It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Send 3,000 troops to Tackle Ebola

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
It's offensive for you to think fellow Americans would act like Africans in a situation like that.

Be as offended as much as you like

I still remember new footage of wide spread caos after hurricane Katrina

Now I not all Americas like that and many places are "civilised" as you put in your xenophobic brain.

But there are plenty of areas that are not.

So stomp and rave and get offend as much as you like

Go send a mod alert about how I used offensive language by calling Americans like Africans

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hey if you didn't notice the USA is BANKRUPT! This team America crap costs MONEY! Meanwhile these African leaders and politicians are millionaires and billionaires! If they don't care about their own country why the hell should Americañs? Nigeria a modern civilized country from African standards allows terrorists to walk into it's country and take 200+ girls captive! Africa will never change until another superpower takes it over! Let the Chinese have it! Oh I guess we could expect a response from South Africa right? WRONG! Mandella and his moronic patsies have destroyed what SA used to be..... A prosperous industrialized first world country that could throw some weight around in the world. Now it's just another has been African failure living on the fumes of generations past!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

And it's offensive for you to think that somehow Americans are better "plague fighters". Don't judge until you've been in a situation like that. Those 3000 troops might just SAVE YOUR ASS to live another day by controlling the spread to the U.S. Then again it might be too late.

Armchair experts...gotta love em.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: Restricted
Why is it always the US who has to do these things? Why doesn't Europe or Asia or Russia or South America step in?

I'm sick to death of it always being the US in harm's way.

Its not always easy leading the way through darkness Restricted. Somebody has to however...
NAMASTE*******

Your right someone has to. But there are many other capable countries out there that can do it. America is not the only country, and nor should we be..

-SAP-

Acknowledged SloAnPainful. It just seems that special serum came from the USA so maybe behind the scenes that is why the USA was tasked because of medical and quarantine capabilities. Where as elsewhere it may not be handled or contained properly causing more issues abroad... But as said your points are acknowledged

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

That's a good point. However this could be larger team effort with everyone equally contributing to the overall possible success of actually stopping the spread.

Same number of personal all around between all countries involved, not sure if that would be logistically possible but it's a thought.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
It's offensive for you to think fellow Americans would act like Africans in a situation like that.

Be as offended as much as you like

I still remember new footage of wide spread caos after hurricane Katrina

Now I not all Americas like that and many places are "civilised" as you put in your xenophobic brain.

But there are plenty of areas that are not.

So stomp and rave and get offend as much as you like

Go send a mod alert about how I used offensive language by calling Americans like Africans

Lol yeah you're right and guess where all those Katrinians said up shop? Houston and guess what Houston is pretty much a third world city like LA, New Orleans, Detroit, NYC, etc.

Xenophobic? Ha what to play the race card. You should have just said I'm racist. There 101 other countries in the world that can step up and help out the world but instead they criticize America as an imperialistic meddler! Where is India? Brazil? Russia? China? Oh instead of caring about the poor Africans they out looking after their own interests while bashing America! But it's funny everyone even still wants to flock to MY country to live! The Chinese are pathetic! The Indians are still living in poverty on a massive scale and Brazil? Ha they have taken over the entire global beef supply including Americas yet can't manage to help fight terrorism or Ebola but have plenty of money to play soccer while their people live in shanty towns! So yeah you bet your Limey arse I'm exonophobic!!!!!! And proud of it!

The rest of the world has every right to be xenophobic but as Americans we are supposed to be mother Theresa and empty out bank account for people that despise our way of life? America in the 21st century----the worlds door mat!

(post by Restricted removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21
When I heard the news today, that's what I thought, too.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd imagine that the 3000 troops we're sending would be mostly a mix of medical for treatment, engineers for building facilities, NBC corps for decontamination and the other helpful skill sets and gear they have, logistical troops for supply and coordination, along with a contingent of either MP or infantry for force protection/security.

I wasn't medical or chemical corps when i was in, but I did attend a two week long NBC defense course taught by the NBC battalion in my division that was heavy on chemical decontamination procedures. They taught that course about once a quarter and we'd send one person per platoon everytime thecourse was offered. This was in one of those "low iq" grunt battallions. So the military has a reservoir of people who have some skills that would be helpful outside of medical and nbc corps.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I don't see what 3 thousand American troops that are military will do to "tackle Ebola" it makes no sense unless the president is paving the road to bring infected troops back to the US to infect their families and love ones.

