It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Send 3,000 troops to Tackle Ebola

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

The covering up to me is how nations like US support and fund governments with tax payer dollars that are going to waste and abuse the funding to support rebels and the purchase of weapon to keep themselves in power, rather than helping the people in those countries with the healthcare they need.

Then again is the conspiracy that Ebola infection spread was in purpose and that the US was testing it on humans, because places like the Africa bush most people don't care about, poverty and less than desirable means of sanitation is perfect breeding for ebola, still due to the nature of the disease, control of the disease was not difficult.

So sad, I wonder if the spread was more intentional than none

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Being a wiener does not make your argument valid. I get that you think help should be proportional to population. I got that two pages ago.

What you don't get is that Americans are weary of leading every world effort.

Take out your anger somewhere else.

Well some people would describe what you call "leading every world effort", as "bullying sovereign states that cant fight back into having a globalist central bank".
Or "sticking their noses into sovereign states that they have no damn business getting involved with" almost always on pretexts that history has proven to be totally false and pure fiction.

I would ask this question of any rational thinker?

With the extent of scandals and lie after lie after lie that the political establishment feeds us, with nobody held to account for these scandals and atrocities, then why does anybody believe ANYTHING that they say?

Why would it be considered "crazy" to question EVERY DAMN THING THEY TELL US?
When almost everything, when investigated deeper can be shown to be a lie or misrepresentation.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I don't vote precisely because of the corruption in the system. I can't control other people.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying restricted.

By the way, yesterday i was not being snotty ;-)

When i am back home (as on the road for a couple of days) i will share my différent opinion to yours (with due respect of course!)

Not easy on this faecal matter IPhone

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: soficrow

Your right. But what is the best way to stop this? Bombs?

Bombs would work. However, it kinda goes against the Hippocratic oath...

I don't think it needs to come to that. Science, when given enough funding, can do amazing things. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it did come to bombs. Seems as though there is more money to be made in killing as opposed to saving lives.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Glad he got his priorites straight.

We are spending more money, and sending more troops to 'fight' ebola.

Than fight ISIS !

That is 'government is us, and they are doing things right' !

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Glad he got his priorites straight.

We are spending more money, and sending more troops to 'fight' ebola.

Than fight ISIS !

That is 'government is us, and they are doing things right' !

Your enemy's don't have to be Arabs or even humans to be a threat to US national security ya know?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Last time I checked there was a growing muslim population in Africa.

That is where Boko Haram comes from.

Apparently some people in the current administration didn't learn a damn thing from Somalia in the 90s.

When the mission of the US military gets turned in to something it's not.

The function of the US military is not feeding people like Somalia. Then changed to rounding up 'warlords'.

It sure the hell isn't about building roads,bridges, and schools.

It sure the hell isn't about 'winning hearts, and minds'.

And it sure the hell isn't fighting 'ebola'.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Last time I checked there was a growing muslim population in Africa.

And?
You do know Africa is a whole continent not a single country?

That is where Boko Haram comes from.

Thats Nigeria
USA is not going to Nigeria.

Apparently some people in the current administration didn't learn a damn thing from Somalia in the 90s.

This is not Somalia

When the mission of the US military gets turned in to something it's not.

What its bombing goat herders for the whims of oil?

The function of the US military is not feeding people like Somalia. Then changed to rounding up 'warlords'.

This is not the USA mission. The government's there are pro USA and pro US help. They are not walking into a hostile combat zone.

It sure the hell isn't about building roads,bridges, and schools.

It sure the hell isn't about 'winning hearts, and minds'.

So in your mind the USA is all about KILL KILL KILL!

What a great attitude from a "freedom" loving people.

And it sure the hell isn't fighting 'ebola'.

US military job is to defend the USA and the American people.

Ebola is a threat to the USA and American people.

Certain units of US forces are trained in logistical and medical support.

Therefore I see nothing out of place in this mission and it seems the responsible thing to do to protect AMERICANS.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ...

Now thats the oath the US army takes.

against all enemies, foreign and domestic

seems to me that enemy doesn't have to be "human".

