It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Really Above Top Secret (restricted access forum) Membership Policy and Prices

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by dbates
Yipee! Now I can quit hoarding points. I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with them. Target won't take them.

I thought about selling my ATS points on Ebay....

I wonder how much I could get for them...

[edit on 7-12-2004 by elevatedone]

Just sell a screen shot of them
Guy Sells Picture of GameBoy on EBay

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Guy Sells Picture of GameBoy on EBay

Yeesh, and I thought it was silly that a burt sam'nich sold for thousands. And it Clearly States that its a photo!

I don't know whats crazier about the wording actually, the fact that it reads c.f'this is a great photo of a gameboy' or that the guy bolded the rest of the text except for the 'photo of a'. Oh man, too much.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can someone please transfer me some points!

I have been trying to post quality responses on boards and I am only little under 2000 points. Now I am frustrated that I will have to wait even longer!!

It seems that folks that have alot of points don't care about this change. It is us poor people that have few points, that this is affecting.

Does anyone know of any other boards like this one?
I think I am willing to check them out because I do not want to post stupid one liners or irrelavent information like many people do in all threads.

Very frustrating change and it is seeming to push the new folks away!

So I must ask Are u for real???

PS. I wait for your response and I hope it is not a slap on the hand for expressing my opinion.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Are u for real???]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Really......you're not missing out on anything if you don't have access to it. I personally only look in it every couple weeks, I think I've posted to it twice. A lot of members will attest to this.

I thought the same thing when I joined......that must be where the heavy stuff gets discussed.....in reality most of the threads there could easily be posted in the general ATS fora. Well the Jenna Bush-Chelsea Clinton sex tape is pretty good, but I shouldn't be talking about that.

So honestly everyone, as cool as it is to be privy to a "secret" there's a lot of things that are a better ATS purchase than RATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
this is not cool... i want my 3500 points back

[edit on 8-12-2004 by razorbackhater]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Really......you're not missing out on anything if you don't have access to it. I personally only look in it every couple weeks, I think I've posted to it twice. A lot of members will attest to this.

How can you say that? I mean look at this sample of topics covered in RATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
lol dbates

But, honestly, there is nothing special about RATS

[edit]

*i didnt mean ATS*

[edit on 8-12-2004 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Can i have an answer please? Even though there does not seem to be to much resistance and i have to admit myself that 250 points to access for a month once the initial entry fee has been paid is not to bad but then i already purchased for 3500. I would like to hear the opinion of SO or one of his counterparts regarding my post. And a proper response please.

I do remember posting before i bought access to RATS regarding the purchase terms and was assured that you would only pay once. Personally i think if you were to stand by the new rules with the new members then fair enough, but not with those members who purchased with the original terms. I find this somewhat arrogant and not very nice.

Although i do share some of the sentiments of other members re RATS not being all that, it does have some very interesting stuff.

I also share the same concern as others, which are, will this lead to poorer quality posts just for the points?

These are quite important to me, why, because i only post in the low point forums, and only occasionally recently, because of time, so i might not make that many points. Also and i know this is silly but it has been mention before, points are like medals, I�ll probably never achieve a title under my name i don�t expect i will ever get awarded way above, the points are my medals [its taken me ages to get the points i have now.] i don�t post in the news section and as someone else mentioned even if i did it would probably get brushed off. and what about those quality members who only post in the low point or no point forums who do a good job, don�t they deserve to be able to access RATS?

Im not sure why this is happening but i don�t like it. What�s next a reduction in the size of our avatars? Subscription fees? Entry exam? Qualifications?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The nature of the forum code required a user-access list be store in the database table that defines the RATS forum. This list was getting exceptionally long and causing several maintenance and performance problems for us. Primarily because the list is comprised of a significant number of names who simply don't come to ATS any more, or at least, very infrequent.

This new process should help maintain a realistic list of people who actually use the forum on a monthly basis.

There's your answer. Keeping the older names in there forever would defeat the purpose of this change. Everyone here seems to be forgetting that this change is a benefit to everyone. Maintaining a large list of members who never check the forum was a strain on the database and caused pages to load slower. I personally don't mind spending 250 points a month to keep the server running along briskly. I'd rather have the page load time reduced.

If you can't afford every month, then maybe try every other month.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply dbates, but i still feel its a slap in the face since i was told originally that i would not have to pay again.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
How about some compensation, maybe 3000 points to those ats members that signed up before these changes awarded on request and after verification.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yay! Looks like I get to be Capatalist scum for a moment. NO!!! No donations to anyone!!! It's all mine!!! You want in, you PAY!!! You can't afford it? Too bad!!! It's not my problem!!! I fart in your general direction.

P.S. kode, is that the guy from Man Bites Dog in your avatar? He cracks me up in that movie

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hmm.....

I dont see a problem. You want something thats good and decent, PAY.

If its money, points or just good hard plain labour ie typing in words!(gosh thats so hard!). Come on people, this is a great website- or am I wrong.

The good things in life come for free-ats,

but for the best things in life, you have to pay-rats.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Is it possible to get back the 3500 points I spent to get access to RATS a couple of weeks ago?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
Is it possible to get back the 3500 points I spent to get access to RATS a couple of weeks ago?

In a manner of speaking it is possible. Write 4 and half good ATSNN articles and you'll earn 3500. Is that right? Seems too high.

But point being, people have it pretty darn good now. Some of us got points 1 or two at a time.

Now one ATSNN submission pays for three months of RATS.

Now GET TO WORK!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If the basic idea of this site is to promote open discussion about conspiracies and topics often kept hidden from the general public in the first place why make it so hard to get into certain parts of the site?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think it�s funny in a way, when I had 0 points I thought I would never get 3500 let alone 500 for the mud pit. But the points add up, Rant is right a couple of ATSNN posts and your sailing even replying to ATSNN thread will give you more points than all the other threads it�s easy, your will points will add up before you know it.

Sauron

[edit on 8/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSolution
If the basic idea of this site is to promote open discussion about conspiracies and topics often kept hidden from the general public in the first place why make it so hard to get into certain parts of the site?

So whistleblowers have a place to post identifiable information away from prying eyes. If you had real information you could get fired (or worse) for, RATS is the place to post it. No web crawlers, no googling, and no oogling.

At least people with access are somewhat vetted. It takes time to get in RATS for a reason.

But it's not mind blowing. No need to rush. I doubt we average more than 10 posts a month in RATS and that's just as it should be. It's not intended to be an active forum. It's not chit chat. It's not a club. It's a special purpose forum for one thing, posting sensitive material.

Everything else gets moved or trashed.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm interested in getting into RATS. I would like to be 'in the know'. Can anyone who has access tell me how many active users there currently are?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSolution

Where is your answers to this persons questions!!!!

Come on, is this some government coverup to the the truth?The truth is out there but it is going to cost me 5000 plus 250 a month.
The cost of truth as gone up with inflation,huh!

I mean come on folks, do you high points folks have a life or a job outside of posting on this board?

I come to htis board to read a couple articles a night for 15 or 20 minutes.
Not to sit and post articles that I see on MSN or CNN.

So Are u for real???

Or better yet do you have a job/life??!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join