It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I think we get that you hate all muslims by now.

You should realise that makes you as fundamentalist as ISIS.

You are no better.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think a clearer comparison would be between the German population and the Nazi during and after WWII rather than the Jews and the build up to WWII.

After all, all Germans paid the price for the crimes of the Nazi war effort. It took decades for there to be "good" Germans again. Even today the two are the same thing in the minds of some people (especially in the movies).

The issue I see is when a radical Muslim kills a reporter and is then killed himself, the Islamophiles climb over themselves to scream about a "war on Islam". Never mentioning the "war on the west" that is being waged both inside and outside our societies.
edit on 28-9-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: kitzik

I think we get that you hate all muslims by now.

You should realise that makes you as fundamentalist as ISIS.

You are no better.

I have purposefully only read certain portions of this thread, for the above reasons.
I suggest that it is important reading, as a sort of temperature taking of our current conditions, as a species…..
If we've learned so little from the past, what different do we expect to happen?

I have to say, I'm one of those who usually think we're living through controlled augmentation to bring about certain desired results, by those who control the augmentations….
However, once realizing this as a possibility, we all have the option to fight hatred, prejudice, disinformation, etc….or just go along with it. If you're going along with it, then I have to wonder, and perhaps we all should…..
Not that I know that very much about anything, but given the chance to hate, judge, etc., or not, I'd elect to not. But that's just me.
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do not all Muslims read the Koran?
It is the same book right?
Does it not tell them to do something to the infidels??

Just sayin.....

Any religion or cult that tells its members to kill none believers is wrong in my book.
Maybe you like the idea but I for one do not.
I place value on all life, not just the ones that think the way I do...

As stated before, flip the coin..
Muslims = Nazi

It is a matter of perspective, yet we do not blame all for the deeds of one or some.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18470889]neformore/post]
Yes because we the West are always to make consessions to people who would cut your head off on tv while your family begs for your life. Higher standard my ass how about we occupy all of the middle east and take their resources until they can see it our way
edit on 28-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: [post=18470889]neformore/post]
Yes because we the West are always to make consessions to people who would cut your head off on tv while your family begs for your life. Higher standard my ass how about we occupy all of the middle east and take their resources until they can see it our way

And you're really going to tell me that you don't see how we might have helped create that situation?
tetra

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Do not all Muslims read the Koran?
It is the same book right?
Does it not tell them to do something to the infidels??

Just sayin.....

Any religion or cult that tells its members to kill none believers is wrong in my book.
Maybe you like the idea but I for one do not.
I place value on all life, not just the ones that think the way I do...

As stated before, flip the coin..
Muslims = Nazi

It is a matter of perspective, yet we do not blame all for the deeds of one or some.

But no one seems to get hereabouts, the response to the original grievance is really the same, making you the same….that's the whole point.
Every organized religion, not faith, but organized religion, has a tendency to do just what you describe.
I don't advocate beheading, or the actions of a fundamentalist small sect….don't misunderstand. Your power, simply, is in your response…..

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

I would welcome somebody living by the "Five Pillars of Islam" into my community as fast as I would someone living by the "Golden Rule" of Christianity.

Both cults have the blood of millions on their hands. Both killed unbelievers. One simply changed with the times and became a worldwide Ponzi scheme and the other remained stagnant in the middle ages.

The main problem is there are people that do not live "by the Book" as it were. The take the bits and pieces they want to use for themselves and ignore the rest. That is called the perversion of religion is it not?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

But thats the problem. People do. Thats what this thread is about.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

you said some extremely important things, there. First, as attends to perspective. And I don't really want to get into that, because it's limited, as is perspective.

But yes, we actually DO blame all for the deeds of one or some. And we live in times where people think they know those deeds, when they might really not. Let's say I give you in one country some information, and then I give someone else in another country, entirely different information….

See how that changes the whole "perspective?"

Surely, in this place, this is realized?
Regards,
tetra
eta: Not to mention the fact, that certain powerful entities think the way to "unite" the populace is to give them a common enemy.
Now, I'm no fan of waking up every morning to videos, supposed, of people losing their heads….or even never mind that, being held in captivity….but with? Surely it's become obvious there is seriously something controlling the outflow and reaction, at this point. Surely this is obvious. And if we don't reach a common grasp of that, and deal with it in an even handed manner, then we truly are lost.
OP used certain phrases in her OP to illustrate a point, and most of the posters have simply proved her point, making us all seem lost as a species, imho.

edit on 28-9-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

The OP is speaking about people like YOU who think no different than the German people in Hitler's days

No that is retarded. He made no such claim. You assume much and read very little. AND this is why I hate these sort of threads /mindset.

He most certainly compared the supposed hate and persecution of modern Muslims to that of Jews of WW2. That is not even debatable. That is the entire premise of the argument.

YOU need to relax and read slowly.

EDIT TO ADD:
No one is going to open up dialogue calling people ignorant and hateful because those people are sick of seeing certain groups get a free pass just because its suddenly cool to defend the underdog. I only spoke of radical Muslims, people who murder and commit horrible acts of cruelty...yet we have reactionary idiots comparing people like me to Nazis. THAT is why I say this is counterproductive.

I HATE murderers, rapists and thieves. I dont care what their faith or race is. The only way to call them by name other than using their individual millions of personal names is to say "radical Muslims" in this case. If the fact that I say "Muslim" at all offends you then I dont even care any more. You are insane to even take issue with that.

edit on 9 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The Christian Bible also says kill non believers. So Christians are just as bad as Muslims by your own admission.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I don't think the radical Jews were going around killing and beheading Germans, giving orders to kill any non Jewish person in any way possible...

The propaganda against these muslims is justified in every way possible. The radical muslims want to behead any non believer, while the moderate muslims want the radical muslims to behead any non believer. Until I hear more of the moderate muslims speaking out, I'm not giving into the religion of "peace" crap.

Comparing 1930's innocent Jews to evil muslims that are slaughtering thousands...Kind of a huge difference there, guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The Christian Bible also says kill non believers. So Christians are just as bad as Muslims by your own admission.

That's a lie. Does or did the Christian leader (Jesus) murder anyone?

1 John 3 and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

What religious leaders did though?

guilt by association
phrase of guilt
guilt ascribed to someone not because of any evidence but because of their association with an offender.

Romans 6 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey
edit on 28-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Not all muslims are terrorists. But all terrorists are muslim.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Honestabe28

Thanks for giving us a perfect example of what I was talking about in my OP.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

you forgot the opportunists. (IE; people who didn't really believe the nazi party line, in fact possibly had personal disagreements with it, but figured that acting from within the party would make it easier to do what they wanted to do, IE: moderate reforms)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I suggest that maybe you re-read the OP, and maybe try and comprehend it.

Failing that, check out my other posts in the thread, because I did try and simply what I was saying for someone who had similar reading/comprehension difficulties earlier.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Thanks for giving us a perfect example of what I was talking about in my OP.

After a lot of reading, I think you're being baited.
So sad, regardless.
regards

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami

originally posted by: tavi45

That's a lie. Does or did the Christian leader (Jesus) murder anyone?

1 John 3 and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

What religious leaders did though?

guilt by association
phrase of guilt
guilt ascribed to someone not because of any evidence but because of their association with an offender.

Romans 6 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey

originally posted by: cuckooold
a reply to: KJVBible

Bible quotes about killing.

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

And many many more verses about killing people, and the (insane) rationale behind it. I think those who believe the Koran full of commands to kill unbelievers would do well to read the Christian Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join