It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of ATS members fantasize about taking out a room full of bad guys Bruce Willis style. Gun + Average Joe = Hero as a default. I mean, if someone is threatening me with lethal violence for non compliance, I'm sure not gonna be like "lets trade shots and insure someone dies." And if they're just stealing stuff, why would i want to take their lives?

This isn't the middle ages. Thievery shouldn't be met with death.

Now, i could understand if they were actively trying to kill you. Like you had pissed off a mob boss or something. If its death vs. death, well best not to die yourself. But i think a responsible gun owner would do ones best to avoid that.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

There are many examples of home invasions and robberies where the criminal decides to murder the victim even though he or she cooperated.

I do not trust nor rely on the mercy of a criminal who has already invaded my home.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe you are more lenient than I, I don't know. I busted my ass for everything I have, I am not going to let anyone take it without a fight. I am not willing to give anyone that breaks into my house the benefit of the doubt, if they break into my house, I am assuming they want to kill me to keep me quiet. It's them or me, and if I can help it, it won't be me.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think your taking the bigger risk by engaging in a gunfight, presumably with your family present, than you are cooperating and trying to make it out of the situation peacefully.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
People that violently enter your home are not usually interested in peaceful solutions.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

I think your taking the bigger risk by engaging in a gunfight, presumably with your family present, than you are cooperating and trying to make it out of the situation peacefully.

I think I've been in a few more fire fights than you have.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

And you consider a kill first attitude to be the moral high ground when compared to thievery? Since when do we hold out less value for human life than we do for material possessions?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think you are living in a pipe dream.

If someone breaks into my home while my family and I are home, they are considered a threat. I will assume that they intend to do me harm and, if I can help it, they will die.

It's that simple.

Like another poster said, I refuse to rely on the "mercy" of an intruder....too many instances where people are killed, because....well, dead men tell no tales and without witnesses no one knows who committed the crime < intruder logic.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I'll bet more often than not they don't want escalating their crimes to outright murder.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Why are you whitewashing home invasion as "thievery"

I'll bet more often than not they don't want escalating their crimes to outright murder.

And you're willing to bet the life of your family and your own life on this assumption?
Well, not me buddy. Sorry, but again...I think you're living in fantasy land.

(Willing to bet you are fairly young or you have got to be one of those "left wing nuts"....just sayin')
edit on 14-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Okay? Well, I would assume, that they were pretty dangerous?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
So what do I use for wasps?

Uhh your handgun silly. Haven't you ever seen Wanted? Just aim n shoot, lol

Wasp spray, one of the stupidest answers for self defense

I can't bear to watch national news or local anymore.

edit on 14-9-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

link   
Thing is, breaking into homes is not only thievery. It's not the same as shoplifting. You are violating the sanctity of someone's home, and doing so while people are home is so much worse.

Maybe you have never been robbed, I don't know. It was a horrible feeling for me. I thought my apt was safe, it was mine. For a long time after I was scared. I am not a little man, and it's not easy to admit, but I was scared. I didn't know who it was that entered my home and took everything of value I owned. Probably irrational, but for months afterward, everytime someone knocked or pounded on my door, my heart would go berserk. Was it those people back again? Just as everything calmed down again, a crackhead tried to force his way in my APT(90% sure hired by a drug dealer that I showed up a few days earlier that week) with a large kitchen knife. I warned him a few times, them shot his ass with my shotgun. He has a bad night getting the buckshot removed. A few days later I decided to move from white plains and go back home to the country, been in the country ever since.

edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:25:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Jakal26

"Assume" anything you want, I guess. If its easy enough to justify killing based around assumptions, then i have no argument against it.

link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Second line..

Because he has no idea and will never bother to do any research on the matter. He also has no combat experience, no active self protection experience, nor does he understand how unpredictable and dangerous home invasions can be.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

"Assume" anything you want, I guess. If its easy enough to justify killing based around assumptions, then i have no argument against it.

If someone comes in my house...

I "assume" they want to be dead.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Okay? Well, I would assume, that they were pretty dangerous?

Indeed.

But in active self protection there is a concept called "violence of action". Act fast, appropriately violent, and do so until the threat stops.

I also learned that if you have"cooperate" with criminals, being the predators they are, they tend to take things further. Especially with women and young girls.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Exactly!

Well said.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy a long time ago. We had almost this exact discussion. Within said discussion, I asked him a simple question...If he KNEW for a fact that an intruder sought to kill him, would he kill them if he could. His answer was no. I kid you not. And he was damned serious.

He told me that even if someone took his life or was going to, he couldn't bear thinking about killing another.
I left the conversation....no point arguing that kind of logic.

Some people...
I think their ideals would change if the proverbial fire was put under their ass, but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Are they, like, Mongolians or something? I'm pretty sure they are there because they want something. i dont think they are just going to take up residence in your house.

And you're willing to bet the life of your family and your own life on this assumption?

And? You're assuming they are thereto kill you. And your assuming that you will be able to kill them. However, if they are not hurting you, you are the one escalating the violence to lethal levels. At least my choice leaves room for everyone to live instead of ensuring that someone dies.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Some people believe self defense is more deplorable than the criminal acts committed against victims.

Reminds me of politicians who to relax while getting raped or the liberal version, pee yourself to make it less desirable.

edit on pSun, 14 Sep 2014 23:14:00 -0500201414America/Chicago2014-09-14T23:14:00-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join