It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

"Assume" anything you want, I guess. If its easy enough to justify killing based around assumptions, then i have no argument against it.

I don't think Jakal26 is making assumptions. IMO it's safe to say that if someone forcibly enters your home it isn't to sell you magazines, or cookies.

Invaders are only after two things; valuables, or to get their dick wet (severely beating you/cutting you up may just be an added bonus).

Do you really feel like playing the odds?
edit on 14-9-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Where I live (no guns for us) this is the thing to do according our to law enforcement.
Get one of those air horns used at sporting events (loud as hell).

When you hear someone downstairs, lock your bedroom door and blow away.
Then call the police. Good advice imo...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Then show what? A thousand examples of home invasions (or muggings or whatever) that resolved without violence?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Either way you are still playing the odds. Having a gun doesn't make you indestructible.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar
Yes, show me thousands of home invasions that ended with puppies and rainbows for complying with the criminals.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Nevermind.

I tell you what, just keep your "logic"....I'll keep mine.
There is no "intellectual dishonesty" in knowing that I will NOT stand for others invading MY home. There is no dishonesty in telling you I would rather die fighting that to bow to my knees for some thugs. It's a pretty simple concept.

I didn't say I would just start shooting wildly at anything that moved. What makes you think such a scenario hasn't played out in my life in the past? I didn't say that, now did I?

I could tell you about the time I put a .22 round in the ass of a guy that was breaking into my truck. It wouldn't matter, you'd claim I was the one "escalating violence"....and you'd damned well be right! I did. Woke up, saw it. I intentionally shot him in the ass. I could have taken a head shot. I didn't.

Had that happened in some city, I'd probably be locked up.
Instead, here in this small town, you know what happened? The guy cried like a little girl..."why'd you shoot me"..."Because you broke in my truck, b#tch, wtf do you think"....Cop shows up. I tell him (over the crying little man) what went down....he looks over and tells the guy to quit whining, he did it to himself.

Scot free...It hasn't happened since. That was a decade ago.
(And generally I don't post that stuff here...but what the hey.) No real point, just that...yeah, I'll "escalate the violence" if someone seeks to take from me or mine. period. There is no conversation to be had, really.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Either way you are still playing the odds. Having a gun doesn't make you indestructible.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yes, show me thousands of home invasions that ended with puppies and rainbows for complying with the criminals.

Right i'm not sure how i would find statistics on incidents like that which did not end in violence. I will look though, maybe you should to?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Maybe don't make up bull# statistics and claim them as fact next time then. I didn't make the claim, you did. In my life, I have never heard of a single home invasion that ended well. Maybe the tristate is just bad in that stat, I kinda doubt it though. No one wants to get caught, and getting rid of the witnesses is one way to try and make that happen. Home invaders don't care about anyone other than themselves, why would silencing the witnesses be such a stretch?

edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:47:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I know, right.
Second line, though I'm inclined to leave it since that seems to have went the way of the wind here at ATS...and since I'm getting lazy trying to talk sense to someone who just isn't listening or is just having fun trolling this board.

Make it up as you go along....
Denying ignorance indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Maybe don't make up bull# statistics and claim them as fact next time then.

Uh, not sure what you mean. There are examples of that occurring. That is fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: projectvxn

Exactly!

Well said.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy a long time ago. We had almost this exact discussion. Within said discussion, I asked him a simple question...If he KNEW for a fact that an intruder sought to kill him, would he kill them if he could. His answer was no. I kid you not. And he was damned serious.

He told me that even if someone took his life or was going to, he couldn't bear thinking about killing another.
I left the conversation....no point arguing that kind of logic.

Some people...
I think their ideals would change if the proverbial fire was put under their ass, but I could be wrong.

I also have this viewpoint. If one person is coming away from the encounter dead for absolute certain, does it really matter who? To the person who lives it does but to society? Is there any difference between who lives and who dies? From my perspective the two lives are interchangeable.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Not everybody owns a gun, or wants one. I keep a little thing of pepperspray in my bedside table and car, but not adverse to using bugspray if that wasn't enough. Or if I should miss, which I understand happens quite often. Squirming, attacking interlopers don't make ready pepperspray targets.

A little advice on Pepper Spray.

It works about 15 seconds after its been sprayed.

I would recommend blunt force trauma.

Also if a home invader breaks in with a gun your spray is useless.

is pepper spray flammable ? if so keep a lighter handy as well

the article should really be titles 3 steps to getting yourself killed or seriously injured
edit on 14-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A few lucky examples =/= thousands.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

And you just happy to do that for them, aren't you? People like you, who treat life like nothing, are no better than the criminals you pretend to be against.

I would rather be judged by 12 than buried by 6.

You damn right I would do it to protect my Family.

I hope I never have to hurt anyone...But, I will not hesitate.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If one person is coming away from the encounter dead for absolute certain, does it really matter who?

Yeah, actually it does.

Is there any difference between who lives and who dies?

Again...yes, it does.

From my perspective the two lives are interchangeable.

Yeah? Tell that to those who have had children and loved ones murdered.

You might not have any respect for your life or for those around you, but many of us do.

This kind of logic used to blow my mind until I realized how many hold this kind of belief.
You will sing a different tune if it ever happens to you, of that I am certain. There is this little pesky thing...it's called "fight or flight"...you will fight if someone has you in a position where "flight" is not an option, of that I am also certain.

(And what are you, about 12 as well?...I cannot come up with any other conclusion that you guys spouting this garbage are very young, very naive, or very dumb...sorry, I just cannot think of any other reason for this. Well, one. Like I said before....no respect for your life. I feel sorry for you if that is the case)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In that case, a good can of hair spray and a good torch would do the trick, if that is all one has at one's disposal.
Might not be a good idea to set the invader on fire though. Running about with head on fire in your home might just result in the loss of your home.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I also have this viewpoint. If one person is coming away dead, does it really matter who?

Yes. For example, if Albert Fish was attacking Albert Einstein whose death would be the greatest detriment to society?

Is there any difference between who lives and who dies?

I personally believe that there is a veritable smorgasbord of undesirables the world would be better off without.

From my perspective the two lives are interchangeable.

That's just plain sad. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or mean, but that some of the saddest, most convoluted lines of tripe I've ever read here on ATS.

If you value your life so little then be sure to sign a DNR and check the box to be an organ donor. There's lots of people out there that want to fight for their lives.

edit on 15-9-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I personally believe that there is a veritable smorgasbord of undesirables the world would be better off without.

Indeed there is!
Well said.

That's just plain sad. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or mean, but that some of the saddest, most convoluted lines of tripe I've ever read here on ATS.

I agree. I thought I had read it all here at ATS, I guess I was wrong.
I thought the pinnacle of ignorance was the "Grand toilet paper conspiracy" thread.....again, I was wrong.

I was hoping that the conversation I had where such a thing was stated to me was a product of "fb world"....and yet again, I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I couldn't agree more with you even if I tried! +1.

You're not a genius because you're popular. I dare say the majority of them (in Hollywood) are idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join