It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran denial letter for moving to Colorado....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Can't copy paste from iPad so I'll give a synopsis of what's written uNader the video.

4 deployments to Iraq army vet. Allegedly suffers dementia, seizures, uncontrollable body movement disorder facial grimacing dystonia confusion nightmares and tremors.

They moved to Colorado for medical care and the vet cut them off of disability.

Now I have a few questions....

I've met a lot of vets especially when I was in the military and some of them had seen many tours and been in a lot of combat and non of them came even close to this level of disability. PTSD, yes, but seizures and dementia and everything else?

Seems like an act to me... Can anyone prove disprove? Maybe the vet is right?

Is the vet wrong? Is this happening to a lot of vets or is this a special case?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I moved from TX to FL to NC to FL then back to NC, NEVER lost my benefits
There is something else going on here

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
That's what I thought.

I saw their post on Facebook trying to raise money.

I was going to say something figured I would see what someone else says.

Nothing I despise more then some scumbags taking advantage of a system meant for people who really deserve it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I would bet money on them cutting his benefits because of the legalization of Marijuana in Colorado. Veterans should be the last people to ever have any benefits cut, period.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Something else is going on here, because you don't lose them by moving from one state to another. I would like to know what he did in the military. Because i have seen weird clusters of strange diseases in military personel. I've seen stories of several crew members of the same ship all getting MS. I have a relative who was in the navy and got a full 100% from getting MS while in the US Navy. He loaded munitions on a Carrier, and dealt with depleted uranium shells, and other stuff. When it happened to him i started looking up stuff, and found weird clusters of groups of military people who served in the middle east coming back and getting weird diseases, or syndroms. So maybe this is what happened to this guy, and the whole thing could just be one big mixup. Because as we know the VA is not exactly the best run organization.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Veteran disability is a lifetime benefit. The government doesn't cut you off later in your life from it, especially for something as benign as moving to a different state. There has to be something else going on here.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kdyam
You can move to any state and keep your benefits. You might be right maybe he used his benefits to buy pot, maybe the VA is testing for it in Colorado. As little as they give people why waste it on drugs just drink a few beers.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

To answer your question: Because marijuana is healthier and more beneficial for you than beer is, which isn't beneficial at all (except maybe for drinking one a day)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

Alchohol and PTSD don't mix.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Another thought provoking post. Having watched the vid, there is definitely something wrong with him or he's a great actor. Watching his hands during the vid, it looked to me (and I'm no Doctor) that he may be suffering from MS or some other neuron type disease.

I know a Special Forces Soldier about a decade back or so died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. (Mad Cow) because he ate local food while deployed.

Could this be part of the symptoms?
www.emedicinehealth.com...-jakob_disease_sympto ms_and_signs

And if memory serves correct, it can't actually be diagnosed until the autopsy.

I'm sure Soficrow would have some insight.

But cutting him off is beyond unconscionable. I think that the Admin knows their is nothing they can do for him and just left him out to hang until he dies. Regardless of his ailment, he still deserves care.
edit on 26-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm thinking more like hes losing his benefits because he got them fraudulently; that is, if you get a less then honorable discharge, you dont get them. If he told them he got an honorable discharge and he altered his papers and they discovered it, he would automatically lose them.
There are a slew of other reasons, I'll ask a contact I have that works in the VA for reasons you'd lose your bennies for.

ETA: MY question is what CAUSED his condition, TBI? IED?
edit on 9/26/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I'm thinking more like hes losing his benefits because he got them fraudulently; that is, if you get a less then honorable discharge, you dont get them. If he told them he got an honorable discharge and he altered his papers and they discovered it, he would automatically lose them.
There are a slew of other reasons, I'll ask a contact I have that works in the VA for reasons you'd lose your bennies for.

I've tried numerous times to expose people who were fraudulently receiving disability checks. Even had the proof.

Each time I was asked if I were their doctor, and when I replied no, then I was told there was nothing I could do about it.

There are people who actually do need those benefits and it grates my nerves to know that there are scammers out there abusing them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I agree I am 100% pro veteran benefits. I'd even go as far as cutting congress pay into 1/3 and sending that money to vets.

I'd be interested to see how this develops because if he's really suffering and they cut his benefits I think there's a much bigger issue at hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I GOT my benefits HERE in Colorado so I have NO idea.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ask Me Anything.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Can you show me the Link? because we havnt set anything up asking for money.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryhami

Can you show me the Link? because we havnt set anything up asking for money.

The link is in the YouTube Video.

They even give phone numbers

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It will take me forever to get through these comments.

It is not me losing Benifits , its ym wife. Caregiver you know what? just google me

www.facebook.com...

www.krdo.com...

and if you go further

www.wsmv.com...

and yes for this we begged for money

www.gofundme.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Nothing has changed but zipcode a reply to: kdyam

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryhami
It will take me forever to get through these comments.

It is not me losing Benifits , its ym wife. Caregiver you know what? just google me

www.facebook.com...

www.krdo.com...

and if you go further

www.wsmv.com...

and yes for this we begged for money

www.gofundme.com...

There are programs and funds for those who take care of others in many States. You just have to do the homework.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join