It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal Minds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: mblahnikluver

My only problem with Mandy Patikin is how he left the show. He just stopped showing up in the middle of production, which is why his departure is written off as moving to his cottage in the woods. His reasoning was because he didn't like the violent and gruesome tone of the show... But now he's on Homeland. Go figure.

Wow is that why he left? I never knew why.

The show is a bit gruesome. I even made a comment at how shows today are far more gruesome than they use to be 10yrs ago or more.

I have only seen one season of Homeland. I couldn't get into it. It wasn't bad but not my style.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

i agree with a few points you made. spencer is my favorite field agent but i like penelope garcia... she;s awesome.
i loved when my boy inigo montoya played gideon. jason gideon was the best part of the show.

In my dreams Spencer is my husband lol

I love Garcia! Like I mentioned before she reminds me of a friend I have. Awesome personality and just very bubbly.

i was a heavy watcher for a few years when i was on my kick of criminal profiling and forensics shows. i watched all the csi vegas and some csi miami. then i got into bones for a few seasons.
aside from vegas csi i will say i have seen more criminal minds than the others and at this point. im getting very fried on the whole format of the show.

I only liked the original CSI show. I watched the Miami one and it was ok. I tried to watch the NY version and just couldn't stand it. lol I watched Bones ONLY for David Boreanz who played Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which is my favorite show ever. I literally have a tattoo for the show. I still see him as Angel but I enjoyed Bones. I like the character Bones. I love how she thinks and talks. She is just so literal and people dont' get her at times but I do and I love her.

I watched Criminal Minds, all 9 Seasons in less than a month on Netflix. lol I was on bed rest after surgery so what else was I to do?!

i think that show need to make some changes for the better and it didnt and now like 10 seasons in fans like myself and like my wife are getting ready to jump ship.

If they get rid of Spencer I'll jump ship lol

now i like garcia and reid.
cant stand hotchner and 100% dislike rossi. just not into him.

I love Reid and Garcia. I don't dislike Hotchner but I agree with Rossi. He just annoys me.

they should have tried harder to get gideon back. the day he left the show went down a little bit.
been a cool ass show for a long time. bout time to step aside

I agree it wasn't the same for a while because he left. If it wasn't for my lovely Reid I would have stopped watching.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88
Sorry to crash in an troll up the place, but this show is vile.

This comment is vile!

Every damn episode i couldn't stand it. Excessively violent and sadistic for no damn reason. I know the "good" guys win in the end, but the viewer had to be treated to senseless, detailed brutality and sadism because... it's fun?

It's not real you do know that don't you? It's showing how criminal minds work an well they aren't all candies and rainbows. Criminals of this kind are NOT sweet and cute they are vile and violent. If they weren't sadistic and violent there wouldn't be a show. I love shows that go into the minds of criminals. Sure this is a work of fiction but I guarantee they get their material from real life situations.

I have found some episodes to be a bit much but that is reality, it's a bit much.

I see no artistic reason in displaying so much damn torture and cruelty for entertainment.

Then you dont' get the name of the show. It's called CRIMINAL MINDS. It goes into the mind of a criminal which again is NOT nice. It's sadistic and twisted.

AS for entertainment I could go on with many threads about shows today that are on tv that are deemed entertainment. Um Duck Dynasty anyone? I see NO entertainment in that yet many others do.

There was this one episode where a crew of construction workers go around beating people to death for fun; the opening scene had them brutalizing this pair of couples in a house.

Another continuation of episodes had this methodical, intelligent serial killer torture and kill women. They showed the corpses in a freeze locker. One lady was still alive.

And this is how criminals work. You dont' see or hear about all the sick crap that happens in the world.

Another had Franky Munez as a cartoonist losing it and killing people.

I remember that episode. If you understood the meaning behind the show and things like mental breaks and what the mind is capable of you might understand the show. I am very into criminal psychology, heck psychology period. I find the mind fascinating with what it can do and how people can do such things like you see depicted in the show. I mean WHY do they do them? Everyone when you think about it is born an innocent. WHAT happens to them to make them such a person? It's fascinating to me from a scientific standpoint.

Let's face it, people watch this show and others like it because it enacts there lower, simple being within them, not for the story or characters. When the gore and violence happens, that's what draws people. Sucks. People are more inwardly, subconsciously pleased watching the nonsensical violence than they are watching the cops nab or kill the psychos.

First it's "their" not "there."

You are SO wrong! This is not why I watch it. I actually turn my head to the gore and find it unnecessary many times. I have watched crime shows for as long as I can remember because I find criminal minds in general fascinating. I find serial killers interesting from a psychological standpoint. It has nothing to do with the act of violence. It has everything to do with WHAT caused them to become what they have. Are people born this way or is it something that happens to them?

