It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I also learned that if you have"cooperate" with criminals, being the predators they are, they tend to take things further. Especially with women and young girls.

Some people would do well to pay particular attention to these words right here!

I'd rather die on my feet that to bow down and "kiss the feet" of a thug. Like others have said, if you want what is mine (objects and, more importantly, my family) you are going to have to fight me to the death to get it. Period. I will not be getting on my knees willingly.

Some would like to call this "internet bad ass talk"...and I'll agree, for some it probably is.
Only thing I have to say about that to anyone that thinks that.....test me! (Hopefully, I'm home without the fam around when that happens....that way "full ugly" can come on out. Some days, I almost wish "full ugly" could be released...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

And you just happy to do that for them, aren't you? People like you, who treat life like nothing, are no better than the criminals you pretend to be against.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Maybe not...but I'm alive and my family is safe.
The rest is details and subjective interpretation.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Provided you playing hero didn't get you all killed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Provided kissing ass don't get you killed just as much though. People do kill frequently to make sure no witnesses can finger them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Are they, like, Mongolians or something? I'm pretty sure they are there because they want something. i dont think they are just going to take up residence in your house.

This kind of reply would almost be funny if I didn't know you were serious.
Maybe that "something" they want isn't an object(s)...maybe it is someone's little girl, maybe their wife...maybe it is your life. Not all home invasions are for the objective of stealing stuff. You'd do well to go learn a thing or two about that.
Like I said, I believe you are very young and have no idea what you are talking about here...either that, or...well, you just don't know what you are talking about.

And your assuming that you will be able to kill them.

No...I am not assuming anything. I will be doing, or trying my best to. "Better to live on thy feet" and all that. I LIVE by that, it isn't just something I spout off online. You'd also do well to learn there are many like me who live by this simple code.

However, if they are not hurting you, you are the one escalating the violence to lethal levels. At least my choice leaves room for everyone to live instead of ensuring that someone dies.

No...they escalated it to violence by entering MY home.
Your "choice" leaves room for getting people raped, tortured, killed.....Know who the BTK killer was? Maybe you should study up on that one, young buck.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Here, your homework assigment...you might learn a little something about home invasions.

And that is off the top...I could go on and on and on all night long with different examples. That dude just sticks out in my head because I used to do a lot of research on the motives of some of these sick bastards.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Are you in that kind of danger a lot?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Are they, like, Mongolians or something? I'm pretty sure they are there because they want something. i dont think they are just going to take up residence in your house.

Comments like this are so naive. So instead of arguing with you, I will SHOW YOU what can happen

Dr. Petit's Story

Here are some of the details:

On the late afternoon of July 22, 2007, 48-year-old Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her 11-year-old daughter Michaela Petit went to a local grocery store in Cheshire. They picked up food for the evening meal that Michaela would prepare for themselves, the family's husband and father William Petit, and 17-year-old daughter Hayley Petit. The trip to the grocery store attracted the attention of assailants, escalating over the next several hours, into July 23, with a home invasion, felony theft, sexual assaults, arson, the murder of Jennifer, Michaela and Hayley, and the restraining of survivor William.[4]

The predators caught the scent of their prey.

As Jennifer Hawke-Petit and Michaela Petit shopped on July 22 at a local supermarket, they had been targeted by Komisarjevsky, who followed them home. The eventual assailants texted one another. Hayes first messaged Komisarjevsky, "I'm chomping at the bit to get started. Need a margarita soon." Hayes then texted, "We still on?" Komisarjevsky replied, "Yes." Hayes' next text asks, "Soon?", to which Komisarjevsky replied with "I'm putting the kid to bed hold your horses". Hayes then asserts "Dude, the horses want to get loose. LOL."[5][6]

The predators got the taste of for blood and rape.

According to Hayes' confession, the two men planned to rob the house under cover of darkness and flee the scene with the family bound and unharmed. Hayes attributed the outcome of the spree to a change in their plan. Upon their arrival in the early hours of July 23, they found William Petit was sleeping on a couch on the porch.[7] With a baseball bat Komisarjevsky had found in the yard, he struck William on the head and then restrained him in the basement at gunpoint. Following the restraining, the children and the mother were bound and locked in their respective rooms. Hayes says he and Komisarjevsky were not satisfied with their haul, and that a bankbook was found which had an available balance. Hayes convinced Jennifer to withdraw $15,000 from her line of credit when the bank opened.[1][8]

A gas station's video surveillance shows Hayes purchasing $10 worth of gasoline in two cans he had taken from the Petit home. After returning to the house, and unloading the gas, he took Jennifer to the bank. The prosecution later entered this as evidence of premeditated murder.[9] The defense entered arguments pertaining to the exact whereabouts of the containers, signaling foul play. The bank surveillance cameras captured the transaction which shows Hawke-Petit in the morning of July 23 as she informed the teller of her situation. The bank manager then called 911 and reported the details to police while Hawke-Petit was still at the teller. The manager reported to the 911 dispatcher, in real time, as Hawke-Petit left the bank and was picked up by Hayes—describing his clothing as he drove away with Hawke-Petit. The manager stated that Hawke-Petit had indicated the assailants were "being nice", and she believed they only wanted money.

