incompetency. I am not saying by any means there are not groups and individuals worth their weight in gold and that are doing everything possible, but the track record of those in the real high seats are not good for us regular people.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok, now I am reading more and more into the capabilities of ebola been airborne, that means transmittable while breathing in a room where is other people infected

While we are been told that is not, I am recapping what another poster said about that, only can be transmitted by animals.

Well, then if we are in a room and somebody sneezes and have ebola and I breath the particles he had released then I would become infected without touching the person.

Now I am not alarmist, but isn't that considered airborne?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The incubation period is 2 to 21 days. So, they don't have to show symptoms by the end of the week. Someone who had contact with him eg on Sunday (28th), such as the ambulance crew that took him to hospital, or family members or friends, might not show symptoms until well after the middle of this month.

On the other hand, they could already have become symptomatic by last Sunday or so as patient zero was infectious last Thursday. Or if in contact with him on Sunday but before he got isolated, they could be showing symptoms today. Two to twenty-one days is a wide time frame in the context of possible infectious spread.

About the children. I agree with you. Many children are already involved or have died. The only difference is that up to now, they have been in West Africa. But I don't see that as any less terrible than if it breaks out in the US, or eg Europe. Kids are kids and it's horrible to think of them suffering with something like this.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Can only star your post once, yet you KNOW as well as everyone reading this, that it is airborne. But unless they cough or sneeze there is still a chance but in all honesty, has anyone, anyone EVER taken a 19 hour flight and not coughed or sneezed?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I can not disagree with you, we all know our government record for blunders, corruption and bureaucracy, but I am sure that since the ebola got out of control in Africa we "should" at least have a team ready to tackle a spread in the US.

Unless is a more dark agenda behind the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Absolutely on the children and people worldwide.

As for the infectious stage, I am not buying it. That is like the ignoramuses at the public schools saying that a child is only infectious while in fever, bull!

We will find out more when this second case, the person who was in close contact with Patient Zero's story unfolds.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh, I don't think the CDC suffers from stupidity. I'm sure they are doing everything to locate the people Patient Z came in contact with; I feel sure that the CDC groaned when they learned about the Dallas nurse who triaged (I'm guessing here) Patient Z and sent him home, reportedly with an antibiotic rx for a viral condition. But I haven't found a satisfactory answer as to why the CDC has not advised the airlines about Patient Z's travel paths. If I had been on a flight to DFW, I would not be comforted by the announcement that Patient Z wasn't likely contagious until symptoms had presented. Not all patients react to symptoms the same way. Some folks just keep on going until the batteries run down. I would like to have that knowledge, just so I could isolate myself and not be a Typhoid Mary for my region.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I guess we will be hearing more about this patient and anybody that he has gotten infected soon enough, specially if children are involved in school years, I used to work for the school system few years ago, I can tell that when one child gets sick is like a chain reactions.

Horrible to even think about ebola like that.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well we have kept our eyes open for something like this for years and have read all of the manuals and protocols for an event like this as a worst case scenario. So there are continuity plans in place now better than ever in past history, but just saying that I hold little faith in that trickle down reaching us before the wait and see period gets its clutches in too deep to turn it around.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I agree, I can only thing that the CDC and the government are trying to avoid a influx of people into hospitals that do not need to be there to begin with.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join