It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti - Freemasonry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
Aleister Crowley, the most evil man that ever was a 33rd degree mason.

Sigh. I don't think you've quite got the hang of this do you?
Aleister Crowley was not a "33rd degree mason" in regular Freemasonry.

www.masonicinfo.com...

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Even Crowley himself admitted that regular Freemasons would not regard him as being a member of their Order and tha he was shunned.

www.hermetic.com...

users.erols.com...

Of course, if you want to believe everything you read on -------------------------, that's up to you.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

www.hermetic.com...

users.erols.com...

What's funny is that these aren't even links by Masons!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
im just working with the info i get

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Ghost 7
Aleister Crowley, the most evil man that ever was a 33rd degree mason.

This one made me laugh.

So you're going to ignore Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Caligula, and call Crowley "the most evil man that ever was" because he was an outspoken social critic, and wasn't afraid to point out hypocrisy when he saw it?

Gimme a break.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cotwom

Originally posted by Leveller

www.hermetic.com...

users.erols.com...

What's funny is that these aren't even links by Masons!!!

Actually the second one is. Gary Ford is a Mason and a friend of mine.

Regards

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
*Bumps "All-Seeing Eye's" spam out of the way*

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
*Bumps "All-Seeing Eye's" spam out of the way*

Sorta like you bumping old threads for NO good reason?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

yes they are look it up in a dictionary if you have to but any type of organization even if it is through degrees means it is a ranking system!

Masonic processions

The too great frequencyes of Masonic processions is an evil greatly to be deplored. In this State (Maine) no lodge can perform a public procession, except for funerals and attendance upon Divine Services, without the consent of the Grand Master ...

The following is the order of Grande Lodge procession in this State (Maine), on ordinary occasion:

Grand Tyler, with drawn sword.
Grand Stewards, with rods.
Grand Organist.
Grand pursuivants, with swords.
Holy Writings by a Master supported
by two of his Stewards.
Grand Chaplains.
District Deputy Grand Masters.
Grand Secretary and Grand Treasurer.
Past Grand Wardens.
Past Grand Masters.
Officiating Grand Chaplain.
Grand Wardens.
Deputy Grand Master.
Mason of oldest lodge, carrying Book of Constitutions.
Grand Master,
supported by the Grand Deacons, with rods.
Grand Standard Bearer.
Grand Sword Bearer, with sword.
Grand Steward, with rods.

The Grand Deacons should march on a line about five feet apart and a little in advance of the Grand Master, and when he passes through the lines, his supports should accompany him in advance of the Deputy Grand Master ...

IMO this looks like a military style structure. Everybody has to post a certain place according to his status in the Lodge. This honourary titles looks like ranks to me.
If you are a Marine every Marine is your brother like Mason is a brother to every Mason. But when they have a job to do they do it accordingly to their status or rank in fraternity, organization or institution.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
IMO this looks like a military style structure. Everybody has to post a certain place according to his status in the Lodge. This honourary titles looks like ranks to me.
If you are a Marine every Marine is your brother like Mason is a brother to every Mason. But when they have a job to do they do it accordingly to their status or rank in fraternity, organization or institution.

These are the lodge's officers. We have always said that THE ONLY MASONS WITH ANY KIND OF RANK ARE THE LODGE'S OFFICERS. They are elected to one-year terms. But when the lodge is not in session, they are ordinary brothers. There is nothing evil or nefarious about this.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not being funny but I have seen a posed photograph of Crowly wearing full regalia for the 33rd Degree standing in the UGLoE.
I'll see if I can dig it out and scan it, but then again I think its already on the web somewhere or other.

Ummm if I am reading this thread right the current Masonic opinion on this is that he wasn't a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason....I'm pretty sure about six months ago you were all saying otherwise.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
wow!
my thread seems to got out of hand here

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrExplodingToilet
Not being funny but I have seen a posed photograph of Crowly wearing full regalia for the 33rd Degree standing in the UGLoE.
I'll see if I can dig it out and scan it, but then again I think its already on the web somewhere or other.

Ummm if I am reading this thread right the current Masonic opinion on this is that he wasn't a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason....I'm pretty sure about six months ago you were all saying otherwise.

Leveller has already posted the appropriate link at the top of the page for you, but as you appear unable to click it I'll post the information it contains.

Aleister Crowley - "The Great Beast" - Masonry's detractors make much of the supposed Masonic membership of this individual whose claims to immoral behavior are the antithesis of all that Freemasonry holds dear. Their charges are buttressed by a popular photograph of Crowley in regalia purporting to be a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason. What's the truth?

In these days of copyright protection, it's hard to understand how multiple groups could all claim the same name but such is the history surrounding Freemasonry as other organizations took its name and bastardized its concepts. Sometimes, regrettably, this occurred when someone who had previously been regularly made a Mason would decide - for whatever reason - that they could improve on things. Crowley joined a French Grand Lodge which was unrecognized by 'mainstream' Freemasonry and, in fact, was apparently quite miffed when he failed to be acknowledged as a Mason by those in London, his home at the time. Subsequently, he was 'given' a 33rd Scottish Rite degree while traveling in Mexico. Again, the organization which gave him that degree was a spurious one, totally unrecognized by other Scottish Rite Bodies throughout the world.

Consequently it's highly unlikely Crowleys photo in 33 degree regalia would have been taken inside Freemasons Hall in London. Particularly as UGLE has nothing to do with the Ancient & Accepted Rite in England, let alone the Scottish Rite which doesn't exist in the UK at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

Nobody ever said that. Crowley was made a mason by IRREGULAR masons and therefore was not a real mason himself. I would LOVE to see a picture of crowley in regalia if you have it, which i know you dont.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

It's been said several times already...Crowley was not a REGULAR Mason (i.e. NOT recognized by legitimate Freemasonry) But I have seen a picture of him wearing 33rd Degree regalia too. He was NOT however in the United Grand Lodge of England. ....although he was likely in England.

I've worn a Bishop's Mitre before....but it didn't make me a Bishop.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
I suppose I would rather feel a fool and know the truth, than spout a lie a be a fool.

Wow, You To Really have No Idea. Thats all I am saying is WOW!!

I Know, I've made visits to Lodge Meetings as Well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join