It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog got run over by a car today [updated]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Zero Dearest. Sending prayers and good wishes for your sweet fur babe. Hang in there, 24 hours at the vets can make all the difference in the world.

Keep your mind occupied with your sweet baby while you wait.

((((Zero))))

Des

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Why wasn't he on a leash?

Because I'm an idiot.

More explanation: It was early in the morning at a public access area by the river. Me and the kid and the dog go there almost every morning. There is a road that runs the length of the park, up a hill. I've never had my dog bolt on me like that before and the road is a good 300 yards from the riverbank where we were. There's almost no traffic on the road when we go in the morning. I just didn't have him on a leash. He gets freaked out by loud motorcycles, and this one just really caught his attention.

I am mostly to blame for this.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your dog. I hope Paka pulls through. Think positive.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

aww im sorry to hear...i had the same thing happen once...dogs are a wonderful treasure

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Oh Brother that is horrible.
I hope he makes it.

edit on 17/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: fc

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Why wasn't he on a leash?

Because I'm an idiot.

More explanation: It was early in the morning at a public access area by the river. Me and the kid and the dog go there almost every morning. There is a road that runs the length of the park, up a hill. I've never had my dog bolt on me like that before and the road is a good 300 yards from the riverbank where we were. There's almost no traffic on the road when we go in the morning. I just didn't have him on a leash. He gets freaked out by loud motorcycles, and this one just really caught his attention.

I'd like to say something on this.
We have to strike a balance! I kept my old mate on a leash when near roads, however, for a dog to be kept on a leash for his whole life is just wrong!!!
At some point we just have to trust them so that they can have a decent life, and for a dog that means the freedom to run....and do lots of poo's, and other dog stuff.

Not your fault zero.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have no friends

Brother you have friend and family at ATS.

Now he might be gone and I don't know how to handle this.

We are here for you, I am usually on for a few hours a day, night time in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere which would be during waking hours for many in the North.

Just PM me and I will respond as soon as I become aware of the PM if you need to chat,

I am almost certain many other ATSers would also do the same.

I send my hopes and prayers out to you and yours and wish a speedy recovery so this horror of a feeling can be a thing of the past for you.

Get well soon Paka.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady

Its not your fault buddy, you were a good companion to him by the sounds of it. I'm sorry to hear it and can completely relate to the heart brake and blaming your self, of which you're going through right now. I just recently had to have my 14 year old dog put down, who I pretty much went through my whole life which I can remember the most of. The worst part for me is that I hadn't seen him much for the last year and when I last seen him, it was to hold him down on a table, with his head held up - To get put to sleep. I felt like I literally killed my dog. I'd known him for longer than some of my closest friends & even family. He was an absolute legend and could of sworn he thought he was human.

I hope Paka pulls through and gets well, chin up ZeroReady - ATS is here when ever anybody needs to talk

edit on 17-9-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Blame my friend is a game that doesn't need to played here, it was an accident.

Dont blame yourself,

Just take it from a human that has blamed themselves for the death of his dog.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hope it all turns out well for you and your dog. Dogs are resilient buggers and survive lots of injuries. Keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I really hope everything turns out for the best. I've two dogs and would be an emotional wreak if that happened.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good luck with this, brother. Hold your son for strength. He's with you there and we're with you here.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm truly sorry bud.. I have my two year old and she just loves dogs. We don't have one because our apartment doesn't allow it.. but losing a member of the family like that can be extremely rough. Just as tough as losing a brother or sister.. I do hope your dog pulls through.. I had my last dog die sleeping next to me on the couch on Christmas due to old age.. its tough and if there's anything you need hmu and I'll see what I can do

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What a heartbreaking thing to read! I hope your dog makes it. Will be watching for updates. I'm SO sorry!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I could not get through you entire post. Made me cry. Please let us know if the wonderful creature makes it. Praying.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Best wishes mate. Dogs and kids are resilient. If he can make it, he will. If not, he knows it's his time.

I hope all turns out well for Paka.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you, as losing a pet is a hard thing. About 2 years ago, on 18 June, my beloved Rudy died of heatstroke. I was in such a state of shock the whole day, though he was 14 and lived a good life up until my mom put him outside (he was a house dog).

If worse comes to worse, you'll always have pictures and memories of Paka, and when you are ready, go to the shelter and find yourself a new friend

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Don't fault yourself for anything, done is done.

You were in Iraq right? You know firsthand how durable life is if given just a thought of medical care. Brains hanging out? Some duct tape and 3 weeks later that guy is leading the charge against you (again).

Life is durable.

Derek

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Poor pup, here hoping he makes it!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Such a nice dog, godbless.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join