It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal Minds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just finished 9 Seasons on Netflix and I LOVE this show!

I always found profiling of the criminal kind interesting. I use to watch "The Profiler" back in the 90s. I always wanted to see "Criminal minds" but I haven't had cable and then I had work and no DVR. I knew one day I would see it and I managed to avoid all spoilers!

I love Dr. Reid. He is my favorite which many people who told me I would like the show also said I would love him. I love the nerdy types with brains! It's so hot!

I also love Garcia. She actually reminds me of a friend of mine who also loves the show and Garcia is her favorite character. I love the flirtatious banter between Garcia and Morgan.

I liked Gideon more than the guy that took his place and he is one of the main reasons I wanted to watch the show when it first came out. He was also on "Dead Like Me," which I loved.

Anyone else a fan of Criminal Minds? Who is your favorite character?
edit on 9/18/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Stupid annoying autocorrect on my phone!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Love the show and while I liked Gideon a lot, I like Rossi as much.. They are just different..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Rossi is my favourite.
The episode when his wife was killed was so sad, so brilliant
Great show

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My wife and I are big fans of the show. Really good story lines, good character development, and just entertaining.

I didn't miss Elle when they got rid of her, took me awhile to get used to Prentiss, but was bummed when she left, redeemed with her coming back for the one episode though. Not sure what happened to the blonde girl that was only in the one recent season, but I never really liked her either. I didn't care so much for the spin-off, and going by its quick cancellation, not many others did either. I think if they ever kill off Reid, we'll both stop watching. Same for Morgan and Hotch I'm anxious to see how Jennifer Love Hewitt plays out this season.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I do not know anything about Season 10 so no spoilers please! I didn't know Jennifer Love Hewitt was coming to the show either. I like her so that will be interesting.

I didn't care for Elle either and it took me a while to get use to Prentiss as well! I like JJ, the blonde chick. I read that she was let go to save money initially but clearly they got her back, same reason they got rid of Prentiss.

Yes if they get rid of Reid I would stop watching for sure! I felt so sad when the girl he secretly talked to and liked was killed. I actually cried during that episode. lol

I just started the show over again!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

Love the show and while I liked Gideon a lot, I like Rossi as much.. They are just different..

Yes they are very different! I just like Mandy Patikin the actor.

I thought Rossi would grow on me lol but he hasn't. Maybe the second go round he will.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yeah, that episode was pretty rough. Same with when Hotch's wife was murdered.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Rossi is my favourite.
Great show

Hmmm. I don't remember that episode. I thought he was divorced.

I known they killed Hotchners wife but they were no longer together when she was killed. That was a sad episode. He is always so serious even in that episode too. You know he played Greg on "Darhma and Greg" in the 90s? lol it was driving me nuts why he looked familiar so I went to IMBD and looked him up and then realized where I knew him from. I like him as an actor and his role on the show.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I never watched the spin off but I think it's on Netflix. I didn't even bother since it was only one season.

I hate when the feel the need to do spin offs. Just leave it be!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

My only problem with Mandy Patikin is how he left the show. He just stopped showing up in the middle of production, which is why his departure is written off as moving to his cottage in the woods. His reasoning was because he didn't like the violent and gruesome tone of the show... But now he's on Homeland. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

They were trying to cash in the success of all the different CSI, Law and Order, and NCIS spin-offs.

I only watched a couple episodes. The back door pilot within Criminal Minds (SE05EP18) wasn't so bad though.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Rossi is my favourite.
Great show

Hmmm. I don't remember that episode. I thought he was divorced.

I known they killed Hotchners wife but they were no longer together when she was killed. That was a sad episode. He is always so serious even in that episode too. You know he played Greg on "Darhma and Greg" in the 90s? lol it was driving me nuts why he looked familiar so I went to IMBD and looked him up and then realized where I knew him from. I like him as an actor and his role on the show.

Ooooops!
It must be Hotch im thinking about
He's the team leader.

And yes it was a very sad episode...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

i agree with a few points you made. spencer is my favorite field agent but i like penelope garcia... she;s awesome.
i loved when my boy inigo montoya played gideon. jason gideon was the best part of the show.

i was a heavy watcher for a few years when i was on my kick of criminal profiling and forensics shows. i watched all the csi vegas and some csi miami. then i got into bones for a few seasons.
aside from vegas csi i will say i have seen more criminal minds than the others and at this point. im getting very fried on the whole format of the show.

i know things happen. little things.. this or that but the formula is the same thing. from how they get them to how they solve them.

i think that show need to make some changes for the better and it didnt and now like 10 seasons in fans like myself and like my wife are getting ready to jump ship.
either way its nearing the end of its run. if you have a network show that runs 10 years then you did killer.
that show is not going to be on much longer because with the time/film/budget restraints theyre not going to be able to to anything fresh.

now i like garcia and reid.
cant stand hotchner and 100% dislike rossi. just not into him.

they should have tried harder to get gideon back. the day he left the show went down a little bit.
been a cool ass show for a long time. bout time to step aside

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

www.imdb.com...