I also enjoy the characters. Each one has their own story that unfolds through the show. How can you even make any kind of true statement about the show when you clearly don't watch it or like it. Have you seen ALL 9 Seasons? I guarantee not but I have. I enjoy all characters and feel for them. Each one has a story that seems to explain why they are in the field they are in.....

I also LOVE Spencer Reid.
My dream man...

But i think TV is generally disgusting and brain numbing, anyway. Proof is in the prevalence of sex, violence and lewdness in most shows.

Troll done.

I wouldn't know I don't watch TV. I use Netflix and watch mostly movies and documentaries. I watch TV shows when ones I have had previous interest come on.

I do agree that tv today is more gruesome than it use to be. I know I have watched criminal type shows for as long as I can remember. I dont' care for so called reality TV because it's crap and not reality.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: CardiffGiant

I saw saw and hostel in highschool and loved it.

WHAT!! That movie is sick! LOL I remember cringing and thinking I never want to go to a Hostel in my life!

I liked seven, and yeah the gore was not so graphic, but more for setting. But now anything excessively dark or violent, i don't care for.

Seven is a classic!! I do remember covering my eyes many times during tha tmovie!

The amount of viewers for a show means nothing, though. Ten million viewers like real house wives of whatever city, and look at the content of that show. If it's on TV, it will be watched. If it is heavily advertised, it will be watched by many.

OMG now THAT is one show that should be cancelled and never allowed back. AS an actual housewife I"m offended by those women. They couldn't live a day in my shoes!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Sorry to crash in an troll up the place, but this show is vile.

This comment is vile!

Every damn episode i couldn't stand it. Excessively violent and sadistic for no damn reason. I know the "good" guys win in the end, but the viewer had to be treated to senseless, detailed brutality and sadism because... it's fun?

It's not real you do know that don't you? It's showing how criminal minds work an well they aren't all candies and rainbows. Criminals of this kind are NOT sweet and cute they are vile and violent. If they weren't sadistic and violent there wouldn't be a show. I love shows that go into the minds of criminals. Sure this is a work of fiction but I guarantee they get their material from real life situations.

I have found some episodes to be a bit much but that is reality, it's a bit much.

I see no artistic reason in displaying so much damn torture and cruelty for entertainment.

Then you dont' get the name of the show. It's called CRIMINAL MINDS. It goes into the mind of a criminal which again is NOT nice. It's sadistic and twisted.

AS for entertainment I could go on with many threads about shows today that are on tv that are deemed entertainment. Um Duck Dynasty anyone? I see NO entertainment in that yet many others do.

There was this one episode where a crew of construction workers go around beating people to death for fun; the opening scene had them brutalizing this pair of couples in a house.

Another continuation of episodes had this methodical, intelligent serial killer torture and kill women. They showed the corpses in a freeze locker. One lady was still alive.

And this is how criminals work. You dont' see or hear about all the sick crap that happens in the world.

Another had Franky Munez as a cartoonist losing it and killing people.

I remember that episode. If you understood the meaning behind the show and things like mental breaks and what the mind is capable of you might understand the show. I am very into criminal psychology, heck psychology period. I find the mind fascinating with what it can do and how people can do such things like you see depicted in the show. I mean WHY do they do them? Everyone when you think about it is born an innocent. WHAT happens to them to make them such a person? It's fascinating to me from a scientific standpoint.

Let's face it, people watch this show and others like it because it enacts there lower, simple being within them, not for the story or characters. When the gore and violence happens, that's what draws people. Sucks. People are more inwardly, subconsciously pleased watching the nonsensical violence than they are watching the cops nab or kill the psychos.

First it's "their" not "there."

You are SO wrong! This is not why I watch it. I actually turn my head to the gore and find it unnecessary many times. I have watched crime shows for as long as I can remember because I find criminal minds in general fascinating. I find serial killers interesting from a psychological standpoint. It has nothing to do with the act of violence. It has everything to do with WHAT caused them to become what they have. Are people born this way or is it something that happens to them?

I also enjoy the characters. Each one has their own story that unfolds through the show. How can you even make any kind of true statement about the show when you clearly don't watch it or like it. Have you seen ALL 9 Seasons? I guarantee not but I have. I enjoy all characters and feel for them. Each one has a story that seems to explain why they are in the field they are in.....

I also LOVE Spencer Reid.
My dream man...

But i think TV is generally disgusting and brain numbing, anyway. Proof is in the prevalence of sex, violence and lewdness in most shows.

Troll done.

I wouldn't know I don't watch TV. I use Netflix and watch mostly movies and documentaries. I watch TV shows when ones I have had previous interest come on.

I do agree that tv today is more gruesome than it use to be. I know I have watched criminal type shows for as long as I can remember. I dont' care for so called reality TV because it's crap and not reality.

LOL. there is nothing to get. The title is pretty straight forward, not deep, or layered or anything. criminal. Minds. I caught that.

