It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Over 100 healthcare workers now being tracked by the CDC and other heath care services. Tom Straiten from the CDC stated on public TV. He said they have been "interviewed" and will be checking their temps for up to 21 days.
edit on pm1031pmWed, 01 Oct 2014 18:22:00 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A thread must be opened for this issue.

First hand reports will be so important to make viral what the CDC is holding back to stave off rumor and gossip.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

In a pattern often seen here in Monrovia, the Liberian capital, the family of the woman, Marthalene Williams, 19, took her by taxi to a hospital with Mr. Duncan’s help on Sept. 15 after failing to get an ambulance, said her parents, Emmanuel and Amie Williams. She was convulsing and seven months pregnant, they said.

Turned away from a hospital for lack of space in its Ebola treatment ward, the family said it took Ms. Williams back home in the evening, and that she died hours later, around 3 a.m.

Mr. Duncan, who was a family friend and also a tenant in a house owned by the Williams family, rode in the taxi in the front passenger seat while Ms. Williams, her father and her brother, Sonny Boy, shared the back seat, her parents said. Mr. Duncan then helped carry Ms. Williams, who was no longer able to walk, back to the family home that evening, neighbors said.

“He was holding her by the legs, the pa was holding her arms and Sonny Boy was holding her back,” said Arren Seyou, 31, who witnessed the scene and occupies the room next to Mr. Duncan’s.

Sonny Boy, 21, also started getting sick about a week ago, his family said, around the same time that Mr. Duncan first started showing symptoms.

In a sign of how furiously the disease can spread, an ambulance had come to their house on Wednesday to pick up Sonny Boy. Another ambulance picked up a woman and her daughter from the same area, and a team of body collectors came to retrieve the body of yet another woman — all four appeared to have been infected in a chain reaction started by Marthalene Williams.

A few minutes after the ambulance left, the parents got a call telling them that Sonny Boy had died on the way to the hospital.

edit on 1-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Most people believe if they ignore it that it will not effect them. Add to that the apathy and you get our country today.

What how much hell one of those people raises if they get sick though.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So he was staying in an apartment building. If I lived there I would be so scared. He could have touched doors, door handles, mailboxes, railings, etc... They said when the ambulance came to get him he was outside throwing up. So I wonder if and who cleaned up that gross mess of bodily fluid? Something like that can easily get on your shoes and tracked back into your apartment without you even knowing it. Then get on your hands when you remove and put your shoes on again.

They keep saying it isn't airborne but I'd still be worried about that. Apartments share walls, floors and vents. I once had a neighbor who smoked pot and I did not. It always smelled like he was in my apartment smoking. It would seep through the walls. It would really bother me cause it stinks and my job randomly drug tested. I would be afraid the illness could travel the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

Oh my goodness that is awful!

I suppose we will have to wait a few weeks to see how bad it is going to get...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Schoolchildren exposed in US Ebola scare: Texas governor Rick Perry reveals fears for kids and says 18 Americans may have virus after hospital sent infected man home

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z3EwKbTLDB

Found this - posted on 30/09/14

edit on 5531pmWed, 01 Oct 2014 18:45:55 -050001000000553122 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Over 100 healthcare workers now being tracked by the CDC and other heath care services. Tom Straiten from the CDC stated on public TV. He said they have been "interviewed" and will be checking their temps for up to 21 days.

Oi this is going to be really bad. Isn't it.

How about the people who were in the room after him? Or bathroom?

If it takes 21 days for symptoms to show up, shall we begin a countdown? People have a tendency to forget quickly.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Let no forget that they would not want to have hospitals ER full of people complaining about thinking of been infected.

The more I read on the whereabouts of the man from Liberia, the more I have to agree with those that believe he knew he was going to be infected and still decided to bring the infection here to the US, can we blame him?, yes in a way, I bet those innocent people that could get infected will be upset about what this man did, but If I was in his shoes I would have demanded to be admitted in the hospital once I knew I was sick, no going around spreading the disease and letting the hospital dismiss him like they did.

Is a lot of people, government included that should be blamed for this.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I thought big aliens would kill us off . Now its gonna be smaller and undetectable alien live forms who gonna get us...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I thought big aliens would kill us off . Now its gonna be smaller and undetectable alien live forms who gonna get us...

This is not going to be the one buddy... it will be the genetically engineered common cold that has a cocchi type of wall.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes we can blame him.

The fact is he made a decision. He took the easy wrong over the hard right.

He has a cowards heart and as a result he infected his GF (wife?) and her (their?) children. Not to mention the untold millions he put at risk.

One man is to blame for this coming to America at this point. Everything else is a result of the decision he made.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Man, if only I could type the face I'm making right now.
A mix of "holy crap," sheer disgust, and deer in headlights...

You know TPTB are playing with out lives... mm hmm

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara
Tonight at the grocery, my son saw quite a few people buying bottled water in bulk. This is a "head in the sand" sort of town, so the bottled water is a surprising development, one I hadn't expected to see until the news worsened. But I'm glad to see that people are alert and looking ahead.. even those who aren't lucky enough to get early bird news on ats.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The TSA is more worried about your toothpaste tube and shoes than checking for sick people from a Ebola infection area in Africa.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

I wonder if the children the patient was exposed to were his children or relatives' children? I can't imagine why a grown man would have close contact with children for any other reason unless he was a teacher.

If the children are not related to him and if he is not a teacher then it is very strange and suspicious for him to be around children.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is a possible second Ebola patient now.

DALLAS — Health officials are closely monitoring a possible second Ebola patientwho had close contact with the first person to be diagnosed in the U.S., the director of Dallas County's health department said Wednesday.

source

Still catching up on my reading. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windwaker

"Mr Duncan's family are among up to 18 people being monitored after exposure to the man along with the ambulance crew who transported him to hospital."

I don't think he was in contact with 18 kids, just that there is some kids in his family 18 people.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Yeah. I got those same type of reactions when I talked about the ongoing spread of the virus in July. I've learned to stop talking about it since then. Many people just can't handle this reality. They are fully aware of what's going on but they don't want to talk about it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think this man knew right away that he had a high chance of having Ebola and that's why he decided to come to the U.S.

He wanted to get treated here.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join