It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Climate Change is Entirely Man-Made

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My gut feeling is that Earth has a feedback system to buffer temperature changes. Too much extraneous heat from any source, and she'll belch enough noxious gases and ash to cool the system for a few millenia.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: marg6043

But we're talking about the future of the planet here!

How is buying yourself out of polluting going to solve the crisis?

C'mon Beez, it's always been about maximizing one's (the corporation's)
revenue. It wouldn't be buying your way out of being penalized for a
bad habit, nearly as much as bribing one's self out of the taxation.
I think it'll shake out about the same as Oblam-me-Careless... the
"penalty" is better than the plan: in almost any possible incarnation.

At the alternative I'm sidin' with that dark fuzzy Hammond guy dakoopa:
I love me someadat RegurgiTwentyone. In D, and with Bloomfield on a gid.
I AM that old, and that was a session for the ages.

A cynical approach good sir.

Why isn't anyone really trying to save the planet???

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The private interest financing the Global warming are after a new profitable way to make money after the big housing market crash.

Do you know that the global warming agenda originated in Europe, since 2005 is been enforced by regulators, the reason it has not hit US full force is because the oil industry will no stand to lose its hold for the carbon credit market at least no yet.

But the banks are all for it, see when in the last 9 years the CO2 scam has turn into a 70 billion market now the greedy bastards wants part of it here in the US.

What that has accomplished? no a darn thing. But creating the next biggest bubble that will kill once and for all the worlds economy, if this scam is allowed to be influence in US by policy makers with deep pockets on the banking system.

Seven firm that sells carbon credit to polluters got raided for scamming in EU.

Under a basic cap-and-trade scheme, if a company’s
carbon emissions fall below a set allowance, that company can sell the
difference — in the form of credits — to other companies
that exceed their limits. Another fast-growing voluntary model is carbon
offsets. In this global market, a set of middlemen companies, called offset
firms, estimate a company’s emissions and then act as brokers by
offering opportunities to invest in carbon-reducing projects around the world.
Unlike carbon trading, offsetting isn’t yet government regulated in most
countries; it’s up to buyers to verify a project’s
environmental worth. In theory, for every ton of C02 emitted, a
company can buy certificates attesting that the same amount of greenhouse gas
was removed from the atmosphere through renewable energy projects such as tree
planting.

www.cbsnews.com...

'Callous' firms in carbon credit scam shut down

www.bbc.com...

We don't need a one world government for these, the Markets and the banks will control the scam.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

But that doesn't change the fact that global climate change is underway!

Basically, they are re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic instead of stopping it sinking!

What are they doing to stop the changes already under way?

Great thread, Beezer. I used to be on the fence on this whole "Climate Change/ Global Warming" thing until I took a look around me worldwide and not just here in the US. The trick with Global Warming is some places are warmer than normal and some places are cooler; it's hard to convince people in the cooler places. The problem as I see it is to undo man's effect on the Climate means that we'd have to quit certain systems put in place-cold turkey. However, countries have infrastructure(s) put in place that depend on these same systems; we'd have to destroy the systems we depend on and completely enact a new system. That's my 2 cents.......

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm seeing greed.

Corruption.

Games by the elite.

Carbon "shell games" by banks.

Not one damned solution.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Everyone is afraid of the cure, too many are profiting from the disease.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm seeing greed.

Corruption.

Games by the elite.

Not one damned solution.

It would lead a rational person to believe that there is no solution, because there is no real problem!
But, look at the money that's been made, already! All they have to do is continue the charade until it's accepted as fact, and continue to rake it in!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'm seeing greed.

Corruption.

Games by the elite.

Not one damned solution.

No solution?

Maybe that's because there's no climate problem to solve in the first place.

Everything is an illusion.

Everything is fabricated.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

Everyone is afraid of the cure, too many are profiting from the disease.

I hope it's not too late. I'm noticing an apparent inundation of viruses. Warm weather related?.......

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well, India and China have a valid complaint. Seeing as how the US, and to a lesser degree Western Europe, have emitted about 75% of the total green house gasses over the last 150 years or so and are unwilling to drastically cut back on their emissions while insisting that India and China do, they have a valid point.

India and China are just as entitled as the US and the West to develop a higher standard of living for their citizens as is the rest of the, so called third world.

What the US and, to a lesser degree, the industrialed West is saying to these countries is "We used ptup most of the energy stored in oil and coal and degraded our climate horribly but you have to cut back on your energy use so that we can continue to live in a profligate manner."

What the West needs to do is lead by example (as Germany is) and help these countries development abundant renewable energy sources (as China is doing).