ALL enemy's. And Ebola is a pretty big enemy of the USA. In fact its a enemy of us all.
edit on 17-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes it is an enemy of the present administration, but also a big friend for big pharma, ebola and the pandemic scaremongering will serve right played the right way, sadly H1N1 proved not so profitable back in 2009, I bet my Latino butt this one will, after all just show some pictures of how poor souls in Africa are dying and just makes you run to the nearest hospital screaming for a vaccine.

What the administration is no telling is that tax dollars that goes to those "poor countries" where people are dying are wasted on supplying the governments with weapons and protection to keep them in power, while the poorest that US aid is suppose to help are dying from ebola, from proper lack treatment, prevention and isolation of affected areas, something that actually is not so hard to do.

Sometimes priorities have a different meaning in the head of corruption this days.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Any bets this was actually Ebola?

April 10, 2014: Lassa virus was unwanted passenger on N.Y.-Mpls. flight

Same case, CDC report.

Lassa Fever Reported in U.S. Traveler Returning from West Africa

edit on 17/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ebola Zaire is spread by bodily fluids and Ebola/Lassa...airborne. This entire Ebola scenario is beginning to look really like some kind of agenda is in operation...other than what we think. Hybrid/manufactured Ebola? Manmade and not just mutation?

When we hear of Tekmira, (Pharmaceuticals) and Monsanto and George Soros and Bill Gates are ALL heavily involved in the whole thing as well as other major pharmaceutical Companies and the Ft. Detrick and USARIID is also(where more diseases are made then cured for reasons of warfare)...one has to wonder if the troops are being sent over to help or will it be a "special" unit to kept track of the situation or for "mop up" later or what. Too many fingers in this nasty pie. Who benefits from this horror. Tekmira stock goes up nicely. Gates always looks so dam* happy and yet he is supposed to be a humanitarian that sees such awful things going on...my tutu. The whole lot of them are corrupt. This Ebola situation ought to be heavily looked into by independents and not the usual dolts.

A vaccine/treatment gets fast tracked and is experimental, folks should think twice about it all...unless it becomes mandatory...then we really should think on it and more. This entire scenario came on so fast and furious we better be careful and more.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Really? Is that our answer to everything now? We're starting to run out of terrorists, so now we have to send armed troops to shoot at a virus? Come on, now......

Last time I checked, ebola was spreading quite freely all on its own, I don't think we need to help liberate it and bring democracy to it...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I did not watch this Ebola thing at all. I was not under the impression that it is that viral, or even that much of an epidemic even in Africa. The cause of this virus and its potential for mass infection may or may not be overstated. Dont take this the wrong way but of the posts I have ran into over the years from you. You do seem to have a over-scaling of things when it comes to such things, at one point it was impossible to read anything you wrote without getting the whole prones disease scare thing coming through.

And were did you get the it could spiral to 277,000 cases by the end of the year thing? Seeing the population of Liberia is what 4 million, so if your right then that is a good chuck of the country for such a short time, and if so then it is an epidemic, crappy conditions in the country or not. Anyways just call me lazy, but I dont want to dig through all those links to find out.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
War on Drugs: Fail
War on Terror: Fail
War on Ebola: This should go well!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

The Ebola epidemic is raging in Africa - apparent even with incomplete under-reporting. The 277,000 figure came from a study commissioned by the US government, published in Eurosurveillance. ...Ten years ago, I started flagging cutting-edge paradigm-shifting scientific research on ATS - and I have not been wrong. Most everything I posted has been verified and validated up the wazoo since, and is making its way into the mainstream. ...As far as this Ebola epidemic goes, if the WHO and the world had jumped in back in March (when I first posted MSF's 'epidemic' call and plea for help), the epidemic would not be out of control now - and you would be saying I was wrong. lol

EARLY TRANSMISSION DYNAMICS OF EBOLA VIRUS DISEASE (EVD), WEST AFRICA, MARCH TO AUGUST 2014

In the hypothetical worst-case scenario that the current situation with an estimated reproduction number R ranging from 1.4 to 1.7 continues for the remainder of the year, we would expect to observe a total of 77,181 to 277,124 additional cases within 2014.

Why is the Ebola epidemic out of control?

Why is the US taking the lead?

Ebola outbreak: Why the U.S. is taking the lead

….[The WHO's] two-year budget had been cut by almost $1 billion and key staff with expertise on emergency response had left as priorities shifted away from potential threats like Ebola.

