It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come to realize most of you only want to protect your ability to be a jerk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have no fear of losing my right to be a jerk.

I'll just be a jerk about it
~~~

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

I know exactly what you're saying... that's been me, since childhood. I'm just done with it, done with them, done holding on when they would throw me in front of a moving train... the last straw for me is this contradiction in themselves... maybe, hopefully, it's temporary, doesn't feel like it though. I hope you don't lose it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That's why I support an amendment to the Constitution limiting campaign financing to strictly public. Get money out of politics. So much of everything you mentioned would be resolved with that one, simple thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: letmeon

I assure you, I'm not talking to you... in code or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I support the 2nd though I don't like guns. What Ideological differences are highlighted by my 1st point? None. What's highlighted is what is, in my opinion, total contradiction... so you don't have to click back, I'll summarize:

You believe in the free market and bosses and owners being allowed to run their business as they see fit, until a person is fired after publicly being an asshole and then it's somehow an issue of free speech even though it has nothing to do with the government punishing speech. So again, in my opinion... it's not the free market you (plural) are looking to protect, but the ability to be an asshole without repercussion.

So who got fired for being an asshole? So we are on the same page.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Let's go with Phil Robertson...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What thread was that one?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You do paint the picture.

I guess you will see what you want to. The artist is the first to be seduced by his brush stroke.

Liberals, Right wingers....BS.

Honestly, you should know better. If you are SOOO sick of anything it is because you have been observing for some time. Ok....one problem.

The fact that you still vilify one side means you are either not as well versed as you would have one believe... with your saturation and intoxication with the system. OR....You cant clearly see what is going on yet and require some genuine depth to your argument.

edit on 9 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There were several, maybe he was just suspended for his comments on gays I don't remember. What I remember is several right-wingers on various sites totally outraged by (Lifetime?)'s decision to fire/suspend him for it. And obviously right-wing because there was no shortage of insults hurled at liberals/progressives in conjunction with the outrage.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: caterpillage

And I'll protect yours even though I don't like you. What's your point?

You don't like me? What did I do to you?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

How bout Donald sterling?
He was an asshole in public and got the boot. Nobody is complaining.
Ray rice? Got the boot. Nobody is complaining.
Remember don imus? Got the boot.
I would say plenty of people got booted.
That bashir idiot msnbc fired for his Sarah palin remarks?

Phil Robertson gave his views based on his religion. Views that many Americans agree with.
As I said before, your cherry picking one event that bothers your moral compass.
He spoke out against gays and thats what is pissing you off.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ahh..I just used the search and looked through those threads. I had pretty much forgot about him and I don't watch reality TV but I remember the outrage now.

OK..so you got a point.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Yeah I try to give everyone a chance to prove themselves. I hold a few beliefs that are considered "right wing" but I don't let a political party define who I am, how I think or live my life. That would be silly.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

How bout Donald sterling?
He was an asshole in public and got the boot. Nobody is complaining.
Ray rice? Got the boot. Nobody is complaining.
Remember don imus? Got the boot.
I would say plenty of people got booted.
That bashir idiot msnbc fired for his Sarah palin remarks?

Phil Robertson gave his views based on his religion. Views that many Americans agree with.
As I said before, your cherry picking one event that bothers your moral compass.
He spoke out against gays and thats what is pissing you off.

I didn't like what he said obviously but I have no issue with him being able to say it. If you missed the outrage about any of those idiots being fired, you haven't been reading the internet. My issue is with the outrage over the firings... why do business owners only have the right to run their businesses as they see fit when they're discriminating but not when they fire someone that can damage their image?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Welcome to the court of public opinion.
When the public buys your product you keep the public happy. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Good rant. You already know this label. NIMBY

Cry oh, the humanity and destroy the world.

Cry for little doggies and shoot to kill if someone steals cigarettes.

We have the highest moral standards and we bomb everyone else.

Do unto others before they do unto US.

Take it somewhere else.

Not on my watch.

(N)ot (I)n (M)y (B)ack (Y)ard (NIMBY)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You get good and bad in every crowd my friend, that's why it's usually best to stand alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wow, you seem a little kranky today. Maybe you need a nice big homemade strawberry shake......with the extra metal malt cup half full of malt.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sorry if I seemed self centered on my two posts. You hit a key word a few pages ago " Anarchist". That is a tag I have called myself my whole life and the ghostwriter name for my book. I have only told a few people but did so on the internet where I can be traced. And when you started talking about ideologies, not politics. I am CIA and some in these parts know my story. I am a biblical character, from a prophecy around the millennium . The bad one, a name given to me by ATS and tin foil hat land. In real life I am just a person. If your really going to do a rant you shouldn't really care what other people have to say. Just go with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Then you deny being a Dem and here you are stating the opposite!!
Talk about nuts!!!!!!!

I thought the concept of not liking right wingers yet not being a democrat was pretty simple.
Seems hard to comprehend for right wingers if I'm counting the number of stars you got for such an idiotic stance.

But many things seems out of your grasp, can't blame you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join