Rumours persist about Patinkin's sudden departure from Criminal Minds (2005). He simply failed to show up one day for a table read. He has contacted the entire cast to explain what is referred to as "personal reasons" for leaving. It seems that although Patinkin was prepared for the show to include violence the actual level of violence portrayed was unacceptable to the actor. He left to do more light hearted work.

---------------------------------------------------

now i know he is in homeland and it is violent but i read an article with mandy talking about it

i dont have the link but the meat of it was that on criminal minds every episode seemed to him to be a little more violent and the whole shock and wow. he was not comfortable with how many rape episodes or instances are in the show. he said he wasnt prepaired to go to action and have to stare at numerous bodies, male and female sprawled out in crazy poses.

not word for word but it was bothering him. sure, homeland is violent but there is also more story there and sometimes the story is told through violence.

either way, i think he just made a mistake by being on criminal minds. i thinkk one he got to set and started shooting he got to see how it was and it just wasnt for him.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sorry to crash in an troll up the place, but this show is vile.

My mom likes watching this herself, and mt home health aid used to love watching this too.

Every damn episode i couldn't stand it. Excessively violent and sadistic for no damn reason. I know the "good" guys win in the end, but the viewer had to be treated to senseless, detailed brutality and sadism because... it's fun?

I see no artistic reason in displaying so much damn torture and cruelty for entertainment.

There was this one episode where a crew of construction workers go around beating people to death for fun; the opening scene had them brutalizing this pair of couples in a house.

Another continuation of episodes had this methodical, intelligent serial killer torture and kill women. They showed the corpses in a freeze locker. One lady was still alive.

Another had a group of killers killing people with Native American style ambushes. They teamed up with a Native American cop to stop them.

Another had Franky Munez as a cartoonist losing it and killing people.

Let's face it, people watch this show and others like it because it enacts there lower, simple being within them, not for the story or characters. When the gore and violence happens, that's what draws people. Sucks. People are more inwardly, subconsciously pleased watching the nonsensical violence than they are watching the cops nab or kill the psychos.

But i think TV is generally disgusting and brain numbing, anyway. Proof is in the prevalence of sex, violence and lewdness in most shows.

Troll done.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

I definitely don't think you're trolling anyone with your post. You disagree with my (and others') opinion of the show, and that's completely great. You expressed your opinion in an adult, logical manner. Great post. Don't beat yourself up so much.

I enjoy the episodes with more intrigue than the violence, though sometimes the violence ie a necessary part of the show (as stated in Homeland). One of the things that is most interesting about the show is that many of the story lines are based on the actions of real life serial killers and murderers. In most episodes there will be a quip that links it to the real world. It gives a sense of completion to know that, even fictionally, these people are being caught.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

Let's face it, people watch this show and others like it because it enacts there lower, simple being within them, not for the story or characters. When the gore and violence happens, that's what draws people. Sucks. People are more inwardly, subconsciously pleased watching the nonsensical violence than they are watching the cops nab or kill the psychos.

But i think TV is generally disgusting and brain numbing, anyway. Proof is in the prevalence of sex, violence and lewdness in most shows.

Troll done.

hey man. no worries. thats your opinion.
i dont agree. maybe to a point. while i do like a couple of the characters thats not why i watch it. i do watch it for the story though. it is pretty graphic as far as shows go but there really is not much violence/gore.
its all kind of after the fact.

for me, gore is things like saw and hostel(i know there are things with far more gore)...
this show does kind of what the movie se7en did. it shows just enough gore/violence to cause tension with the viewer....
i would say it has the correct formula down though. its been on for like 10 seasons and with millions of solid viewers

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Thanks for the chilled reply; on the internet is where people get rabid when you diss there favorite entertainment thing.

I know plenty of people thoroughly enjoy the story and character development, and find much value and worth in that alone, but the violence sticks more for most people, and that is what draws them back.

i do like the morale that Hodges words at the end of the show when they are on the private jet, though.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I saw saw and hostel in highschool and loved it.

Now as i get older, i get annoyed seeing gore and brutality just for the sake of shock ans spectacle.

I liked seven, and yeah the gore was not so graphic, but more for setting. But now anything excessively dark or violent, i don't care for.

The amount of viewers for a show means nothing, though. Ten million viewers like real house wives of whatever city, and look at the content of that show. If it's on TV, it will be watched. If it is heavily advertised, it will be watched by many.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

people wont keep watching if they dont like it though. loads of viewers dont mean its a great show. it just mean loads of people like it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join