It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Reported in Bell, Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
a reply to: SpaDe_
Sorry, but people with guns are going to kill. Or they want to.

It's time to get guns off the streets. It happens every day, all the time, stop the violence.

Talk about close minded, the person responsible for this would have completed their objective with a hammer if they didn't have a gun. You can blame a tool for the actions of the person wielding it.

I own several guns, 2 for hunting (survival) and 2 for intruders. I'm not itching to kill someone but if you unlawfully enter my house, Castle Law becomes very real.

Ps Martial arts experts are the involved in many assault cases and many have to register there hands as lethal weapons. By your logic we should chop their hands off for the safety of the public..m.sfgate.com...

edit on 18-9-2014 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal...Sorry, but idiots with guns kill people.

Sorry, but idiots may or may not break the law.

But, idiots with opinions will ALWAYS spew their garbage with no regard for the facts. And, that's a fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: projectvxn
People misusing their rights is no reason to take mine.

The biases of all law is that your rights end when they start interfering with the rights of others, especially when it’s a “frivolous right” vs a “fundamental right”. So the publics “frivolous right” to own certain types of weapons ends when those weapons become a danger to the “fundamental rights” of others to be safe in their person. If you guys want to keep your “Frivolous rights” then you better start lobbying so keep irresponsible people from having access to this type of equipment. In other words, if you are a gun advocate, you should be lobbying for stricter controls on who can own guns, not more lenient ones. Something that the NRA is going to eventually learn the hard way.

Ok lets apply your logic and the first place it can be taken from is the police...SMH. Oh America you have lost the fight. And this is all I will say about the gun issue in this thread. Sorry if off topic to the op.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: unphased
a reply to: projectvxn

All of you who are engaging in the gun law conversation right now are insanely childish, self centered, and self righteous.

wow.

You should know that this is how this situation will be talked about.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It was the grandfather who shot his doughter and 6 of his grand children.

The grandfather tok his own life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: unphased
a reply to: projectvxn

All of you who are engaging in the gun law conversation right now are insanely childish, self centered, and self righteous.

wow.

Personal attacks eh.

Thats totally grown up.

And not self-righteous at all...

edit on 18-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Too bad they didn't have concealed carry permits...that would have TOTALLY prevented this from happening...If only they had armed the teachers in the local school district.
edit on 18-9-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The victims range in age from 3 months to 10 years old.Authorities identified the gunman as Don Charles Spirit. -

Story...
edit on 9/18/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: added link

link   
There are other threads better suited for a 2nd Amendment and gun control discussion. This thread should be utilized for live updates of the situation and discussion of the specific matter at hand.

link   

Six children are dead because of a gun.

And defending guns in this is defending the actions of the person with the gun.

Six children are dead because if a gun.

So, why, why do we defend implements of mass destruction?

Sorry, but idiots with guns kill people.

I said I wouldn't do this...

Yes, idiots with guns certainly can kill people. As can idiots with knives, fists, boots, forks, rope, etc. Do you get what I'm saying? If so, please stop your crusade on this thread. Inanimate objects DO NOT choose to kill. People, with mental health issues DO. Stop making this out to be your crusade on what you think ought to happen.

Do you even have an logical opinion to share on mental health and how it is THE common denominator in all violent crime? If not, please continue your crusade else where.

AGAIN, have some compassion!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Too bad they didn't have concealed carry permits...that would have TOTALLY prevented this from happening.

Police cant prevent crime, why would one assume that open carry would? Or concealed, since you decided to edit your post.
edit on pThu, 18 Sep 2014 19:49:40 -0500201418America/Chicago2014-09-18T19:49:40-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

This is just another reason for strong gun control. Let's watch and see that the perpetrator had a legally obtained firearm. I'm almost willing to bet.

how ridiculous and asinine a 'comment' is that. !?

lowes sells hammers

dollar store and harbor freight do, troo, as well.... much cheaper.

careful with your skirt, there.... it's showing ...

profusely....

link   
a reply to: bhliberal

What an uneducated thing to say. Get rid of the knives in your houses, the cars on the street and get rid of the alcohol....youre ridiculous. (respectfully speaking)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Too bad they didn't have concealed carry permits...that would have TOTALLY prevented this from happening.

Police cant prevent crime, why would one assume that open carry would?

Conversely,

Open carry cant prevent crime, why would one assume that police would?

Or concealed, since you edited your post based upon my edit of my previous post.
edit on 18-9-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Police openly tell you that they are not there to prevent crime or protect you. They are merely law enforcement in this day and age. The days of protect and serve are long gone.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Because they false advertise on their cars?
'Protect and Serve'
They protected the hell out of those kids tonight.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This ActionNewsJax link shows a photo of the alleged shooter.

He appears to be of American Indian descent...

Picture of Shooter...

link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

Police openly tell you that they are not there to prevent crime or protect you. They are merely law enforcement in this day and age. The days of protect and serve are long gone.

The SCOTUS ruled that they don't have any duty to protect us.

link   
All this talk of "pro-guns, anti-guns" should probably be held on another thread. What a tragedy! Does anyone know their motive (as if a madman needs a motive!)?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am against gun control. But c'mon people - nobody is going to murder 6 people with a hammer. Get real. They use the best tool at their disposal. Almost always a gun.

For these mass things I mean - the only mass knife killings happen in Asian countries.

Do not flame me - I do not want to see any more gun control laws past. I am just sick of seeing this argument, mass killings in America are always done with a gun. Sure a deranged maniac such as this man was could use anything such as a blunt object or a hammer. But they do not. Even an animal like this man probably would not have the stomach to murder 6 kids with a blunt object. It takes much less thought and effort to do so with a gun than it does with anything else. Fact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join