WHO's epidemic and pandemic response department was dissolved and the outbreak and emergency response section at WHO's Geneva headquarters looked like a ghost town, a WHO consultant told the New York Times.

WHO cut almost all its emergency outbreak experts in Africa to just three before the current Ebola outbreak.

….In the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a budget three times the size of the WHO budget.

….While the U.S. government will now take the lead in the Ebola battle, Obama asked the military to coordinate that effort.

"The U.S. military is really the only organization, perhaps in the entire world, that could provide the support and the resources at the pace necessary to fully respond to the growing outbreak of Ebola," Michaud says.

ETA: Here is an excellent projection chart from ikonoklast, posted here.

edit on 18/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

We shall see. Charts and graphs can be deceiving. You would likely get a better response and grasp of what is going on by going around asking everybody you know both in social media and in real if they have heard seen or know anybody or anybody who knows anybody about this. So who in libeira do you know that would have a more hands on approach to what is going on half way across the world? Your running on presumptions, based on 10year old predictions which were written about on a website? Im not even sure what your trying to say really.

But so far or at least according to a quick search the number of infected cases are around five thousand or something and the death are a little more then half the infected cases. And even that can be attributed to poor health conditions and even the whole scare thing. I mean if somebody comes down with a sickness, generally quarantining them in a old broken down shack is likely to make even the common cold fatal. Which seems to be the response of most of these villages which get hit by it and likely a good chunk of the cases and death could be one or a bunch of things culminating, in fact most viruses dont necessarily kill you, they just leave you weak enough for your environments to kill you, and when that environment is some mud hut in Africa in the midst of a drought and heat, its basically a perfect environment for incubating all kinds of invisible critters and breeding chaos. Basically being poor and the environment there in could be a bigger killer then the actual virus itself.

But 227,000 infected is a projected number, not an actual number as of yet. I mean its good that there taking precautions, and even sending help, but as of yet your still more likely to die of a car crash here in the US and likely every other nation that has running water in its towns and cities, then anything else. The problem in Africa may be more geared toward ecological then viral. And even if was completely viral, then sending in more potential victims and carriers would likely not be the best thing to do, because every single person who went there both as a job or volunteering to help will likely want to come back once its all over.

So 3000 troops could turn into 3000 carriers, if what your going on about even has a remote chance of being that dangerous, then I would say that less, would achieve more, an army does not fight a virus, but one single viral virus can and has taken out whole army's before. However the US army troops would be pretty good at creating quarantine zones in those African countries to help better manage the flow of traffic. But in all I would think there are reasons why this virus only seems to manifest in that part of the world and no were else. Whatever those reasons may be. I think they will likely turn into quite a many conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
He should have started with spec ops troops on the ground to gather intel on ebola, followed by targeted airstrikes against its infrastructure. A psy-Ops campaign could then be used to weaken support for ebola, and finally an amphibious Marine assault on the fortified ebola palace, with hovercraft.

If we don't stop ebola now, it'll be in our cities, our schools, and our churches.

Hahahaha! This was awesome.

BTW this is my first post on ATS, I just joined today but have been following articles on here for over 5 years

On the topic itself, it is definitely another excuse to put American troops on/near valuable resources that other countries like China and Russia are going to be after as well. Cuba sends Doctors, America sends SOLDIERS (to "overlook" the construction of medical centers, which have no states start-dates). Just ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's better to nip the problem in the bud over there than wait for it to get out and affect everybody else.

All deployed to the area should be trained or specialized in biowarfare and dealing with mass casualty scenarios.

Obviously you'll have your medics/corpsmen to provide treatment to the ill. They will also be working to educate people in regards to the outbreak. Also your MPs, to ensure safety and enforce quarantines.

Less obvious but necessary is your intel and counterterrorism units. It's likely there will be various parties actively seeking the virus to use as a biological agent, and they'll need to be stopped.

Not so obvious is Army Corps of Engineers/Seabees. Public infrastructure in regards to health and sanitation is desparately needed in the countries affected by the Ebola outbreak. People need somewhere to go that can be kept contained and clean, because going out in the open with nowhere else to go is a major disease vector. (Not just Ebola virus, but cholera and several other illnesses that require medical attention.) This should be addressed as part of the clean water programs already in Africa, but apparently is being neglected.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join