It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Climate Change is Entirely Man-Made

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I want to first, thank everyone for their replies.

I've learned much in this thread. Basically, I've learned that the solutions may not necessarily be global take-over, or even high taxes.

Simple things we can all do every day can make a difference.

And even if climate change isn't man-made, those simple things we can do would make a positive impact where we live, regardless.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

True dat.

Beyond the bickering and hyperbole, a rare sane discussion on the subject usually just comes back to this:

Thanks for starting one.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The answer is they don't care because they know that man made CO2 isn't doing #. They just want more control over the people and the money.

DUH...

Jaden

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Because I'm not paying any more taxes or giving up any more of my freedom to politicians who just want to be paid more.

You truly believe they actually care? Or will actually use the money efficiently and effectively?

Waste of time, that's why.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Global warming is here said Chicken Little, the Little Red hen says that's a load of Twalop. Isn't Florida supposed to be under 3 feet of water by now? Have you seen recent pictures of the Antarctic ice Cap? It appears to have grown substantially. Its a government mechanism to gain control of our wallets. Our climate always cycles through periods of warming and cooling,humans always prosper during the periods of warmth. Its the variable output of the sun and the tilt of the earth that determines our temperature. In a few years we will be paying out the Ying Yang because the Coal plants will be closed and the mini Ice age will have us in its grip.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

Regardless as to validity of man-made climate change, alternative fuels, recycling, would be a good thing to embrace.

I'd buy an affordable electric car personally.
I already compost and recycle.
I'd support more nuclear power plants, alternative sources of energy.

And I'm one of the biggest a##hole-conservatives on this site!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Please explain how the entire solar system is heating up ain't nobody on the other planets.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

Please explain how the entire solar system is heating up ain't nobody on the other planets.

I can't. The premise of this thread was not to debate the validity of global-climate-change.

The purpose was to discuss the solutions based on the assumption that man-made climate change is real.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I can't. The premise of this thread was not to debate the validity of global-climate-change.

The purpose was to discuss the solutions based on the assumption that man-made climate change is real.

The solution is to reduce the worlds pop down to less than a few million. Kill all the polluters. That would be the easiest way.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

A draconian solution along the same lines as a one-world government.

Surprisingly though, I saw practical solutions that would apply regardless whether man-made climate change was authentic.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

would be the easiest way create a virus that only the NWO leaders and a select few have the antidote kill the rest off and blame it on nature

edit on 1-10-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

would be the easiest way create a virus that only the NWO leaders and a select few have the antidote kill the rest off and blame it on nature

Like Ebola. . . . ?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Have you not read the carbon dating? Gregg Braden ahs a couple videos explaining climate change very well.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If the government actually gave a damn solar freakin' roadways would be under construction by now! In the US it is said that the solar roadways can provide 3 times the amount of energy you guys use! 3 flaming times! Not to mention the other benefits that come with it, the ability to heat the roads in the winter, water filtration system and road markings.

So... It is quite obvious they don't give a damn...

The thought of a "world government" makes me want to puke in my mouth though XD

I mean yeah, governments are doing sooo well around the globe, lets give them even more power! That's the ticket! Bleh!

I think what the climate change advocates or worry worts should do is first and foremost lead by example! Do not buy anything mass produced! Do not travel in cars, planes, busses... Don't use anything electrical or even solar powered as you know, those solar panels have to be made etc... Oh and also, I think they should breath a lot lot less... THEN and only then, I might begin to take them seriously

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

according to this chart India is not such a big problem.....may the US and China should have a competition to see which country can be the first to reduce its pollution to as much as India produces

in all seriousness get rid of money and the current hierarchy system...replace it with a system that makes people want to strive for a better cleaner world....a world where people help each other for the benefit of ourselves and the planet,where we work collectively for the same goal

first we have to change the way we think...at this point profit is the drive behind..well pretty much everything

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I just saw this, and I apologize for jumping in late.

Climate change is entirely man made? Sounds like something 1st graders would say.

Climate change has existed since the advent of atmosphere on our planet.

It is ignorant to the Nth degree to suggest that the climate was stable until man made his appearance and started burning carbon fuel. No...it's stupid to the Nth degree.

Horribly sorry to burst the ballon that is this OP. There are absolutely zero facts that support this conclusion.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I don't remember the last time I had seen such a knee jerk reaction to a hypothetical question.

It makes me wonder if you understood the OP.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The title is not stated as a question, and I did read your post and replied.

This is not a knee jerk reaction at all. I have been posting on the co2 man made stuff for the last several weeks.

Unless your title and original post are miss stated, then I assume the discussion is around whether or not climate change is man made, which is ridiculous any way you look at it. I did not take it that you were sold on that, so don't get me wrong. I replied to your OP, since you started the discussion, and stated my position quite clearly. There are people who ignorantly believe that climate change is man made....that the climate was in balance until we started spewing co2 and other GHGs. That is utter nonsense.

Here is a graph to peruse, which will demonstrate clearly enough that climate change is not man made. Not only that, but we are in an ice age and are currently experiencing an interglacial period. One should note that our interglacial period is approaching the end, as indicated by historical measures, and yet we have not yet reached the peaks in temperatures experienced in previous interglacial periods. Furthermore once a peak is reached, it is normally followed by, geologically speaking, rapid global cooling.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The purpose of this thread was not to debate the validity of man-made climate change, it was to look at the solutions avaliable to stop it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The purpose of this thread was not to debate the validity of man-made climate change, it was to look at the solutions avaliable to stop it.

Was it's purpose also a red herring?

:-)

(How do you stop something that isn't real?)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join