It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I have my three step plan for your plan.

The Jury Has reached a verdict, Guilty as charged, Thank you your Honor.

Murder is Murder my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've never wanted to own a gun until now. This advice is the single most inane and offensive piece of drivel I have ever heard.

I promise it will be a cold day in hell before I treat a home invader 'like royalty' or refuse to 'lie to them.'

Yep, a gun purchase is in my immediate future.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That entire article is predicated on the long standing liberal defense philosophy of de-escalation of force. De-escalation of force does NOT work on someone who is willing to invade your home, knowing you're likely there, have already prepared themselves for conflict.

Only a liberal thinks you can pick up a turd from the clean end.

Conflict is ugly. Self-defense against violent invasion or attack on the street does NOT look like a hollywood movie. You can't talk your way out of a firefight in war.
edit on pSun, 14 Sep 2014 12:43:08 -0500201414America/Chicago2014-09-14T12:43:08-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

You have to survive the encounter first.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
. I have my own three step plan for dealing with criminals threatening me and my family; 1) Fire Gun, 2) If invader is still moving, repeat step one, 3) Call police to clean up mess from my floor.

My plan is a little different since I have absolutely ZERO confidence in the legal system and I live out in the middle of nowhere.

1. Shoot threat
2. Keep shooting threat until dead
3. Dump body in the woods to feed coyotes, bears and mountain lions

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

3. Dump body in the woods to feed coyotes, bears and mountain lions

Let's not advocate criminal activity in response to criminal activity shall we?

Leave that up to the anti-gun crowd who regularly advocate violence against gun owners to get their way.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Your three step plan, much better than the cads at NBC.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

And tragically when there are so many in society with your attitude, that's what self-defense is. Why should I just let someone coming to kill me, kill me? What does it gain me to have the moral high ground if I have to die for it to happen? I honestly don't care that you'll honor me for being a victim afterward, and truly, with the leftist worldview, I can't even count on that because if the murderer in question is of the right minority group, you'll often excuse the murder on the grounds that "society" led him or her to it.

So, whatever, but I think I'll stick with defending myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Maybe I should hang a sign in my yard pointing out which of my neighbors are anti gun and which are pro NRA. That might be the best defense for my home..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
all a criminal/burglar would have to do is this:

>stake out pro-nra people.
>grasp their daily routine.
>break in about 1:00pm; parents at work, kids at school, luchbreaks over, etc.
>steal gun left in nightstand.
>use said gun in future crimes.

most burglars aren't interested in confrontation, they prefer the easy way of robbing empty houses.
edit on 14-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Step 4: throw your unloaded gun at intruders, then run.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Guns are for crazy people and drug dealers.
If someone storms my home, it's full paint cans suspended from rope, right in the face. I've also greased the floors in front of all windows, scatter marbles in front of the doors at night, and put roller skates on the stairs. I also screw plywood over all openings once I am safely inside with my fake t.v. turned on. And yes, it makes me feel safe without dangerous guns in the house.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis
Hi there Kevin. Aren't you a little young for ATS?
edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 13:54:58 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: NavyDoc

I don't think you get it.

it's not like most rapes are the violent (dark alley in shady neighborhood at night)-kind anyway, usually they're someone the victim knows, either a boyfriend or acquaintance, or classmate.

I think the "not carrying a gun" part is more about not having it used against you or ripped out of your hands in close quarters. or misfiring, or whatever.

furthermore while the producers are celebs, the actual advice-giving source appears to be a hostage-negotiator/police officer with several years experience, and who's probably more qualified than you to talk about this sort of thing.

Nonsense. Self defense is an anathema to many cops. They often don't want people to defend themselves at all as that encroaches upon their patch.

However, many, many, many law enforcement support self defense and firearms for self defense. Only the leftist political animals are held up by the media as "experts" and the rest of the law enforcement that says differently is ignored.

You really have no idea what I do or do not know.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

This should be titled "3 steps on how to get yourself killed or seriously injured"

I swear, the ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me.

ETA: I see this info is coming from a former NYPD detective/negotiator. Now this foolish information makes sense, it's from an anti-gun city.

Well of course. He gets his marching orders and he has his script. Can't have the sheep be able to take care of themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I live in an apartment so it's REAL close if someone is blasting at the door,I have this "DEATH DEALER" axe,I had made...

Amen Trooper.
The only WASP spray one's getting in my place is yours, if you're
a blond wierdo kleptoing my stuff or me unannounced.

Your last step is the same as mine bud.

*Skill
*Speed
*Surprise
* and Sharp
It's only 4.4 real inches of usable but it's got spunk.

The Providence plant made a short run of rock-hard D2's
instead of the 400C stainless jobs; and it'll punch through
a #1 vest ON an old Caddy hood with one hit.
I know it'll make me sound too much like Tackleberry
V.2.0, but Dawn gave it to me on our third date. It must be love...
EDIT:: PS it was her dad's. Christ I oughta marry 'er...
edit on 14-9-2014 by derfreebie because: Samurai diet, no waiting free sushi on birthday we go now

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
Hi Ladyinwaiting, Use A Can of Bear Repellant If you don't like guns, you'll find Bear Repellant much more effective than a little can of pepper spray. You can buy it online or at your local Sporting goods store, it's Non Lethal, Legal and a lot more effective. Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Bear Spray! I'm going to get some on it's way! Didn't know there was such a thing. Gawd. I bet it stinks to high heavens. But Thanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: SLAYER69

If someone has entered a home uninvited there is a tried and true method of dealing with the situation.

Give em three warning shots, Two in the Chest, One in the Head.

I prefer three to the head. But, we are definitely on the same page.

Wasp spray....Sheesh

The head provides a smaller target and should only be targetted in extreme close up.

Police and armed forces are told to target the trunk of the body as there is a better chance of hitting it.

Also, somewhat surprisingly, many head shots turn out to be non-fatal for various reasons (bullet ricochets off skull or penetrates lower face or neck).

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

I'll keep my guns and take my chances.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The price of a can of high strength pepper spray for bears makes a box of pistol cartridges look like a pretty good bargain.
edit on 9/14/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join