It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog got run over by a car today [updated]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I checked back in here just to see if there was an update on Paka. This is better than than I could have expected. So glad to see he's on his feet, if a little out of it.

So my day is better, already. Thanks, Paka.

Hope to find out you guys are completely out of the woods from any potential complications soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Been reading this thread - good to see the positive update! He looks just like my black lab mix I had many moons ago. Her name was Gypsy, and she was the sweetest mutt. I had her when I was single, and she was my very best friend.

Sending positive vibes your way.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So wonderful to see that up date. Hopefully the Vet is as encouraging this morning.

As for the wound? Our boxer ripped a hole in her flesh the size of a golf ball, on a bolt earlier this summer. While very hard to look at, antibiotics and her licking it healed it up nice. She has a large scar, but it sure doesn't slow her down, and I hope beyond hope this is the case for Paka too!

Anxiously awaiting your next update with fingers crossed.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry about what happen to Paka. I love my dogs just as much as my kids and couldn't imagine going through that. He looked really good in your update photos. He looks like a brave little fella. Give him plenty of loves & let him know he's not alone. I'm sure being somewhere different is hard on him. My doggies & I will be thinking about your Paka & hoping for a fast recovery.
Kindest regards, Arduous.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Fingers crossed that all goes well,

Positive signs from your update Zero so hope it keeps going in that direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to check on an update on Paka.

Great to read he's doing well! I haven't read through the whole thread...how old is he?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

SO glad to hear this update! And he does look good! What a pretty boy! Will be checking in to see what the vet says.

Don't worry about answering each post. There are a lot of dog lovers here who know what it means to have a great dog in our lives and we're here for you...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Quick update: Doc called first thing this morning and said Paka made it through the night and looks stable. Bladder looks good, wound doesn't look infected yet. His heart doesn't look worse, position wise, but it hasn't changed either, so pneumothorax is still a concern. They should be stitching him up right this minute, and if all goes well I can pick him up tonight.

I've had him since he was a pup, 3 years now, and this is the longest we've ever been apart. I'm going crazy. There's food all over the floor from my kid eating and there's no dog to clean it up. This sucks. I miss my dog.

Thank you all again for your compassion.
edit on 260America/ChicagoThu, 18 Sep 2014 12:05:54 -05002014Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:05:54 -0500America/Chicagopm1814 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Hip Hip Hooray!

Been thinking and praying for you guys all night and this morning...

Now, you and both your boys (human & doggie) get some rest!

Sooo happy for you.

Missy

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

YAY!!!

Has the vet said....is the position of the heart from the accident?

continued good thoughts and positive vibes for Paka

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I am so happy to read that Paka is doing better!!!

I don't know you, but I got teary eyed just reading this thread.

Not just your dog's accident, but all these encouraging, positive, kind responses.

Faith in Humanity restored!

My first dog, a tough Doberman, got hit by a bus when I was walking him one day. He was on a leash, but he saw something across the street, pulled away, and I was too weak to hold on to him ,so he got away.

I heard the sound.

That horrible, gut wrenching thud.

Our building was only 4 buildings away, less than a minute, so I ran home crying (I was 14), to tell my parents to come get Soldier, because he got hit by a freakin bus.

Then whilst we all go down to get him, there he comes running, towards us.

He was hit by a bus and he was fine!
The vet said he had only a couple broken ribs.

Dogs are tough.

Hang in there.
But please find out what's wrong with his heart, and whether he had that condition before the accident, or the accident caused it.

Please let us know. I hope that everything will be okay for you and Paka.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

RR

edit on 18/9/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: I got so verklemmt I messed up my spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm glad your dog is going to be ok.

I was in your position last night. Alone, with no one to call. My 14 yr old lab mix who's been healthy up until the past few months vomited 2x and then just collapsed and wasn't responsive. I wasn't sure I could get him into the car by myself, but I had to. I had no choice. I knew he wasn't going to live forever, but I had no idea that last night would be his last. The vet said she thinks he had a tumor that burst in his stomach and that it was time. I still haven't been able to get hold of my
hubby who is out of town working and can't get a signal. ;( I'm sad he's gone, but my dog lived a long, happy life.

I'm really glad that your guy has a 2nd chance to live a long, happy life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

I am very sorry for your loss, virraszto.
But glad your furkid apparently did not suffer.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

Dear Virraszto - I am so sorry to hear of your news. 14 years is forever in terms of the love exchanged and memories made. My condolences. He is at the Rainbow Bridge and frolicking and feeling awesome and waiting to see you when it's time. But my heart goes out to you. Hugs. Please don't feel alone, let us know if you need someone to talk to.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In my life I have found...

Dogs are the purest form of love.

They teach you how to love and laugh. They also teach is what it means to be loyal.

If the people I have met were half as loyal as my dog. It would be a different world.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread, but thank you all for the kind words.

Two years ago I had to put down my 12 yr old diabetic lab. Last night, my 14 yr old. I have one old girl of 10 yrs left. She's used to being with others and so am I. I may just adopt a senior dog who needs to have a few years of happiness before it's time to go.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What a gorgeous dog-so very sorry to read of what happened.I hope with all my heart for the full recovery of your beloved,beautiful friend.a reply to: ZeroReady

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
My sympathy for your loss,i know how bitterly sad it can be to lose a longtime companion.We have a 15 year old Fox Terrier,i honestly cannot imagine not having her with us,she's like a connection running back all the way to my 2 daughters' childhood-i feel when she's gone,my daughters' childhood is finally over-it is already,really,one is 22 and the other 17-but i have the pictures of her with them when they were still just little girls-and in a way she is like a thread still connecting us to those days.Sorry if it sounds like nonsense,but perhaps you know what i'm trying to express.I think it's a wonderful idea to adopt a senior dog,and give it a few loved and happy last years,bless you for that.a reply to: virraszto

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
When I got back from the middle east, like you, I got a dog and a baby. I can't even image any harm coming to either. Im glad to check back in and see the news.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am so saddened for your loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join