It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Shooting: Marine 911 Caller Lied about Slain Man Pointing Toy Gun at Custimers... And more!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm glad that there is follow up with this case. I'm also glad that I asked questions when this story first came out, and took the side of the victim. I was called stupid for it, but guess who was right? : )

This guy needs to be charged with the murder of the two people. And he needs to also be punished for lying about being in the military.

I am seriously doing the happy dance right now because I was right and justice will be served.
It puts a little hope back in humanity when justice is served.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
And he needs to also be punished for lying about being in the military.

why does he need to be punished for this?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

Because why not? Because this mans lie that made his call credible caused the death of two people.
Because it shames the people who actually are in the military.
Because it gives the military a bad image.

If someone lied about being a doctor and they operated on you, you'd want them punished.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I appreciate you pointing out how I worded my post. It does seem like I'm calling prison a Marriott. But I didn't mean to in that way. I know prisons are rough, to put it "lightly". Their dangerous. I just look at the whole, not the meat of the prison. I'm sorry about that. But in prison, you do get those things. On the outside you have to do a hail mary to get a lot of what is offered free to prisoners. Like insurance when your always denied. But if your very sick and in the hospital for a longtime, some sort of insurance is offered. And to be honest I have been to prisons and was given a full tour for one of my jobs. And it was not a great place. But the "perks" were still given or offered. Sorry if I have offend you again.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Because why not? Because this mans lie that made his call credible caused the death of two people.

If someone lied about being a doctor and they operated on you, you'd want them punished.

he didnt cause the death of anyone. the cops did.
shames people in the military? yeah, ok.....

youre right. i would want the fake doctor punished.
this dude didnt claim to be a marine and then try to get on a base, or anything else. he claimed to be a marine on the phone....thats it

how does someone not in the service give people in the service a 'bad image'? curious about that
edit on 13-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

he didnt cause the death of anyone. the cops did.
shames people in the military? yeah, ok.....

youre right. i would want the fake doctor punished.
this dude didnt claim to be a marine and then try to get on a base, or anything else. he claimed to be a marine on the phone....thats it

how does someone not in the service give people in the service a 'bad image'? curious about that

He did cause the death of two people. The person that he falsely accused. He called the police, and they took his word because why wouldn't you? Especially if that person says that they were in the service. Especially the marines. They are supposed to be the best when it comes to guns.
It does shame the military. Though, in some cases the military shames itself all on it's own. It shames the military just the same as someone who comes home from being overseas and beats his wife and kids shames the military. When you join the military you are then a face of the nation. Your actions can and will result back to how people think of the military. He said he was part of the military which has the same effect.
It doesn't matter that this guy didn't try to sneak on base or something. It matters that the actions of this man got two innocent people killed. He had credibility because he was apparently an 'ex-marine.'

And he gives a bad image to those in the service because people only read what they want to read, and only see what they want to see, and acknowledge what they want to acknowledge. A lot of people will still be like, "Well, he signed the papers to sell his soul to the military so he was in the military."

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

He called the police, and they took his word because why wouldn't you? Especially if that person says that they were in the service. Especially the marines."

why shouldnt the cops take his word? cause people lie thats why. the cops should know that people lie. all kinds of people from all walks of life for all kinds of reasons.
so if a person is/was a marine that makes them more trustworthy?
maybe in your book. not mine.
marines lie. so do private citizens. so do cops.

the cops made the mistake of trusting this STRANGER based on what he said on the phone.
that is their error.....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If ppl can get punished for bullying someone who then commits suicide it's not far fetched for someone deliberately lying to cops to instigate them to approach a situation with full force and a known shoot-to-kill attitude and also results in another person dying from a heart attack.

Just saying.

You can't get away with that Scott Free. . . you just can't. It will be the ultimate troll.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats
I am willing to bet if he don't go to prison, there might be some real marines that pay his fake ass a visit lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You ain't no Marine until you finish the twelve weeks at PI. You are a recruit, scum of the Earth, and have to earn the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Wash outs get nothing. He was apparently a lair and subsequently tossed out with out a DD214. Marines 1967-1970.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic
Lieing about being a marine or military is not a crime, unless you are making a profit off it these days. Even dressing up in full military uniform, and claiming to be military is covered under constitutional rights according to the SC.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There are people out there who try to start trouble and incite responses from the police on others like that POS washout did.

A year ago I was at a friends condo and was loaning my truck to an acquaintance to go cash his check but because I hadn't asked if he had any type of record and frankly didn't care I thought it best that I should secure the firearm I kept in the center console in the condo. A D-bag neighbor saw me carrying it up the stairs in its holster and started a fuss. I told him I was simply securing it he spouted off at my friend accusing him of rummaging an ashtray. Seriously stupid crap. I did say something along those lines. The guy said thats it I am calling the cops.