The Cheshire police response to the bank's "urgent bid" began with assessing the situation and setting up a vehicle perimeter.[10] The police used up more than half an hour taking these preliminary measures while the assailants were raping and murdering the women inside the house.[11] The police made no contact with the occupants of the house, making no effort to make the assailants aware of a police presence.[11]

During this time, Hayes and Komisarjevsky escalated the aggravated nature of their crimes. Komisarjevsky raped the 11-year-old Michaela.[12][13] Komisarjevsky, who had photographed the sexual assault of the youth on his cell phone,[14] then provoked Hayes to rape Hawke-Petit. While Hayes was raping Hawke-Petit on the floor of her living room, Komisarjevsky entered the room announcing that William Petit had escaped. Hayes then strangled Hawke-Petit, doused her lifeless body and parts of the house including the daughters' rooms with gasoline. The daughters, while tied to their beds, had both been doused with gasoline; each had her head covered with a pillowcase.[15] A fire was then ignited, and Hayes and Komisarjevsky fled the scene. Hayley and Michaela both died from smoke inhalation.[16]

Initially planning to rob the house..You know, thievery, their crimes escalated as they continued to take advantage of the family they were terrorizing inside.

There is far more to this story. The details are so horrid and terrifying that even pulling up this story is disturbing to me.

I will NEVER allow myself to cooperate or rely on the mercy of criminals. There is NO TELLING what they will do once they have full control.

I have a wife and young daughter, just like Dr. Petit once did, the poor man. I will not watch my wife and daughter be rape while I lie helpless to do anything about it.

Break into my home and you die.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You probably could go on all night. So could I with counter examples. Doesn't prove that its safer to risk a gun fight than comply.

link   

What kind of danger are you referring to? Home invasion?
No...because I live in a very rural area where that kind of thing isn't all that common. However, I have lived in inner-city Chicago and other places far more dangerous than the area I currently live in (and grew up in)....I have no rose colored glasses about the fact that there are evil people on this planet and they don't care about your delicate f#$king sensibilities towards violence or killing. Like I said, you'd do well to learn that before it is too late. I hope you never have to find out the hard way, for your own sake.

link   

originally posted by: bullhunter
reply to: projectvxn

It depends where you live, in a bigger city they can be at any point in five minutes or less.

Five minutes is plenty of time for someone on the lower end of that bell curve to wallow you out AND steal your #

Out of the 4,000 cases studied, the overall average time was 5.4 minutes between initiation of sex and ejaculation.

plenty of time .

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Giving examples is pointless. A lot of CAN happen, doesn't mean they will. To act like there's less risk in trying kill is intellectually dishonest. That's why your arguments hold little weight.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Are you in that kind of danger a lot?

Dr. Petit lived in a very nice neighborhood where things like this almost never happen.

Criminals are not predictable.

Lastly people like me don't have firearms and training because we expect to be attacked ALL the time. It is a matter of survival to increase ones chances of coming home or effectively protecting ones home from the potential that something like that might happen.

Save your lectures for victims like Dr. Petit. I'm sure your moral superiority of passivity would have helped him and his family...Oh wait, it didn't.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Learn what? Did you not see my first post?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Yeah...that is a VERY disturbing case right there. I had almost forgot about it.
I doubt this kid will even read it. Sad really.

The conditioning is strong in some. I fear that this country is going in that direction.
It is the ONLY reason I would bother to participate in a thread like this. We simply cannot afford for that type of logic to take hold in the majority. If that happens, we are going to end up with a civil war on our hands when the "new majority" decides that those of us not willing to risk it and "comply" are, in "fact", the dangerous ones. When they decide our guns.........well, you know where I'm going with that.

........sort of growing tired of trying to speak sense to the senseless logic of some here and abound, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Giving examples is pointless. A lot of CAN happen, doesn't mean they will. To act like there's less risk in trying kill is intellectually dishonest. That's why your arguments hold little weight.

Yes a lot can happen.

The example was meant to show you what can happen if you rely on the mercy of criminals. There are thousands of these examples.

You go ahead believing what you want.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And there are thousands of counter examples that show my point.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Then show them. Do they outnumber the many cases that prove every day that having a gun and being willing to use it deters you from being a victim?

edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:36:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And there are thousands of counter examples that show my point.

Circular logic to back up the "moral superiority" of being a victim?

This conversation is useless.

Good night.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join