It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch artist turns his dead cat into a radio controlled helicopter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is actually very old story, actually from 2012. Why this news site posts it suddenly? But yeah, its sickening. What if someone makes copter out of that artist after his dead? If its not okay to play with human corpse. why would it be okay to play with cat corpse?
Dailymail
NYDailyNews

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't use this expression often, but here it is the only thing that comes to mind:

O.M.G.

Like looking at a train wreck. Just can't help yourself.

link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: eisegesis

I can't understand why we are supposed to show respect to our dead human friends but dead loyal animal friends can be treated like trash to play with as we will.

Trust me, half the people that show up for a funeral DON'T want to be there. It's something people feel they have to do out of respect. Same goes for weddings. Bart says, "different strokes for different folks. I tend to agree.

Sometimes culture is a prison for the mind. We do things out of routine or tradition even when we don't want to. People show their respect in many different ways. I don't think "we are supposed" to do anything we don't choose to do.
edit on 8-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Thebel
But yeah, its sickening. What if someone makes copter out of that artist after his dead? If its not okay to play with human corpse. why would it be okay to play with cat corpse?

He was asked that. He said it would be cool.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Having said that, I'd balk at a 'Human Pencil Sharpener' though

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This is actually very old story, actually from 2012. Why this news site posts it suddenly? But yeah, its sickening. What if someone makes copter out of that artist after his dead? If its not okay to play with human corpse. why would it be okay to play with cat corpse?
Dailymail
NYDailyNews

What if a person's dying wish was to be made into something like this? Would it be okay then?

The only difference I see is the cat couldn't give his consent.

edit on 8-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No, this is just wrong! Use a stuffed toy if you really need to put propellers on a critter.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Dailymail
NYDailyNews

What if a person's dying wish was to be made into something like this. Would it be okay then?

I don't think he loved the cat or could not make a toy out of it to sell, if you say some people can call this respect I will still say I don't believe it.
I don't attend funerals as i wish to remember as they were this is nothing to do with that.

Sometimes culture is a prison for the mind.

Even a child knows our loved ones dead corpse are not toys.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I take it you didn't enjoy the movie "Weekend at Bernies"?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The only thing this hurts is our beliefs. The cat was run over by a car and would have been no more but now....It's immortal and flying

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Having said that, I'd balk at a 'Human Pencil Sharpener' though

Pencils? Meh...Stranger things have been found in a persons nether region.

Honey, have you seen the remote? No dear, but every time I get the hiccups, the channel changes. Weird...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm a cat lover owned many through the years. A part of me is saying this is wrong and a bit sick but the other half of me is in absolute hysterics I can't believe and so amazed that someone thought of this. Just the way the cat is all spread out makes me laugh. This has got to be the funniest and twisted thread I've read in a long time lol
Star and flag I just had to

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I bury my dead cats in a nice place in the garden...
This dead cats life has been degraded and cheapened.

Not Impressed.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: eisegesis

Dailymail
NYDailyNews

What if a person's dying wish was to be made into something like this. Would it be okay then?

I don't think he loved the cat or could not make a toy out of it to sell, if you say some people can call this respect I will still say I don't believe it.
I don't attend funerals as i wish to remember as they were this is nothing to do with that.

Sometimes culture is a prison for the mind.

Even a child knows our loved ones dead corpse are not toys.

I personally don't think this is respectful in any way but I also don't find it disrespectful. Haters gonna hate.

And some people believe our physical bodies are only a vehicle for the soul. What happens to them after death is of no concern.

You must think cremation is disrespectful. It involves lighting our loved ones on fire after they die.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Haters gonna hate.

Yes haters have no love in them I guess you are right there. Anything for a laugh and a dollar, by your definition this could be a human baby and it would still be funny.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
The only thing this hurts is our beliefs. The cat was run over by a car and would have been no more but now....It's immortal and flying

It's now a cheap piece of junk for sale.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ahhh, memories.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Char-Lee

I take it you didn't enjoy the movie "Weekend at Bernies"?

I don't watch garbage, why would I want that in my head but even you may not laugh if that was your friend.

PS you realize THAT was fiction right?
edit on 8-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm doing this with my grandmother when she goes. Too brilliant to pass up.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

A part of me is saying this is wrong and a bit sick but the other half of me is in absolute hysterics

Half of you loves things that are wrong and sick in other words, clears that up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join