15 minutes later the cops were at the door guns drawn body armor and shields up. I expected something and my first words as they came through the door was "man overkill much?". Better believe I made no sudden moves told them where the gun was and that it wasn't loaded. I almost went to jail that day because the arse hat that called the cops said I threatened him with it. Luckily my friend that was there and the guy I loaned my truck to showed up shortly after from cashing his check where the police questioned them separately.

BTW I only had my board shorts and flipflops on being at the beach and the clip was left in my truck console. Things could have gone real bad but the way it all worked out was the arse hat that called them wound up being taken to jail in cuffs for giving false information. The guy was a snow bird no doubt an anti gun nut and thought he could stir things up for me. He gave me a story to tell but I am sure his experience was not one he would want to repeat.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

You are grasping at straws. They murdered a man. The "fake" marine.... lied. His lies are no excuse for their murder.

It is just a way to diffuse yet another murder by paid law enforcers.

I think that you people are more mad about him lying about being a "sacred" marine than cowards killing a man by shooting him in the back.

I am disgusted.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ICallGhosts

Maybe your anger should be placed properly.

Average wages have gone up 10% since 1978 while education cost 1100%, CEO pay 900%, Food 240%, Shelter 300%. The minimum wage has decreased by 5%. Of course every thing rated for inflation of the dollar.

Your anger is not at what prisoners get...it is what the rest of us have to slave like dogs to get. It keeps getting less and less for for more and more work each year.

Don't let them diffuse it with arguments to place your anger on prisoners.

Your anger should properly be placed on the corporations who keep raising their profits, by rising the cost of everything, and paying us much less in comparison.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spav5
We are not talking about a little white lie here, he called the cops, claimed he saw him load a rifle, and was pointing it at kids and customers. I don't excuse the cops, but the liar is the only reason they showed up at all, and his false information contributed to the attitude the cops showed up with.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Sorry you read my post wrong. I'm not angry at the prisoners themselves. I'm angry that they get all of that while we have to go above and beyond to get them. Seriously, I'm not angry at them, nor have I been. I have friends who have been there. And some of them thinks its crazy about what they get in there that they don't get on the outside. I really don't want to talk about this again. This is about a man who was killed when he shouldn't have been.

edit on 14-9-2014 by ICallGhosts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: spav5
a reply to: TKDRL

I think that you people are more mad about him lying about being a "sacred" marine than cowards killing a man by shooting him in the back.

I am disgusted.

Peace

i think youre correct here.
the guy being a marine or lying about being a marine really does not have anything to do with what happened.

i think people are pissed because he was a 'real' marine. look at the posts. he was just in basic.. he was 'lower than scum' and on and on....you know how people get...

seems to me this is a good lesson for the cops. a lesson they should not have needed though.
people lie.

apparently now they know that they should never just take someones word for anything... even if he is/was a legit bad ass marine...

i dont understand the thought process at all really.

if a marine said it then it must be true?
if a 'real' marine would have been there he would have handled the situation himself?
blah blah blah...

has there ever been a marine graduate from basic that was not a weapons expert or a master tactician?

in the end, the cops messed up. again. killed someone. again

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
We are not talking about a little white lie here, he called the cops, claimed he saw him load a rifle, and was pointing it at kids and customers. I don't excuse the cops, but the liar is the only reason they showed up at all, and his false information contributed to the attitude the cops showed up with.

And if he called and told them aliens had landed, and were abducting children from the parking lot, and they showed up shot a child in an ET costume...who would you blame?

Would be calling for prison time for that individual who lied? Would that same individual be culpable? Or would you then place the blame squarely where it lies, with the police who did not investigate or ask first but just commenced shooting the ET costume clad individual(who was holding a toy raygun)?
edit on 14-9-2014 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There's enough blame to go around!

The fake "marine" is to blame for lying to the police and making the situation seem more serious than it was and the police are to blame for rushing in and shooting the man without assessing the situation. They are BOTH to blame.

This isn't a contest, for God's sake! Arguing about who is more to blame is ridiculous, IMO. They're both to blame for the situation.

The cop who shot the kid should be tried for murder. The "marine" should be tried for giving a false statement or whatever crime can be linked to what he did (Swatting?)

The Crime of Swatting

“The FBI looks at these crimes as a public safety issue,” said Kevin Kolbye, an assistant special agent in charge in our Dallas Division. “It’s only a matter of time before somebody gets seriously injured as a result of one of these incidents.”

There have already been close calls. A police officer was injured in a car accident during an emergency response that turned out to be a swatting incident, Kolbye said, and some unsuspecting victims—caught off guard when SWAT teams suddenly arrived on their doorstep—have suffered mild heart attacks.

“The victims are scared and taken by surprise,” he said. Law enforcement personnel, meanwhile, rush to the scene of a swatting incident on high alert. “They believe they have a violent subject to apprehend or an innocent victim to rescue,” Kolbye explained. “It’s a dangerous situation any way you look at it.”

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Those two situations are really similar /sarcasm
I don't know why you are defending the liar so hard? Do you really think this is acceptable behavior?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join