It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Really Above Top Secret (restricted access forum) Membership Policy and Prices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The monthly price was just dropped to 250, folks.

EDIT: A slight problem... RATS was deleted from my suscribed threads in MyATS. Will this happen at the first of every month? That could get go be rather annoying to have to re-add that at the first as well.

[edit on 12/6/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I might be able to handle 250 a month, but I will have to start making posts in RATS about B, oh and B will not be joining the thread or making monthly payments.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
The monthly price was just dropped to 250, folks.

Instead about worrying about the price of tea in China (or RATS at the ATS PX) you should be out there honing your skills. Drill and drill again until you can post with proficiency!

Now drop and give me twenty "cmdr".

I can't hear you.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yipee! Now I can quit hoarding points. I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with them. Target won't take them.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Instead about worrying about the price of tea in China (or RATS at the ATS PX) you should be out there honing your skills. Drill and drill again until you can post with proficiency!

I was just informing those who were griping about the price (in case the just clicked the >> for the thread in MyATS) and didn't see the edit SO made in the original post. As you can see by the mass of points I have, neither 250 a month nor 500 a month really would have been a problem for me. I'd probably break even with posts even if it were 500 a month.

So maybe you should drop?

d1k

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This has to be the single worst idea the staff has came up with here. WTH you guys thinking? You're basicly forcing people to use your site, now if you want to post something other like minded people (but not the whole net) should know you are forced to post in other sections for points???

Does your banners or advertisments have anything to do with this? You guys trying to get more cash?

You are just gong to kill the RATS section. I to want my 3500 points back, this is utter bs.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So what would happen if I paid the 5000 points for membership and renewed it every month but one month couldn't afford to pay the 250 and I lose my access for a period of time.

After a while, if I wanted access again, would that mean that I would have to fork out another 5000 points or just 250 to renew it when I get them?

[edit on 6/12/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I dont have a huge problem with the change. I can certainly understand the logic. But what if I dont want to participate anymore? Can I get my 3500 back? Thats alot of points to me and I could buy some more pretty colors and stuff with them

Here is an analogy:

If you bought a funky new car last week for $3500. Then this week the company you bought it from announces that the car will not work anymore unless you pay a monthly fee of $250 (7%) to secure that you are a serious car owner. Would you still want that car? Or would you want to return it?

I want my 3500 points please. I want pretty colors.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How about dropping the monthly fees to about 50 points a month, that would still require people to sign up each month and purge the no shows, without punishing the majority as much.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen
After a while, if I wanted access again, would that mean that I would have to fork out another 5000 points or just 250 to renew it when I get them?

I asked the same thing in my first post in this thread and I'm still awaiting an answer. I'm sure SO has other stuff to do along with finding out answers to our questions.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I was just informing those who were griping about the price (in case the just clicked the >> for the thread in MyATS) and didn't see the edit SO made in the original post. As you can see by the mass of points I have, neither 250 a month nor 500 a month really would have been a problem for me. I'd probably break even with posts even if it were 500 a month.

So maybe you should drop?

Some idle schoolgirl in Michigan with a crush on a soccer player wants to tell Major Discrepancy to drop? I'll have you know I drop and give the good old U.S. of A. a hundred while your still dreaming some MTV fantasy. Points? Points will get you what? Dinner and drinks down at the "O" Club? Who cares? Quality, that's what this man's Army needs!

Extra duty for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE PURCHASED RATS ACCESS: You only need to purchase a monthly renewal to get your access back. You are in the membership list as having purchased base access.

It's my understanding that once you purchase the base renewal price, you could skip 3 months...a year.. 20 years, and then buy access again with 250 points when you were ready. If you can't afford 250 a month then maybe only check it every other month.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
At this rate I'll never get in. I need to come up with some real garbage threads just to get the points. Seems like most threads are just retreads of older threads anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Some idle schoolgirl in Michigan with a crush on a soccer player wants to tell Major Discrepancy to drop? I'll have you know I drop and give the good old U.S. of A. a hundred while your still dreaming some MTV fantasy. Points? Points will get you what? Dinner and drinks down at the "O" Club? Who cares? Quality, that's what this man's Army needs!

Extra duty for you.

Please, I'm not trying to flame or disrespect you. I believe that that was taking it a bit too far mate, and that that was unneccessary. You know me as much as I know you; in other words not at all. Maybe if you ventured into the Space Exploration you could see the quality of the majority of my posts though.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What the hell is the point of this stupid point system?...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
At this rate I'll never get in. I need to come up with some real garbage threads just to get the points. Seems like most threads are just retreads of older threads anyway.

Psssst! Here's a little secret...if you submit a news article to ATSNN you'll get 750 points when it gets upgraded to a story. If do this once every 3 months you'll always have enough points... Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I'd reccommend doing it the dbates way... That way may get you an encounter with the ban hammer. Besides, ATS is really looking for quality of posts and not quantity.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the problem with that is, every time I find something to try to submit, its been covered already. Maybe a few I have a new way to get into area 51 threads will work.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen So what would happen if I paid the 5000 points for membership and renewed it every month but one month couldn't afford to pay the 250 and I lose my access for a period of time.
Once you purchase basic access, you never need to again. Anyone who already has, will not need to. If you purchase it now, never come to ATS in 12 months, returning to RATS will only cost 250.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Post an article on ATSNN! They've made it nearly idiot proof, it takes very little effort and even if no one replies it's a 750 point bonanza. If you find something interesting it's 50 points a reply. I posted an article the other night that received 40 replys, that's 11 months in fees or over halfway to access in one thread.

Why do you think all the ATSNN reporters have six figures in points?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join