It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SLAYER69

And there are a lot more people than the ones in the thread, now aren't there. Or are they the only ones that matter?

I'm sorry I missed your reply

In the end..

Whats been shown to be a real time threat?

A Hypothetical potential for a Kristallnacht type situation which hasn't happened or beheadings by Muslim Extremists which is real and has already happened quite a few times.

Are all Muslims guilty or responsible?

No, of course not.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

A Hypothetical potential for a Kristallnacht type situation which hasn't happened or beheadings by Muslim Extremists which is real and has already happened quite a few times.

The correct wording but the wrong idea imo. It hasn't "happened", it's "happening" now. You do a lot of research. Are you telling me that you aren't seeing the demonization Muslims in your efforts?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Which is why I think we all should be using the French term for the Islamic State of Daesh

Daesh clearly differentiates the crazies from the "good",

Daesh means bigots who want to force everyone to believe as they do

IS-ISIS is engaging the blessed task of creating a Caliphate...a high religious exercise

calling them 'Daesh' is a decidedly Western point-of-view

the Caliphate in It's infancy at present evens issues a glossy 4 color, top notch magazine called "Dabiq"

Arabic sources tell us:
“The use of Dabiq by ISIS is symbolic of the major historical event at Dabiq, it is the name of the battle the Ottomans won which paved the way for their occupation of Iraq and the Levant for more than four centuries, as well as being the springboard for the Islamic armies to fight the Rum (Romans) in their quest for world domination.”

in this case the past world-power was the Rum , Romans... which today includes the Western powers including the EU, USA, Australia

The Battle of Marj Dābiq (Arabic: مرج دابق‎) as we all learned as children was the most decisive military clash in Middle Eastern history (1516 AD) near the town of Dabiq, 44 km north of Aleppo, Syria between the Ottoman Empire and the Mamluk Sultanate.

The mention of Dabiq to ISIS and Turkey reveals more than just history, but also eschatology of invading Egypt for a grand future victory for Erdogan’s ultimate dream to revive the sick man of Europe. Dabiq is reverting back the clock to when Sultan Selim I (King of the North) of the Ottomans had just pushed back and vanquished the Safavid Persians (The biblical Bear) at the Battle of Chaldiran in 1514—and turned their full might against the Mamluks, who ruled in Syria and Egypt (The biblical kingdom of the south) to complete the Ottoman conquest of the Middle East.

source: shoebat.com...

good Muslim, bad Muslim does not apply...unless one sits as the conqueror of Islam & subjucator of all Muslims...
No.... the global-leadership by a Western moral-&-ethical paradigm is being replaced...

the West no longer ' Rules-the-Waves'
that is the nexus we are all facing...We call IS-ISIS 'Daesh', they see themselves as engaging in a Blessed formation of a Caliphate which is direct opposition to the Western moral (judeo-christian) paradigm of social structure

MaximosPoena
this earlier post

originally posted by: St Udio a reply to: neformore
from myself tried to reveal this flaw of thinking...
edit on th30141192366628012014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30141192374028022014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So, show me where the mass rounding up of Muslims have occured or the forcing them into quarded ghettos? Their right to vote, or own businesses have been removed based on their Religious views or even them being forced to wear the star and half moon arm patch?

Becuase if this thread is really going to go there then let's not half ass it.

I see and have read much fear-phobia about what might hypotehtically occur.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The correct wording but the wrong idea imo. It hasn't "happened", it's "happening" now. You do a lot of research. Are you telling me that you aren't seeing the demonization Muslims in your efforts?

I've done much reading and research, I see much in the way of people ignoring beheadings and are more preoccupied with how this may impact Islams rep as apposed to correcting the issues.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Are you telling me that you aren't seeing the demonization Muslims in your efforts?

I cannot speak for others, but I do not see Muslims being demonised in anything other than the reactionary tabloid press. These tabloid people do the knee jerk when UKIP (in the UK) open their mouths, or a celebrity gains weight!

What I do see is the establishment bending over backwards not to offend Muslim sensibilities. Over the last couple of decades in the UK this politically correct positioning has led to a situation whereby gangs of Muslim men have abused and exploited mainly white girls. Cover-up and fear to tackle the situation.

If the press felt freer to report, or the establishment act, without a liberal minority playing the race card, we would have a more grown up debate today.

Far from Muslims being demonised, I think they are protected.

Regards

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So you see no concerted effort by media to demonize Muslims then?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I think reporting what is actually happening doesn't count as trying to 'demonize'.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's not about Islams reputation.

Its about our humanity, and humanity as a whole.

If we descend to the same level as the fundementalists, we are no better. If we seek to demonise the innocent and cannot differentiate between those who want a peaceful life and those who act like animals, then we are no better than the animals. We would become just as fundamental as those we want to condem.

If some idiot wants to cut someones head off, then fine, he has what's coming to him.

But the guy who owns the store down the street, who just wants his wife and kids to be happy and prosperous - he doesn't deserve to be hated just because his religion is different.

My observations of what I've read, both on and off ATS are that people aren't just looking at the idiots, they are looking at all muslims and tarnishing them with the same brush. Thats foolhardy at best and downright dangerous at worst and thats what the OP is about.

edit on 28/9/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

This thread reminds me of this...

www.youtube.com...

I hope this link works

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

When the Media reports Israel bombing Palestinian schools is it a concerted effort to demonize them or simply report what they've done?

I can't believe I'm rationalizing this to you.

* I totally mistrust the Media

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vaibow123

This thread reminds me of this...

www.youtube.com...

I hope this link works

Holy crap. That woman is my new hero.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vaibow123

I think that video typifies exactly what my post is about.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When the Media reports Israel bombing Palestinian schools is it a concerted effort to demonize them or simply report what they've done?

You didn't answer my question...again. I can wait through the obfuscation.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: vaibow123

I think that video typifies exactly what my post is about.

That your post ignores reason and logic and panders to the more politically correct among us?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Or, you could answer the member's perfectly valid post. I'll be waiting for that.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh the obfuscation in this thread has been very apparent.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

No. It shows an Islamophobe wanting to spread hate pandering to an ignorant audience.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying in alot of the OP. I do not know if the media is demonizing anyone, but probably reporting what will get hits. Im not big on major media anyways.

I do think comparing it to Kristilnacht is more of a stretch and a bit sensational. I think alot of posters have covered it well here so I wont regurgitate what they have already said.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: TechniXcality

You do realise that Goebbels would be proud of that line, don't you?

Unless you knew Goebbels personally, you can't say that.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join