"Criminal minds" does not automatically mean graphic violence though, or even murderous criminals for that matter. A show called criminal minds could feature the criminal minds of Frank Abagnale type criminals, or the pink panther gang type criminals.

Duck dynasty? Family of quirky, crazy, funny personalities carrying on. I get it. It isn't a bad formula. Too bad the show is scripted, and there is no natural interaction going on there.

I see what you are saying. Yes, i know murderous criminals are not nice, and the world is not nice. I am fully aware of that
. There is no candy being expected here.

I am coming from the perspective that the show is focusing on the most extreme of criminals, serial killers, and then graphically detailing there murders. Focusing on how the murderous criminal mind operates and processes things does not necessarily have to have anything to do with visually showing the criminal commit the murders, and display the corpse or mutilated body.

I also like the concept of examining a murderous person's mind and finding out what went wrong in that head, or in his/her life. And the show does do a good job by showing the FBI heroes evaluate and work it out. But they could have done it without the violence. But show about serial killers without any serial killing being showed will not have the same intended impact, i guess.

Thanks for that lesson. I sometimes slip up when i am typing fast, and my brain mixes up the two words. Because i am typing fast. But thanks, though.

I did not mean to say all people, watch it for the gore and violence, but that is the draw for many. Face it, this show would not have had nearly as much viewers without the violence and action that comes up sometimes.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

As i said to the other poster, i do like when Hodges monologues a moral at the ending when they are on the private jet flying back to FBI cop HQ, though.

Garcia reminds me of my homegirl, same personality. Also reminds me that TV is just TV. It's like every cop show must have a quirky, bubbly, hyper excited tech analyst back at the base.

And the leader of the group is the shizznit. Stoic, serious, about that work. Tells the others to "get out of my office and go back to work, we have nothing else to talk about, i aint your friend, i'm your boss" with a single look. Only showing small slivers of his inner personality at certain times. Like Gibbs from NCIS. Blah to everybody else.

edit on 21-9-2014 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2014 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just noticed this and thought I would see if everyone else is as anti-Jennifer Love Hewitt as I. I just don't like her for the role and think she's not going to be a good fit.

My son and I are great CM fans, one of my co-worker's husband is a LEO. He went for training at the real "BAU" - which is actually the BSU. He brought my son a challenge coin from there. It's now a treasured possession.

Doesn't hurt that my co-workers call me "Garcia". LOL
edit on 10-10-2014 by kimmie7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Reviving this thread too. Third in two days!

After having been through most of the season, I have to say I'm still on the fence with Jennifer Love Hewitt as Agent Kate Callahan. She has her ups and downs and seems to still be finding her role in the show. I'm curious where they're headed with the creepy online subplot of her adopted daughter, but that seems to have been dragging on more slowly and longer than most of the subplots on the show.

I'm a bit behind on episodes right now, with the last one I've seen having been the backdoor pilot for the new spin off, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders. I'm interested in that one, more-so than Suspect Behavior. The episode they were introduced, "Beyond Borders", seemed a bit rushed together and out of place. Too much time spent between the characters we know and love, plus squeezing in some backstory and introductions for the new cast, and not as much time spent working the case. I think I felt the same way with the backdoor pilot for SB too.

I think the star power of Gary Sinise and Anna Gunn in BB will be more helpful than that of Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo in SB. But I guess we'll have to wait until the fall to see how that pans out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Love the show. A few points. Garcia looks better blonde than red(an anomaly). I miss Gideon. Rossi's cool though. I dig Reid and Morgan. JJ = M'eh. I just can't get into Hotch. Elle's leaving = M'eh. Jill Triplehorn and Love Hewitt too. And finally. 2 words..... Prentiss' butt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I miss Gideon too. I'm still jaded by his abrupt departure from the show, due to the violent content, only to have him on Homeland a few years later.

I did really enjoy the flashback episode this season of Gideon and Rossi. Ben Savage nailed it as Gideon. If they were to ever do another spinoff, I would hope that to be it. I would definitely watch a prequel for how the BAU got its start. I'd also like some more of the backstory on his daughter and grand child. It was a touching moment in the show.

EDIT TO ADD:

I highly doubt any more prequels though. Ben Savage seems to be pretty wrapped up in Girl Meets World, which is also an awesome show. My wife and I grew up watching Boy Meets World, and with one kid of our own (and another on the way!) it brings back some fond memories.
edit on 4/29/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Criminal minds is probably one of my favorite shows... I have seen every episode, and probably every re-run! lol..

As for my favorite character, I think I like them all nearly equally, but Reed is just totally cool. You can really connect with him somehow, and I like his character for that!

edit on 29-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

Love the show and while I liked Gideon a lot, I like Rossi as much.. They are just different..

i am opposite.
gideon was the best on the team. sucks that mandy wasnt feeling the show.
i used to like it but 9 seasons of the same thing gets old.

been over it for a long time

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join