It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Shooting: Marine 911 Caller Lied about Slain Man Pointing Toy Gun at Custimers... And more!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You may remember the story about police shooting a black man (Crawford) in Walmart because of the 911 call they got from an "ex-marine", who claimed that the "suspect" was pointing the gun at customers and acting suspiciously.

Original thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, it turns out that the "marine" was lying about the man pointing the gun AND lying about being an ex-marine.

Lone 911 Caller Admits Lie, Crawford Never Pointed ‘Gun’ — And That’s Not All

The ‘gun’ that Crawford was allegedly pointing turned out later to be a BB gun sold in the Walmart. Speaking to reporters after police showed up and shot Crawford dead, Ritchie repeated the allegation that Crawford, “was pointing at people. Children walking by.”

Ritchie also told the 911 operator that he saw Crawford loading bullets into the supposed weapon, which clearly would have been impossible given that the toy was not a real gun.
Ritchie continued to maintain that Crawford was “waving (the gun) around.” But an attorney for Crawford’s family who has seen Walmart surveillance video of the incident and the minutes leading up to the shooting says the video shows nothing of the kind.
The truth is that Ritchie was expelled from the Marine Corps after just seven weeks because his enlistment was determined to be “fraudulent.”
A 37-year-old woman also died, collapsing of heart failure in the panic that ensued in the police shooting of John Crawford in Walmart.

In my opinion, Richie, along with the cops who shot Crawford in the back without so much as a "Freeze!", should be tried for murder of both Crawford and the woman who died of a heart attack.

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

A lot of this crap has a lot to do with the anti-gun hysteria in the US.

It may even be due to this fake ass marine having a racial bias.

He got two people killed.

The reason I bring this up is because I read the board at Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America FB page and the tactic used by this "marine" wannabe is exactly the same tactics that members of that group discuss on a regular basis.

Just do a search for just this type of tactic and you'll see what I mean.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Another point: Ohio is an open carry state. And you can bet the cops knew that. So, even if he was carrying a real gun in the store, it's possible he had a permit.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This pretend Marine should be done for Murder as is the case when US LEO's kill someone in cross fire, they charge whoever they are arresting with the murder. He should also be done for the death of the 37 year old woman as if he had not been so disillusional and made the call, she would probably not have had the heart attack.

What a bloody looser, I hope they throw away the key.

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Open carry in Ohio does not require a permit.

I think the cops are going to get sued. They may even go to jail.

And the man who called the cops and lied to get what he thought was a gun owner killed needs to go to prison for the rest of his life.

And they call gun owners dangerous.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you look at the listed cause of death on the coroner's report, it'll say: Homicide. I hope the fake Marine is charged as an accessory.

I hope he has to pay for everything, from the funerals (two people died right?), to the costs of raising the kid, to the rounds expended, the subsequent investigation, to the psychological treatment of the officers. And, I hope they put his fat ass on a bread and water diet until everything's paid in full ('cause it looked like he had barely two nickels to rub together).

FWIW, I didn't believe the story from jump-street. Nice follow-up, BH. S&F

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at this at all. When I watched his interview after the shooting and it was stated that he was a Marine something just didn't add up.

A Marine goes through very intense training and his actions and response to this was not that of a Marine who is trained to read body language and size up potential threats. This liar was looking for his 15 mins of fame and like another poster said probably had a ax to grind.

I agree he should be tried for murder of two people right along with the police.

(post by Granite removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Excellent point!

Attorney General Mike DeWine has refused to release the surveillance video, saying that it could "risk corrupting the grand jury pool", but had no problem with releasing Ritchie's 911 call in which he lied about Crawford's behavior.

DeWine has not clarified how claims Ritchie made to a 911 dispatcher that a 6-foot-tall black man was carrying a rifle around inside a Walmart and was “waving [the gun] back and forth” and “pointing it at people” would be any more or less capable of biasing a potential jury member than would footage that captured the event without subjective commentary.
Speculation as to why Ritchie said what he did does not rationalize the tragedy. His increasingly apparent inability to tell the truth now colors two of his other claims. The Guardian also reports that Ritchie says that he, too, has seen the surveillance footage and that he has been made privy to court documents related to Crawford’s alleged criminal activity (charges that were eventually dropped). Richie did not reveal who made this information available to him. DeWine’s spokesman declined to comment as to whether or not it was the office of the Ohio Attorney General that allowed Ritchie to see said information.

