It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come to realize most of you only want to protect your ability to be a jerk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

You bring another issue to mind with that post. You see that BS in almost every thread having to do with politics or social issues on ATS... but here you are condemning me. So it's not wrong to do it, just wrong when it's done against your own.

You paint the right with one stoke of your broad brush and that's ok. But let's swing that judgmental pendulum back to the left an use that broad brush to paint them. Thats when you cry foul. You want to cherry pick the ideals that you don't like and balk at the other side using the same methods. You can't accuse one side of something you know damn well that the other side does also.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
****secret, secret******. I was posting today, usually don't see anything interesting then someone posted about illuminati. Got back from work making 40$ a day with my dad and bored. Forgot it's the 13 th anniversary of 9/11. Am I the mascot you speak of? I am going to make those 1% bastar*s pay for everything they did to me. Think I am there cripple and whore. Neo is going to the source for destiny. You seem like a polite chick did I drive you crazy today? I used to have that effect on this site.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is this a bitch thread about the freedom of speech?

The irony!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'd have to make rants 20 times a day if I cried foul every time I saw the left painted with a broad brush. What's so broad about what I said outside of my title anyway?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

No. I understand people like you will take it that way but, no.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'd have to make rants 20 times a day if I cried foul every time I saw the left painted with a broad brush. What's so broad about what I said outside of my title anyway?

The first three words in your post..

"Yes right wingers"

Thats kinda broad dont ya think?

If you said "yes African Americans" should I not take that as talking to all of them?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

And that's where you got stuck... yes I'm talking to right wingers, but what am I saying? Is what I'm saying wrong? I'd love to be wrong so if you can point it out, please do.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't subscribe to any political philosophy. I'm not right nor left nor middle of the road. I'm just a jerk because I like to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I can always respect honesty lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes you are dead on. Us right wingers will gladly die to protect our right to be a jerk. And yours too.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

And that's where you got stuck... yes I'm talking to right wingers, but what am I saying? Is what I'm saying wrong? I'd love to be wrong so if you can point it out, please do.

Everything you said was wrong.
You said what was right for you and I'm sure that is how you feel. Good for you.
That does not mean anything you said is right for me. Do I have the right to disagree with you?
You are talking about ideological differences that have been in place before either of us were born. I like my guns, you most likely dont. Do you think we will ever agree on that subject? I don't. That still does not make one of us right or wrong. But guess what, we can both have an opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

And I'll protect yours even though I don't like you. What's your point?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I support the 2nd though I don't like guns. What Ideological differences are highlighted by my 1st point? None. What's highlighted is what is, in my opinion, total contradiction... so you don't have to click back, I'll summarize:

You believe in the free market and bosses and owners being allowed to run their business as they see fit, until a person is fired after publicly being an asshole and then it's somehow an issue of free speech even though it has nothing to do with the government punishing speech. So again, in my opinion... it's not the free market you (plural) are looking to protect, but the ability to be an asshole without repercussion.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What you are saying is not wrong

What is wrong is thinking ONLY Rep/Right wingers think that way

It is not an exclusive 'Right-Way' of thinking when others from the Left are just as guilty

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Awsome rant, right wingers live in a dream world,'there a dying breed that stoped multiplying with the advancement in education and free information, i do love when they find fake outrage at anything that does not apply to there close Minded brains. Facts is not something they have a hard time to wrap there minds around.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Wow..you really opened a can of worms with this one.

I don't really see any of your points being addressed just complaints about the title and those slighted for being painted.

Funny thing is I see many here complaining about being painted yet many of those "same" posters have done the exact same thing in other threads and aside from one poster I have never seen them stand up and complain in those threads about the left being painted. I think that pretty much proves your point.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Don't sweat it. To divide and align and dehumanize and demonize--by classification into titles and labels--that's utterly human and wholly forgivable, and doing so makes a cinch out of manipulating the minds of even our greatest thinkers. A true injustice is the irresistible absorption by our American political system aided and abetted in no small part by the media and our own tongues by proxy of indoctrination attrition, of the infinitely diverse political and social beliefs of the individual into two very broad and bluntly archaic, perhaps irrelevant even inane political ideologies.

I identify with no party or ideology, nevertheless my peers, even those with whom I most enjoy stimulating discourse, will as sure as sunset classify, label and stamp judgement on my sacred beliefs, for no other reason than their quite questionably easy or low road effort to understand where I am coming from even at the cost of constraining the range and importance of my views by lumping me into some party/ideology or the other along with the rest, all the while pulling the noose tighter in an attempt to denigrate my stance and elevate or self-glorify their own.

This addiction or compulsion to label one another's root beliefs is in effect no less than an attack on one's very identity. So we do not agree with what we've long ago classified or likely mislabeled as the other side of the aisle. Brisk, intelligent debate is one thing and yet no matter how vitriolic the exchange becomes (on an online forum for instance) at least we participants here are still exchanging, still trading thoughts and opinions.

But to dismiss the perceived other side's entire range of beliefs or stances on issues with the weapons of generalized stereotyping, dismissive prejudice and classification as enemy--enemy classification for disagreeing with one's own beliefs--that's preemptive character assassination of potentially limitless sources of thought with similar potential to teach each of us through yes, very often highly emotional debate, as much about ourselves as they are different from us.

(^^^ I am guilty of it too. The inevitability of being human ... what can one do?)

That said, I have enjoyed your rant--which in turn led to my own--and hopefully remained topic relevant.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Suddenly... Worms!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

9) Only in America...could LEFT WING politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 per plate campaign fund-raising event.

8) Only in America...could the LEFT have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

7) Only in America...can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the LEFT WING media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6) Only in America...would the LEFT make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens (probably should be number one).

5) Only in America....could the RIGHT who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as “extremist”.

4) Only in America...could the LEFT have you present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3) Only in America...could the LEFT demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

2) Only in America does the IRS collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, the LEFT still spends a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

1) Only in America...could the rich people- who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused by the LEFT of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You should stop criticizing, this is a rant first off and secondly she is talking in code to me. I am CIA I got punished for publicly speaking out against being being treated like cattle and less than a human being. I wasted ten years of my life in institutions and programs I was forced into. They told men to come on to me for big cash prizes and treated me like a hooker. There is more than just being a public A hole here. All the while using me to make millions and millions of dollars. The issue is multi layered with class warfare and indentured servitude being at the very top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join