It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come to realize most of you only want to protect your ability to be a jerk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The frothing mad people in this thread are hilarious. lol HOW DARE SOMEONE NOT LIKE THE RIGHT-WING AND RANT ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE WHERE THEY POST ALL KINDS OF AWFUL THINGS?!?! The nerve!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Republicans/Democrats...just labels that mean nothing. On most levels, they are the same faction...that is why nothing ever seems to change for the better no matter WHO gets voted in. It's a rigged game and we are all the pawns and it is hard to believe that there are still so many folks out there that believe their "party" makes a difference or that votes really matter...from "pregnant chads" that should have been aborted anyway to electronic voting that can be hacked by anyone with tech savvy, the idea of any party having any worth today is stunning. The military/industrial/corporate complex is what it is and in the scheme of things...the parties don't give a flying fig one way or the other for us peons in the long run.

The day that crooks from either party actually get arrested and have to answer for their crimes against us and/or humanity, then, I might feel better about things. They all spend our money like water...$600 toilet sets and studies about why mice eat a certain type cheese or whatever, while the rest of us live from pay check to paycheck...they all give themselves big pay raises and we get cuts. It is all crap. They commit big crimes and get away with an awful lot while the little guy gets the shaft for doing a lot less. When the laws line up to be more equal, that would be a good start. Folks from any political party have one set of rules and there are other sets for the average joe.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First, MarlinGrace please get your fact from multiple sources. The entire post is disjointed and filled with misdirection by other sources.
Now, to all may I suggest Robert A. Heinlein, Grand Master of Science Fiction, etc. One, a paraphrase, Republican, Democrat all are labels of convenience. The truth is there are exactly two kinds of people; those that want to control you and those with no such idea. Secondly, read "For Us The Living," most excellent discussion from 1939 about money and politics, and rational behavior. It would drive both Wing Nuts to horrible actions. By the way, in the world some nuts turn to the right and some to the left, either wants to control everyone else.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh well, boo hoo, this kind of sounds like one of those false dichotomy propositions being flaunted here, you know, the conservatives are bad 'cause (and then just crap up). Such is life, I think Frank Zappa and Denis Leary said it pretty good about the PC bunch.... Sheik YerBouti lol

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/13.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've come to realize a few things after my rant.

-Most can dish it out but can't take it.
-Some can't tell the difference between right, left, democrat, republican.
-Most can't read past right-wingers and actually address anything I said.
-There's a few rational people still left among the right here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Individuals you say! Right to live as you choose you say! Government's too big you say! You really, really think you mean this too. But, you don't. Why? Because what you actually want is a tyrannical government run by people who think the same way you do. Government's only too big because it includes people different from you.

That is the only thing in this otherwise humorous rant that made any sense. But, you should note (since, you know, you're "occupying truth") that this goes the same for liberals/progressives, too. So, you're not being completely honest, here, concerning your stereotypical whining--but I would expect nothing less.

What you're doing is taking the loudest, most boisterous (and extreme) individuals and you're saying that pertains to everyone who votes with an "R" on their voter registration card. This makes YOU a bigotted, ignorant individual--almost seems like the same thing you're ranting against.

Irony is fun!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
double post
edit on 15-9-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Kali74

Yes right-wingers, I'm talking to you...

Instead of tearing into you...I'm going to respectfully disagree. I probably fall into the group of labels you presented, but what I believe is not for the reasons, and is not under the premise you describe.

I do think business owners should be able to do anything they want with their business. Hence the fact that it is something they built and own. It is theirs. If they make stupid decisions, they will fail. But I think they should be allowed to hire, fire, spend and make rules as they please. It is their "home" and they should be able to run their "home" as they see fit. Otherwise, if they are forced to run it the way others see fit...then others are in control of their success or failure. And that is wrong.

I do want the smallest government possible. But I want that because government is an entity that when it is allowed to grow, becomes controlling and hungry to keep growing. It becomes it's own beast that has ego and desire to be important. Government should never be either of those. Government should only exist to serve the people as the people wish and should be easily removable by majority. We currently have the largest government ever and it is very hungry to grow, control and become the rulers of us all. I don't want to be ruled...that isn't freedom.

Also...I want people to be self-responsible and accountable for their actions. Sure...if you need help, we can lend a hand. But if you F up...you have to deal with it. If you do good...you reap the rewards. We are not all equal and "survival of the fittest" does apply. It is there to weed out the genetics that make us weak and aid us in our failings. If one person becomes super-wealthy...that is a good thing. If another is super-poor, that is bad but a result of their actions. There is no need to vilify the rich other than to make up for your own short-comings. Our standards, morals and selfishness can be the death of us. This is also a hungry beast that needs to be tamed. This is out of control also.

Finally...I want freedom. Freedom to be a saint if I wish and freedom to be an ass if I wish. There shouldn't be repercussions for being a bigot, racist, etc. as you state. They are opinions. And as much as I disagree with many of these, I am not going to start deciding for others...what opinion is OK and what opinion is not. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION! Very smart words, for when others...even by majority, can control your opinion...you are not free.

So...yes...you were addressing me among many others. And yes...I disagree. But you really got the reasoning wrong.

This whole post was wonderfully said. That is the problem that I see with many who always yell "racist!"--they don't take the time to see the underlying issue as to why people believe the way that they do. I've been called a racist because I disagree with the president. I've been called a racist when I've disagreed with affirmative action. I've been called a racist when I support mandating ID cards to vote.

People who live their lives via hyperbole either choose not to or are incapable of comprehending the "why" behind certain things. While I'm not a republican by a long shot (I always land as a libertarian with sligh conservative leanings concerning fiscal matters), I can sit back and watch both sides and be disgusted that they both do the same complaining, name-calling and smearing, yet only the left seems to come away from such childish antics without lasting PR problems. I have my understandings as to why, but I'm sure they would make me a racis, bigot, or something else that I'm not.

The left gets away with this crap constantly without being held accountable, and it is emboldening them to constantly degrade the right (or any other political leaning, honestly) without fear of being called on it. The mouthpieces for the left are becoming drunken, erratic wannabe muckrakers, and it's time they get reigned in, because America and the world (it's not just happening in America) is suffering for it.

The children on all sides need to mature and grow up.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

People are scared of the changes that can't be stopped. So they go to extreme measures, which only serve to hasten the changes they fear.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join