A grand jury overseen by a special prosecutor selected by DeWine is scheduled to begin hearing evidence on Sept. 22. DeWine, a Republican, is running for reelection this year.

Source

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

What a convoluted mess.

If they did show him the surveillance tape then they corrupted witness testimony on top of that.

Lots of people are going to jail on this one, that I promise you.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You're being intentionally inaccurate. The witness said the victim never "shouldered" the weapon, but attorney for the family says he DID "casually swing the weapon up to his shoulder", and he's seen the video. Maybe semantics, but the gun was at some point pointed in some direction that wasn't the floor. Nice try all the same.

And to say he "lied" about being and "ex" marine is misleading. He WAS a marine, and now he's not. That isn't a lie.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

I agree about the 15 minutes of fame.

The guy will get charged. Hopefully with 1st and 2nd degree murder. He'll ave to pay fines that he will never pay and go to prison on tax dollars... And live happily with free room, board, healthcare, and many other free perks... He'll try to plead insanity, but he'll fail at that notion LOL Unless he gets a crazy sympathetic judge. That allows his insanity plea. Hopefully if that happens, the judge will send him to a very "nice" asylum. Since he lied to the police and 911, and identified himself as a Marine, he could get federal charges and go to Levenworth. It could be possible, but doubtful. I think he'll get the first suggestion I had. He'll cop a plea, and do time.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You're being intentionally inaccurate. The witness said the victim never "shouldered" the weapon, but attorney for the family says he DID "casually swing the weapon up to his shoulder", and he's seen the video. Maybe semantics, but the gun was at some point pointed in some direction that wasn't the floor. Nice try all the same.

And to say he "lied" about being and "ex" marine is misleading. He WAS a marine, and now he's not. That isn't a lie.

BS.

Not making it passed basic combat training because your enlistment was found fraudulent by the Marine Corps. does NOT make you an ex Marine. It makes you a liar.

By the way, false enlistment can bring criminal charges and UCMJ action against you.
edit on pThu, 11 Sep 2014 11:14:42 -0500201411America/Chicago2014-09-11T11:14:42-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Charge the guy who called the police. He actually set up the whole event with his crazy interpretation of what happened. The cops should not have shot this person either. I do not know the circumstances that led to the shooting though, maybe the toy inadvertently got pointed at someone when they saw him.

We need to have unbiased people look at the actions of the cop and examine the evidence. The guy who called this in, stick him in a nuthouse. We do not need that sort of people walking around.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

No. To be a member of an armed service one has to graduate either from basic training or a service academy or other four year institution. Since he didn't graduate he was never a member. They are very up front about this when you sign the enlistment papers.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The guy is obviously a simpleton and a braggard, but not necessarily a liar, get real. He may not have stormed the beach at Normandy, but he WAS in the corps for ten minutes. What's that have to do with anything? Nothing. I notice you can't refute the fact that the OP and thread title are misleading on the main points here per the linked source. The video itself PER THE FAMILY ATTORNEY shows the guy swinging the gun around.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I think you're just nitpicking.

We have a liar, lying to the cops about a man "with a gun" in walmart who told the 911 operator that he was "loading bullets" into a bb gun.

Lied about his service, lied about the man, probably lying about a bunch of other stuff too. A man was shot to death by police because of his lies.

Also, what is it about Fraudulent Enlistment that you don't get? That's a lie to the Marine Corps.
edit on pThu, 11 Sep 2014 11:55:32 -0500201411America/Chicago2014-09-11T11:55:32-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The video itself PER THE FAMILY ATTORNEY shows the guy swinging the gun around.

Now you're "being intentionally inaccurate"

The family lawyer said "He swung it up to his shoulder". He did not say he was swinging it around as already pointed out by other members

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I coulda told you this was no marine just looking at him. No marines or even ex-marines I know are fat slobs like that. Liar through and through, his testimony holds no water at all.....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

The video itself PER THE FAMILY ATTORNEY shows the guy swinging the gun around.

Now you're "being intentionally inaccurate"

The family lawyer said "He swung it up to his shoulder". He did not say he was swinging it around as already pointed out by other members

Again, semantics. You people are insane. Charge a halfwit with murder because he called the cops after witnessing what he thought was a guy with an assault rifle in a Walmart? Gimme a break. It's hardly his fault the police showed up guns drawn and killed the guy without warning. Have your hanging if you must, but hang the cops, not the guy who misinterpreted what might have looked to many of us like a serious and dangerous situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join