It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Reported in Bell, Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Bell, FL (WTXL) -- A shooting in Bell has been confirmed with multiple victims, according to WCJB in Gainesville.
They are classifying it as a major shooting and reports indicate that several people were involved. Reports say that some of the victims may be children.
Gilchrist County Journal, the local newspaper, is describing the shooting as a "horrific situation". WCJB is reporting a death investigation taking place.
Local media is reporting it as a "mass shooting" in the area.
Bell is located in Gilchrist County. The town is 2 hours South-East of Tallahassee.

Mass Shooting Reported in Bell, Florida

Did a search. Didn't see anything.

Just saw this come across the news wire. Hope it isn't as bad as they are making it out to be.

I'll try and keep this updated.

EDIT: unconfirmed reports say this may be a murder/suicide...possibly involving children. WTF?
edit on thppmThu, 18 Sep 2014 18:46:50 -0500k1409America/Chicago1846 by Sparkymedic because: new info

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, S&F.

Best wishes to everybody involved. Terrible news.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic
Great, when will this end mentally ill or terrorist either way this is horrible news thoughts and prayers

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
EDIT: unconfirmed reports say this may be a murder/suicide...possibly involving children. WTF?

Yeah, WTF?!

Keep us in the loop.

Sigh, another one .

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is just another reason for strong gun control. Let's watch and see that the perpetrator had a legally obtained firearm. I'm almost willing to bet.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow, as if a murder/ suicide isn't cowardly enough. It takes a special kind of coward to involve children. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Bell, Florida: Murder-Suicide Leaves 8 Dead Outside Tallahassee [Breaking News]
www.theepochtimes.com...

A murder-suicide took place in Bell, Florida on Thursday, leaving at least eight people dead.

The situation took place on Thursday afternoon, but many details haven’t come out.

Ryan Hughes of WFTV said that several children are said to be among the dead.

Bell, which has a population of just 349, is about two hours south of Tallahassee.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Way to jump on this issue and make it political. Thats poor taste

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
This is just another reason for strong gun control. Let's watch and see that the perpetrator had a legally obtained firearm. I'm almost willing to bet.

People misusing their rights is no reason to take mine.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I know I'm gonna be unpopular for saying this-but please for the love of God,can folks just leave off the "they're coming for our guns" mentality even once? People are dead.Children are dead.This is a hideous tragedy.Must your first concern be that this is about your precious guns? Spare a thought for the loved ones of the deceased first,at least.a reply to: bhliberal

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Oh, definitely the anti-gun lobby is gonna jump on this. Thing is, it could have been a knife or a blunt object that did the damage as well.

From what I can tell, if this is a murder suicide as it is being suggested, mental health is obviously the main issue in all of this. Which is really the crux of any mass shooting. No one with sound mind would do such a thing. So why focus on the tools of the crime? Why not focus on the mind that uses the tool improperly?

EDIY: By no means am I trying to make this political... I just hope for a bit of sanity after yet another terrible tragedy.

Mental health needs to be focused on in society. Among many things, other than politics.
edit on thppmThu, 18 Sep 2014 19:15:34 -0500k1409America/Chicago1815 by Sparkymedic because: clarity

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There are enough gun control laws on the books as it is. Enforcement is the main issue. Last time I checked murder was still illegal, but criminals keep on killing, laws mean nothing to the criminally insane.

Thoughts and prayers for the families and loved ones of the victims.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I wonder if that was his 1st or 2nd post on ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I know I'm gonna be unpopular for saying this-but please for the love of God,can folks just leave off the "they're coming for our guns" mentality even once? People are dead.Children are dead.This is a hideous tragedy.Must your first concern be that this is about your precious guns? Spare a thought for the loved ones of the deceased first,at least.a reply to: bhliberal

Well if people like the person you're reponding would stop attacking individual rights because of the behaviors of criminals the discussion wouldnt take place.

They go out of their way to force the discussion in that direction because discussing the facts of a case is too hard or uninteresting.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Two adults and 6 children are shot and killed. North of Bell.

Source is in Norwegian sorry.

Gainesville.com skriver at to vokse og seks barn er skutt i skyteepisoden nord for byen Bell i Gilchrist-distriktet.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Sorry, but people with guns are going to kill. Or they want to.

It's time to get guns off the streets. It happens every day, all the time, stop the violence.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Because discussing mental health issues requires critical thinking and gun control does not.

Why address root problems that would make political platforms, and by extension, politicians, all but useless?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Crazy.. We just found the perfect house there before summer. Didn't pan out. Wow...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: SpaDe_

Sorry, but people with guns are going to kill. Or they want to.

It's time to get guns off the streets. It happens every day, all the time, stop the violence.

Uh huh, sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

There are enough gun control laws on the books as it is. Enforcement is the main issue. Last time I checked murder was still illegal, but criminals keep on killing, laws mean nothing to the criminally insane.

Thoughts and prayers for the families and loved ones of the victims.

Then pro-gun rights people need to do a better job at policing and finding a solution to controlling their fellow gun owners.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join