It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Shooting: Marine 911 Caller Lied about Slain Man Pointing Toy Gun at Custimers... And more!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
A liar claiming to be a marine, who would damn well know what loading bullets into a rifle looks like, should not be held responsible for lieing and causing the death of two people?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You're being intentionally inaccurate. The witness said the victim never "shouldered" the weapon, but attorney for the family says he DID "casually swing the weapon up to his shoulder", and he's seen the video. Maybe semantics, but the gun was at some point pointed in some direction that wasn't the floor. Nice try all the same.

And to say he "lied" about being and "ex" marine is misleading. He WAS a marine, and now he's not. That isn't a lie.
\

What an apologist!!!!

And to use your own words, "nice try."

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Wtf are you talking about? You say he wasn't a real marine but because he claimed to be one he should have known the rifle wasn't real? And THAT makes him culpable for the murder when the store video shows the rifle being pointed? Let me just say this out loud. You folks are flat WRONG and this dude WILL NOT stand trial for murder. Like it or not. Good day to you all.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Giving false information to the police is usually considered criminal.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You say he wasn't a real marine but because he claimed to be one he should have known the rifle wasn't real?

Uh... that's not at all what he said. Try reading comprehension. He said a MARINE would know what loading bullets into a rifle looks like. Read the sentence s-l-o-w-l-y.

Good day to you all.

And good day to you, as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

when the store video shows the rifle being pointed?

But now Ritchie is telling a very different story. In an interview with The Guardian newspaper Sunday,

Ritchie said that “at no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody.”

Has a video showing 'pointing' been released. He admits he lied, no gun pointing happened.

Ritchie continued to maintain that Crawford was “waving (the gun) around.”

But an attorney for Crawford’s family who has seen Walmart surveillance video of the incident and the minutes leading up to the shooting says the video shows nothing of the kind

edit on 9/11/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You're correct, no gun was pointed, I believe Uranttii is more annoyed as we're not baying for the police officers blood.

Yes the LEOs do have a responsibility in this incident for shooting the poor man dead, but both victims would still be alive had the "Bull"@£er" not called 911 in the first place.

This nutter has cost two people their lives, two police officers their careers and possibly freedom.
edit on 11.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Got any links? So far I have browsed their facebook for about 30 minutes and saw nothing but a bunch of cowards crying about open carry and calling for boycotts on any store which allowed it, which is their right. It's possible they purged the page of anything like that, or it's just so far down their timeline I haven't seen it yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The liar was supposedly booted after 7 weeks, which means he had already been two weeks into weapons training phase of bootcamp, if even that is to be believed. He should damn well know what loading a rifle looks like, shouldn't he? He is a liar plain and simple, and shares a whole big chunk of the responsibility with the cops that did the shooting. They would not have even been their had he not been a liar and called them in the first place.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
This nutter has cost two people their lives, two police officers their careers and possibly freedom.

I honestly hate to correct you, but...

The police have already been exonerated in this by their own department.

Source

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
The liar was supposedly booted after 7 weeks, which means he had already been two weeks into weapons training phase of bootcamp, if even that is to be believed. He should damn well know what loading a rifle looks like, shouldn't he? He is a liar plain and simple, and shares a whole big chunk of the responsibility with the cops that did the shooting. They would not have even been their had he not been a liar and called them in the first place.

Dear Benevolent Heretic,

Here is the member himself confirming MY "comprehension" of what he said. BH, find your own remedial reading course as it seems I was correct in my interpretation.

(post by motthoople removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: projectvxn
Got any links? So far I have browsed their facebook for about 30 minutes and saw nothing but a bunch of cowards crying about open carry and calling for boycotts on any store which allowed it, which is their right. It's possible they purged the page of anything like that, or it's just so far down their timeline I haven't seen it yet.

H ere's a link where people saved a few of these gems.

I read their page pretty often. It's interesting to see how many of these people advocate criminal activity and violence against gun owners.
edit on pThu, 11 Sep 2014 14:26:16 -0500201411America/Chicago2014-09-11T14:26:16-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Have you heard of the term Swatting? Where someone calls in a fake report in order to get the Swat team to show up at someone's house to barge in, scare the crap out of them, arrest them, and generally ruin their month? This is a growing problem in the US and I see this situation as being the same.

When you call the officials and lie to them, so that the situation appears to the police to be a very dangerous situation that requires immediate and aggressive action, you are creating a scenario that you are responsible for. Had the person who reported it told the truth, the police would have likely approached the man in a calmer manner to find out what was going on. By telling the police he was "waving the gun around" and "loading bullets in to it", the police have to assume they have an active shooter situation.

Lying to the cops in order to get an aggressive response to a harmless situation is no different than yelling "FIRE!!!" in a crowded theater. Even if you didn't actually trample anyone, you are still responsible for every single injury or death that resulted from your lie. The situation in the OP is no different. Lie to cause panic, you are responsible for any and all injuries that happen as a result.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If the 911 caller had been a REAL ex-member of any military service, he would have neutralized the problem, and then called 911 for someone to come mop up the situation. He lied, he got caught, and now the blood of two innocent people is on his hands.

To refer to him as an ex-marine, is as crazy as referring to someone who got kicked out of medical school after 7 weeks as an ex-doctor!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Swatting is......deplorable and those who do it should be held fully accountable for any deaths, injury and property damage resulting from their false reports.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
If the 911 caller had been a REAL ex-member of any military service, he would have neutralized the problem, and then called 911 for someone to come mop up the situation. He lied, he got caught, and now the blood of two innocent people is on his hands.

To refer to him as an ex-marine, is as crazy as referring to someone who got kicked out of medical school after 7 weeks as an ex-doctor!

Ffs, he didn't lie about what he saw. He DID see a guy waving what he thought was an assault rifle around in Walmart. He placed a 911 call to report what he thought he saw. The cops aren't going to act any differently because the caller claims he's Rambo. The cops are supposed to make their own assessment when they get there, not act on what some random Walmart shopper thinks. They failed to do that. The witness obviously was mistaken, but it's the COPS who are charged with the responsibility of differentiating real threats from BB guns.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The "Ex-Marine" deserves a bullet in the head and the cops that shot this guy deserve the same. Did they even assess the situation before shooting this guy. That is madness.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ffs, he didn't lie about what he saw.

Yes, he did. I don't really care what you believe but the 911 call has been released and there are plenty of other witnesses who counter Ritchie's statements. Including Ritchie!

Source

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but there is the FACT that Ritchie made claims and then later, made totally different claims. Defend him all you want. It doesn't matter.

Yes, the police are definitely at fault, but Ritchie is as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ICallGhosts

I tend to agree with you. Unfortunately we'll probably never hear what the outcome will be. Like so many injustices it will get swept under the rug.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join