Our military is not the CDC.

This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In 2012 there were reports of them sending exactly 3,000 troops in 2013... many to the same areas Ebola is now spreading.
Genocide perhaps?

www.armytimes.com...
rt.com...

George Soros has had his hand in Sierra Leone for a while too, which some of you know about already.
blogs.reuters.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like a good way to spread even more Ebola and even bring it back to the states....
Also if it comes here on its own well many of our troops will be gone and unable to contain a potential influx of more 'refugees' because of an outbreak on this side of the planet.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wonder if those 3000 soldiers will become the testing rats for the ebola vaccine that is ready for testing.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've got to disagree vehemently with those saying we should not use military forces to aid the situation in West Africa, though i absolutely agree that our service members should not be guinea pigs for untested vaccines.

The hysterical horse crap spewing from some members on this thread is unbecoming of our community here at ats, and shows a total lack of critical thought.

Yes, deploying to an ebola hot zone is dangerous and has some serious risks. But these are people
people have already VOLUNTEERED to serve our nation in whatever battles the political leadership of this nation chooses to fight.

I would suggest that servicemembers are much less likely to bring this home than aid workers, oil patch workers, or others coming from the area. I say this becauseit's inherently easier to observe and isolate them than civilians. It would also be extremely easy to isolate all returning soldiers for the duration of the incubation period upon exit from the hot zone. Diego Garcia, Guantanamo, NTC,or a secluded portion of almost any stateside base would be perfect for isolation between deployment and return to family.

I understand this is scary, but it seems like many are letting their fear override their common sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There must be a natural resource under the people with Ebola.
I just don't think it wise to be sending our people there when they can get it, lose their life, or bring it back and start a epidemic right here at home. We shouldn't be taking chances like this. Air drop the vaccine in. You know, the one that the doc's seem to be getting

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, since Fort Dietrick and USAMARID have been mentioned relevant to all of this...I feel so much better now...NOT. Those folks spend more time on developing germ war fare crap then just about anyone. Sending troops over sounds really off the wall. Could be as someone here said...use the troops relevant to testing another vaccine. It is a known fact that the troops get shot up first and foremost and are often guinea pigs for something new.

The fact that Bill gates has been so active in Africa and with his "vaccines" and he advocates population control should give one pause right there.

And this crap about Katrina. I live where it all went down in Louisiana and what a load. Most of the blacks were looting for food, diapers, water and basic needs while the cops down there were actually stealing and storing stuff for themselves..even new cars. There were arrests later of those fine "men in blue". Folks from all over the country and even locals tried to bring basic needs to the locked down folks there and were turned away. Those people needed supplies and were deprived of same. Most folks would steal formula and food and such for their kids. Did any news footage show troops handing out basic supplies or even bottled water? NO!!! All they did down there was collect guns from everyone they could and ride around in military vehicles. No food or blankets or water was on those trucks! Lots of lies and false reporting relevant to Katrina and I get so sick of hearing that crap. Mercs or whoever those uniformed guys were did a lot of the "shooting". If ya don't know, don't blow.

This entire Ebola scenario is odd...so much happened so fast and then the Prez signs that executive order to "detain" or apprehend folks that have respiratory problems and quarantine them and what....put them in with suspected Ebola folks? Whats up with that. They can apprehend and detain for respiratory only...then what...will they be collecting up those kids here with that so called mystery illness that isn't? This entire Ebola scenario is really starting to stink to high heaven and if forced vaccines/treatments start next...oh boy, won't that make ya feel safe too. Especially if such is so called new and fast tracked and experimental. I feel better already...NOT.

Those that think sending troops over is a good idea...go join them then and good luck.

Interesting also to note that the map of Africa relevant to Ebola out breaks lines up almost identical to where all the gas/oil interests along the coast and such are located. What if those industry workers are "protected" some how and the locals are not. Good way to kill off all those folks. Then no hassle for acquiring land and minerals and whatever else suits their wants and greedy needs.

edit on 16-9-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

I am realizing that the detention of people suspected of upper respiratory diseases is due to the D68, that seems to target children with compromised immune system and asthma, this is a viral infection but not ebola

Interestingly the government knew this was coming.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies so somebody may have mentioned this already.

On NPR this morning they outlined what the troop breakdown would be. I do not remember all they said but a large number that stuck in my head was a group of specialized burial people. Along with a lot of body bags.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join