It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog got run over by a car today [updated]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Exactly this. A dog can't spend his life on a leash, now can he? Any number of things can happen, no matter how careful you are.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

Sorry to hear about Paka. Those catahoula/lab mixes are pretty durable, at least. I have two of them myself, similar markings to Paka...they could be siblings, based on looks.

I hope Paka is home with you & your son soon. I'm sure that's all he wants, too.
edit on 17-9-2014 by musicjunkie because: because i suck at posting pictures

edit on 17-9-2014 by musicjunkie because: same reason

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I feel for you my friend. Our first dog was hit by a speeding car after getting sight of a cat running across the road in front of my father-in-laws house. Brandy didn't make it.

Here's hope that Paka pulls through this. A bond between a dog and its owner's is something special.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Prayers for your little buddy..
I can't bare to imagine my dog being lost to an accident.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Zero I'm sure by now you see you do have someone to talk to, you have your ATS family. You've gotten many well wishes for Paka and yourself but I need to add mine. I know what you're dealing with is so hard, but you're not alone. Sending Paka lots of healing energies and much peace to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm keeping you and Paka in my thoughts.
I'm sorry you feel alone.
Be strong

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Zero I am so sorry to hear of this. I'm praying for him and believing he will be fine.

I hope you have had contact with your wife by now. I'm here for you. Had to get the kleenex out after reading your news. Pets love 110% and life is 200% better when they are in our life. Have some tea and keep yourself busy. In the meantime I'm here if you need to talk.

Hugs to you, your little one and to Paka.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm so sorry this happened to your sweet dog.
Positive thoughts for strength and courage for you...and recovery for Paka.

I know how I would feel if it were my dog.....

[[[HUGS]]]
edit on Wed Sep 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
For what it's worth............ a friend's dog -- Stevie -- was run down a few months ago. She was all torn up and had to be flown to de big island for treatment. Her leg had to be removed, but Stevie is now tripoding around amazingly well. Dogs are strong.

I hope Paka survives and I hope you don't mind a wee prayer or two. Pets are more than 'pets'. They are family and when they are well, our world is good. Best wishes for recovery Paka.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You guys rock. Thank you all, everyone, for all the kind words. I read every post and they made me feel a lot better.

I took him dinner and his ball. He seemed kind of off, probably just the dope and the fact he was run over by a car, but he licked my face and shook my hand and rested his head on my shoulder while I hugged him for about an hour. Took him for a little walk around the vet office. He peed for like a solid minute, didn't see any blood, stream looked strong. I think his bladder is OK. Didn't get a chance to talk to the doc while I was there though, but I will hear from them first thing tomorrow.

I believe he will be OK, if a little traumatized, and a little slower. Still not sure about the position of his heart, and weather or not his lungs were damaged. And they still have to stitch up the giant hole in his flank. So we'll have infection to worry about.

Not in the clear yet, but when I took him dinner he looked like he was going to make it.

I wish I had the time to respond to each of you individually, but I just can't spend that kind of time playing computer being a stay-at-home dad. I love you all brothers and sisters. Your kind words meant so much to me today.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Oh man my heart goes out to you and prayers for Paka.
I don't know what else to say other than think positive thoughts. Maybe all of us collectively doing that will help the little guy get thru this.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Aww, good sign that he's standing and walking!

Wishing you all and him the best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Regards

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How old is your dog? I remember when my dog was dying, it was long drawn out process of decay. He always had hip problems, just like myself, but he quickly wasted away to the bone and couldn't walk. He would defecate himself. I had to carry him. I was so beat up from those times that if I had seen him put down it would have utterly destroyed me. He died 9 days before Christmas. Maybe I was a coward. Maybe I wanted to remember my dog alive. All so irrelevant now as the lesson learned I think would be the same either way.

Please, do not blame yourself.

Give your dog all the care the world. They deserve it for putting up with us humans. We are really not that far apart mentally speaking. I trust it will make it. If it does not, and I hate to sound cruel, there are worse ways it could go and if dies from this, many pets suffer much longer...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Awwww...he looks a little doped up for sure. Thank you so much for the pics and update. I think he's going to be OK in the long-run.

I'm keeping a steady stream of positive energy heading your way. You stay strong and keep thinking positive thoughts.

You are a wonderful fur babe dad....

Des

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks pretty good...

Positive thoughts and prayers.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh Zero, so sorry for your pain!

Paka is a handsome boy - and looks like a real trooper.

Sounds like all positive signs when you visited him at the vet...keep the faith!

Praying for Paka, you and your family!

Missy

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Omg I'm so sorry. This made me cry. I have a dog and a 15 month old and they are best friends. I can only imagur why you are going through.

I will send positive thoughts and vibes your way for a full recovery of your special friend and companion. I know my dog is my best friend especially with my husband overseas most of the year. He keeps me sane and is by my side when I need him. Oh it breaks me heart to hear your story. I hope he pulls through to have many more happy years with you and your son.

Hugs from me and Rosco.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Awe I'm glad to see he's up and about!!!

He's such a handsome boy and quite tough!

I hope your vet consult goes well tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Reaching for the kleenex again - thank you so much for the update and photos. Poor boy, look at that schmooked look on his face. This is beautiful news about his pee, good so far.

Really enjoy reading of your interaction with your human and fur babies. Way to go Dad!! So proud of you.

Still praying and believing that his heart and wound will be fine. I'm counting on it in fact.

Keep us posted little bro!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Oh what a good boy you have there Zero. I'm so glad to see him standing and a good pee is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts tonight and hopefully soon he will be back at home having a good long cuddle with the family.

Penny

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join