It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Reported in Bell, Florida

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt
This ActionNewsJax link shows a photo of the alleged shooter.

He appears to be of American Indian descent...

Picture of Shooter...

This is the true face of EVIL.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So what are the odds that the shooter was on prescription drugs to control depression?
Most of the other mass shooters were,,,

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The larger "false advertisement" is that being a gun owner will protect you....despite all evidence to the contrary. I shoot straight...you might (I don't know you), but most don't and never will....they create a liability; mostly for themselves. SO, NO, owning a gun does not make you safe nor safer.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i have been thru Bell. it's a small farming town i love the area. i was just told it was a grandfather his daughter and 6 grand kids. real shame this town will be in mourning

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Evil has many faces, my friend...some smiling and some not.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
FYI to all: I intended this news thread to talk about the OP, and perhaps bring some sanity, clarity?, to such tragedy. I did not intended for this to spiral into a political ideology match of one upmanship. But here we are...go figure.

Please try and focus on the OP while also considering the fact the people are dead. So some compassion would be nice to see as well.

My focus, is on how mental health effects our society and that poor mental health policies usually will continue to lead to these types of tragedy. I hope we can debate/ converse about this.

If you wish to debate gun rights, take it to a gun rights forum. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
FYI to all: I intended this news thread to talk about the OP, and perhaps bring some sanity, clarity?, to such tragedy. I did not intended for this to spiral into a political ideology match of one upmanship. But here we are...go figure.

Please try and focus on the OP while also considering the fact the people are dead. So some compassion would be nice to see as well.

My focus, is on how mental health effects our society and that poor mental health policies usually will continue to lead to these types of tragedy. I hope we can debate/ converse about this.

If you wish to debate gun rights, take it to a gun rights forum. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is so sad those poor children, and that poor mother.. These kind of things are too common now, its sad too see everyone is just arguing about gun control. This stuff sadly happens everywhere all around the world and if it wasn't with a gun it would have been with something else. In Australia we have strict gun laws just to get your gun license for hunting you have to jump through hoops, they even come and check your house out and make sure you have a proper gun safe set up etc, so its rare here for someone too have a gun but we still get tragedies like this, and its usually alot more brutal than people being shot, these sick f^^ked up psychopaths will always find a way, when someone is that sick in the head they don't care how its done, its just that a gun is the more convenient quick way too do the job thats why it is always the first thing too be used. Even if they did take away everyones guns, bad people will still get them, just like people easilly obtain things that are illegal now, only if they take everyones guns away it will only be the bad people that will go against the law too get them, that leaves innocent people unable too defend themselves. Takong them away won't stop tragedies like this they need to get to the underlying issue & root of the problem here, and it isnt the guns its the sick people that can do this kind of thing.

RIP too the innocent woman and the children in this horrible situation that lost their lives today.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The shooter, Don Spirit, also shot and killed his 8-yr old son back in 2001. Accidently, during a hunting trip.
Prior to that, he was a convicted felon for marijuana possession.
Link

Obviously, someone who should not even be in possession of a firearm.
Very sad.
edit on 9/18/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
The shooter, Don Spirit, also shot and killed his 8-yr old son back in 2001. Accidently, during a hunting trip.
Link

Very sad.

If he was a convicted felon he could not have a gun, thats illegal.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Why don't you go park on TIERNEY on the east side of FT Worth and contemplate about your little THEORY.
I can shoot straight MANEUVER,stalk and MANY other skills they give SOLDIERS you may have heard we are pretty GOOD at gunplay. Gun owners have successful engagements where the bad guy dies,they do it ALL the time. Prog lawyers get upset but that is just ICING on the cake.
MEDIA isn't too crazy about it in the current PROG infestation but what can you do?
edit on 18-9-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
This is just another reason for strong gun control. Let's watch and see that the perpetrator had a legally obtained firearm. I'm almost willing to bet.

Guess you are wrong, since the shooter was a convicted felon!
You were so wrong for bringing this into the thread. At least man up and apologize to the OP.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Link

Very sad.

Agreed, no one with that history should be in possession of a lethal weapon. But let's be serious here. There isn't a law on the books that a criminal/ mentally ill person will follow. So how should societies approach these situations? Clearly laws don't do diddley squat. So where do we start?

I have a feeling, at least in my country, that the taxpayers money should be spent solving this pandemic...rather than dumping it all in militarizing our police...and the country for that fact. $30 billion on mental heath instead of new navy ships would make the community look quite different over time, I think. Rather than trying to control it with draconian AND useless laws. And as opposed to me having to live in fear and carry a piece on me at all times. Some may think having a gun on you at all times is sane, I personally don't see why it should come to that. It doesn't really address the real issue. Mental health issues are pandemic... If not epidemic.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's only 8 people dead. Hardly a "mass shooting" by US standards. The rest of the world maybe, but not here in the States. This is just another Thursday here.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
For the love of God, people!!! There are innocent children dead. Gone. What the heck is wrong with you?? Why, why, why do you do this every damn time there is a shooting?? This is NOT, repeat, NOTNOTNOT the place to argue gun control. I have never seen a bigger group of non-feeling, selfish people in one place in my entire life.I am talking about BOTH sides of the argument. Again, this is a tragedy. There are innocent children DEAD. How about if you have something to say that maybe, oh, I don't know, showed a teeny bit of compassion? I'm not singling you out smithjustinb. I just happened to have been on your comment when i lost my temper. All of you arguing gun control on this thread should be ashamed of yourselves. a reply to: smithjustinb

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Kinda poor taste to say only don't you think?
I kinda agree with that you are saying but just don't like how you emphasized the only.

Tragic day when a family member kills the other members of their family.
The surviving members will be asking why for the rest of their days

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm being cynical in my post above. It's only another shooting. It's only 6 dead children. Just don't even think about raising the spectre of gun access because that's verbotten, we'll just keep ignoring the news of mass shootings in the US. In fact, what shooting? There, see? Forgotten already by everyone except the grieving families.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Idiots kill people, you should see what drivers and doctors do, but this thread is about a murder suicide allegedly not gun control.,a reply to: bhliberal

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I have a feeling, at least in my country, that the taxpayers money should be spent solving this pandemic...rather than dumping it all in militarizing our police...and the country for that fact. $30 billion on mental heath instead of new navy ships would make the community look quite different over time, I think. Rather than trying to control it with draconian AND useless laws. And as opposed to me having to live in fear and carry a piece on me at all times. Some may think having a gun on you at all times is sane, I personally don't see why it should come to that. It doesn't really address the real issue. Mental health issues are pandemic... If not epidemic.

I couldn't agree more that the mental health portion of the equation is both the most important and the most overlooked. The focus shouldn't he on the method or implement utilized in attacks of this nature, it should be on what lies behind these violent outbursts and what precautions can be used to prevent them. It's unfortunate that seeking treatment or help when it comes to potential mental illnesses or perceived frailties is burdened by so much stigma which discourages people from seeking let alone admiring they may need some help because of the perception if weakness associated with treatment, especially in makes who bottle up emotion until the switch flips and they reach the breaking point. If the level of priority assigned to stereotypical "strong" symbolism such as military night was given to making mental health checkups as valuable as an annual physical, we as a society would benefit greatly.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

edit on 18-9-2014 by chopperswolf because: off topic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join