It's called simple fairness, dudes. We raped the planet without a second thought and want others to pay the price (Now that's what I call externalizing costs - but you what - you can't externalize moral costs even christians, I believe are responsible for their actions).

link   

I'm beginning to see that government(s) don't want climate change to end.

They don't care about the environment.
They don't care about the future.

They just want to have more control and authority and taxes.

Is there any hope for the planet?

Remember, I'm operating under the assumption that man-made climate change is real and is happening now.

The only hope for the planet IMO would be to run a hologram
of Rod Serling with that almost stub Winston in his fingers
walking up to the Prez Podium at the next WH conference:
and repeating that gorgeous lead-in:

"Imagine if you will a world run by psychopaths." In order for
the world to change it must be jarred awake. That may do it
unless the PTB cut the network.

It's been done for Shep Smith...
interviewing that 12 year old girl eyewitness to South Ossetia.
We'll be right back as soon as the pain in my abdomen subsides.
But I digress since even a steel toe in the bunnies are NFG.

On the other hand I haven't watched that podium with any
part of my upper brain operating since '09, it hurts too much.
Nah, all hope is gone. Unless Slipknot commits to two more CDs.

link   

Occurs is not a solution because the whole scam is to keep the people thinking that they are to save the earth, but how can you save the earth when the private interest is swapping credits like derivatives with big polluters to keep polluting while making money and taxing us the common people.

I see states getting in the carbon tax bandwagon at the expenses of the consumers in order to make profits and no depend soo much on the federal government for grants.

This is like playing roulette with others peoples money but with one difference we the common people will get nothing back but the promise of a "greener earth" one day in a far, far away future.

That if, the scam doesn't collapse the markets eventually.

edit on 29-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The last post was total brilliance Marg. But with the banks
being the government already, and BIS the Top Dog (Rothschild)
there would only be a redundancy, if not the projecto "wizard"
and flash pots out there in front. Baggage. We'll just have to
face reality, accept the curtainless slavery and save a few bucks.

I also love people so greedy they blow off a toe or two.

edit on 29-9-2014 by derfreebie because: Carbon what? I haven't had a car in almost 22 years.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Start looking for a new planet.

Besides that, the only way would be artificial carbon sequestration. Capture as much carbon as is possible from any unnatural source and store it.

Carbon is needed for life to form and function, right?

After sequestering all of that unnatural carbon, send it off to Mars... get an early start on terraforming.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
From the perspective of TPTB, climate change of any type affects real estate, and nobody knows what the effects could be.

TPTB need to control all of the real estate in the world, so as to move in on the best places as soon as the effects are manifested.

TPTB also own most of the ocean front property and will want to be subsidized should global warming inundate them.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Thanks, remember the propaganda behind the public statement that the Rockefellers were to take their investments away from oil where they made their fortunes and invest in green initiatives, guess what, what people forgot is that the Rothschild and the Rockefellers partner together recently to control earth resources because they are all for the carbon tax credit markets.

These people are not in the business of investing for the good of the world, they are for the good of their own coffers.

Lord Rothschild, chairman of RIT, added, “The creation of this partnership with the Rockefeller family is truly historic. We look forward to the development of our joint investment activities across the global capital markets.”

www.trueactivist.com...

I try to see the whole thing with the pushing of Global warming and carbon tax for what it is an investment to make money, it has nothing to do with saving the earth at least for the profiteers but for the common people they are all been con to believe that is for the good of the earth.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hey.
Women helped with this too. Don't put all the blame on us men.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

For the purpose of this thread, I will caveat that Global-Climate-Change is entirely man-made.

Well, in a nutshell, no. But we are adding to what the Earth can normally handle over a period of time.

There are approximately 1,500 active volcanoes worldwide. At any given year, 60-70 are actively erupting.

An abnormal increase in actively erupting volcanoes, would completely overshadow anything we have ever done, but what we are doing to the environment presently, adds to it significantly, and that is why we are seeing a more rapid change.

It's all about extremes. This one, we can do something about, but it is just a matter of time before good old M.N. puts out something you could never control, and if you think about that, it would be a long time before we could muster the pollutants to threaten it again.
edit on 29-9-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well we all polluters and that is the truth, the fact that we all "emit nitrogen, Hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane that are all produced in the gut and contribute 74% of the volume of flatus in normal subjects" in a daily basics into the air is reason enough for the government to tax our emissions.

Or perhaps we can buy and sell credits for farts in the markets.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Don't forget the underwater volcanoes.

I think there's more of those than anything man-made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join